MLB '10 Regular Season Thread

I made sure to pick up Garrett Jones, but wasn't sure if he was the real deal. He's the real deal. 3HR, 6RBI, 4R in 2 games and nothing to show for it. :/

Ole Hoss comes through! Dempster was awesome last night.

And Troy Glauss better pick it up, or he's going to get run out of town. Never heard someone booed in their second game with us before.

No one is allowed to complain about batting averages at the moment. :p

Aye. Takes a few weeks to get it worked out to a proper average. I have some monster hitters on my team and my team average is like .160 now.

Dear lord, Wells sure loves hitting in his hometown.

Now my Jays are tearing into Frankie Francisco, who I have on my fantasy team. I hate my life sometimes.

Last edited:
I'll take a fantasy loss for a White Sox win all day long.

MLB.tv is terrible. TERRIBLE. Don't buy if you haven't already because the entire service seems to be run by a bunch of retarded leper monkeys.

How so? I use it and I love it. I blame Canada.

How so? I use it and I love it. I blame Canada.

None of the archived games are working properly. The help forums are flooded with people complaining.

Jason Motte double fail: not only did he single-handedly lose a game in six pitches, but he also got us our first L of the season last year, too.

Jason Heyward, meet Carlos Marmol's slider. Welcome to the big leagues.

Though, to be fare, that seems to be the night where Big Boy Marmol showed up. There are some nights that look like little league teams can take him yard.

Another good come-from-behind win today by the Jays! Really liking the fight these guys are showing this year, should make for some exciting games.

Though, to be fare, that seems to be the night where Big Boy Marmol showed up. There are some nights that look like little league teams can take him yard.
Actually, the truth is that nearly no one can even hit Marmol, much less take him yard. Marmol's problem has always been walks.

Take a look at his first 4 seasons:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/marmoca01-pitch.shtml#2006-2009-sum:pitching_simple

H/9: 5.17
HR/9: 0.8
BB/9: 5.9
SO/9: 10.6
SO/BB: 1.81
BB/H: 1.03

That last ratio is the my favorite; he's allowed more walks than hits. That's just insane.

In other words, he's basically unhittable and guaranteed to miss a ton of bats and hit a ton of batters. :D

Was watching Sox/Twins on my iPhone in bed, and had to get up and come post about how blah this team has been over the past 3 games.