EPL 2009/2010

What a game. I'm still hoping Man Utd win the title, mainly because I hate Chelsea, and Drogba's goal was clearly offside (good finish though). Where I saw the game, the 3DTV was off to one side of the big projector, and it seemed that most viewers thought the projector would be in 3D - there was significant unrest when people realised they couldn't see the game in 3D very well from where they were sitting!

Saturday, 3 April 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal 1-0 Wolverhampton
Bolton 0-1 Aston Villa
Burnley 1 ? 6 Man City (17:30 ko)
Man Utd 1-2 Chelsea
Portsmouth 0-0 Blackburn
Stoke 2-0 Hull
Sunderland 3-1 Tottenham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very late goal secured Arsenal?s win against Wolves, probably giving Arsen Wenger and Whappeh heart palpitations.

A little unlucky for Wolves for holding out for 90 minutes, but a BBC stat is that Arsenal have scored 18 goals in the last 10 minutes this season.

Keeps the Gunners in the race, especially with Man U loosing to Chelsea.

A bad result from Spurs with one the ?easier? winable games on their run in to the season.

I refer the audience to the "penalty" in last weeks Burnley/Blackburn game and point at the ref.
:roflmao:

Try and get something out of the game against Man City.

EDIT: Burnley are 5 -0 down at half time. :sad:
EDIT2: Man City go fourth in the EPL above Tottenham, not a Happy Harry at Spurs I reckon.

Last edited:
OH MAN. What an end to the Arsenal match. Bendtner is the hero in North London AGAIN tonight.

Wolves deserved to lose. Aside from Hahnemann, who was brilliant, Wolves were outclassed badly. A very lucky finish for Arsenal, but Wolves were lucky that Hahnemann showed up and kept them in the game as long as he did.

The stadium erupted when Arsenal scored with 50 seconds left to play. I am stunned that they missed the 4v1 oppertunity literally 30 seconds later to make it a 2-0 game.

EDIT: Burnley are 5 -0 down at half time. :sad:

That didn't happen, it really didn't happen. I asked my good friend, Harvey the Rabbit. He said it didn't happen. Harvey wouldn't lie to me. So it didn't happen.

Birmingham-Liverpool: Good game today. Gerrard and Torres really are quality players, they're head and shoulders above the rest of the Liverpool squad. It wasn't the most exciting match I've ever seen but there were plenty of chances and it could have gone either way. 1-1 a fair result. Delighted to have locked out the top six teams at St. Andrews :D

I can't believe we even secured a point. A win next week is crucial.

And I'm having a bit of a crisis of faith. I don't know half of the team anymore. It seems like almost all of the reasons why I became a fan have been destroyed in the last 18-24 months.

:(

EPL End of Season Predictions ? Round #2

1. Who will win the title this year?

Chelsea

2. Who will be second and third placed?

Man Utd Arsenal

3. Which team are going to take the fourth spot?

Man City

4. What teams will be relegated?

Portsmouth, Burnley and Hull

5. Which team will just escape relegation and be fourth bottom?

West Ham

The top three team's remaining fixtures during the run in to the title.

Chelsea v Bolton
Tottenham v Chelsea
Chelsea v Stoke
Liverpool v Chelsea
Chelsea v Wigan
I have Chelsea winning four but loosing to Liverpool.

Blackburn v Man Utd
Man City v Man Utd
Man Utd v Tottenham
Sunderland v Man Utd
Man Utd v Stoke
I have Man U winning four but loosing away to Man City in the derby game.

Tottenham v Arsenal
Wigan v Arsenal
Arsenal v Man City
Blackburn v Arsenal
Arsenal v Fulham
I have the Gunners winning three, only drawing away with Spurs and loosing to Man City.

Big change at the top from me since last week's predictions round, bottom the same. It is going to be very close finish, with a draw rather than a win for any team will make a big difference.

For us neutrals it is really exciting end of the season, but I can understand if your team is in the top or bottom four it must be very nerve racking. Good luck to everyone anyway. :cool:

Sunday, 4 April 2010

Birmingham 1-1 Liverpool
Everton 2-2 West Ham
Fulham 2-1 Wigan
Good point for West Ham with most of their close rivals getting nothing this weekend. Birmingham has been hard to beat at home, so a draw was better than nothing. Don?t know what the Torres substitution was about, injury worries I suppose. It lessened the chance of a win in this game and may have lost them any fourth place chance.
:)

Last edited:
I'm iffy about the Torres substitution. He had no help at the front when he was there, and he was being marked by the entire midfield and defense. That is frustrating, and counterproductive to getting any chance at goal. So that's the plus side of the substitution. The down side, is that, he would have probably netted the two goals that Ngog missed when he came on. Having said that, the blues opened up their D once Ngog came on, so that was probably the reason those chances came along, in the first place.

We really need a quality striker to partner Torres. The defense has to be divided, and we need another player to share the burden. If it keeps going on like this, Torres won't leave because we don't make the UCL, rather, because he has no support at the front. Benitez needs to realise this and change up the formation a little for next year.

As for Aquilani, I was really disappointed that he claimed to have an injury, yet was able to come on and play, even for 10 minutes (that consisted of mainly flopping over and getting free kicks :\).

Confirmed by today?s results, Newcastle United will be promoted to the EPL for next season.
The Magpies, still with five games to play, can now no longer finish in less than second place and will probably be champions.

?Tha? Toon Army? is back! :unsure:

Toon Army = 50,000 baldy headed dudes, with huge beer bellies, not wearing any shirts in freezing conditions, yelling abuse at anyone really. (No, I am not kidding.)

ept_sports_sow_experts-704332272-1270515727.jpg

This is tha toon army.

I can if you really want? :blink:

Did that myself, thanks.

Hard to talk without getting the bile all over myself. That was nasty.