Random Thoughts....

Thunderstorms are being forecast, sweet!

Isn't it weird that things you were scared of as a kid you like when you're older?

I don't understand how some minimum wage thing that you did for a couple of Summers when you were 14 would help for a prospective employer. I suppose the money would be good but at $9 an hour for just eight hours every month I fail to see the point.
On some level it will look good on your CV. At the very least it shows them that you want to work and that you're able to hold down a shitty, unpleasant job. Which is way harder than holding down a good job. And if you do well at it and learn to work very fast and efficiently and show up on time and don't call in sick and you take extra shifts when they're desperate then they'll appreciate you and they'll have good things to say about you if they're asked or if they write you a reference.

And if you learn how to ignore that little voice in your head that tells you that this jobs sucks and you want to go home, and if you can suck it up and overcome all that shit and do a good job anyway and take one for the team... well, that's a valuable thing to have in any job and in life in general I guess.

@tgf: I'm in the same boat :lol:

I used to be scared of loud noises, fireworks, thunderstorms, to name a few things :p

I'm glad it doesn't work the other way around, though, otherwise I'd be afraid of heights right now.

I hope we get a thunderstorm and it kills all the people I don't like right now. That would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

Why does everyone have such a blatant disregard for the law around here? I could just so easily report these stupid parties full of underage drinking and debauchery and rape to the cops and they'd all be done for. But I don't even care that much anymore after what they've said to me.

If I hear one more person say I need professional help, they're going to end up in my trunk. Dead.

I hope we get a thunderstorm and it kills all the people I don't like right now. That would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

Why does everyone have such a blatant disregard for the law around here? I could just so easily report these stupid parties full of underage drinking and debauchery and rape to the cops and they'd all be done for. But I don't even care that much anymore after what they've said to me.

If I hear one more person say I need professional help, they're going to end up in my trunk. Dead.
For the love of God, turn off your computer, remove the stick from your ass, and go outside. Go right now; be sure to breath in some of that air.

I went through a similar phase in regards to people I despised, best to follow teletubby's advice. Just getting away from it all helps A LOT!

... God I hope my girlfriend and I can figure out a way for her to pay for college. She got her financial aid info today, got a huge scholarship for about 1/2 of her tuition, and her parents' response was "We can't afford to pay for your college.... maybe you just won't go."

In crisis mode.

... God I hope my girlfriend and I can figure out a way for her to pay for college. She got her financial aid info today, got a huge scholarship for about 1/2 of her tuition, and her parents' response was "We can't afford to pay for your college.... maybe you just won't go."

In crisis mode.

Is she receiving less financial aid than the previous year? That was one of my biggest gripes with college, the diminishing financial aide amounts. Seemed like they were more interested in attracting high school seniors than maintain college Sophomores and Juniors. Personally I just worked my balls off moving furniture in the summers and working during the school year at a sorority house.

Do kids not save for college any more? The people I know still in college complain a lot about how their parents don't give them enough money. My parents contributed maybe a few hundred dollars towards my college expenses, that was money used to open savings accounts when I was 9 or something. I had to save money to pay for my college. :dunno:

Thunderstorms are being forecast, sweet!

Isn't it weird that things you were scared of as a kid you like when you're older?

@tgf: I'm in the same boat :lol:

I used to be scared of loud noises, fireworks, thunderstorms, to name a few things :p

I'm glad it doesn't work the other way around, though, otherwise I'd be afraid of heights right now.

I'm the opposite now. Sort of. I never really liked thunderstorms and loud noises, but I endured them. Now, they freak the crap of me and I can't stand them no more.

Did she apply/was she offered federal student loans? That's what I used when I had to put myself through (at least for the tuition - I had to use my CCs for living expenses etc.) G'luck to her!

Is she receiving less financial aid than the previous year? That was one of my biggest gripes with college, the diminishing financial aide amounts. Seemed like they were more interested in attracting high school seniors than maintain college Sophomores and Juniors. Personally I just worked my balls off moving furniture in the summers and working during the school year at a sorority house.

She's an incoming Freshman.

Do kids not save for college any more? The people I know still in college complain a lot about how their parents don't give them enough money. My parents contributed maybe a few hundred dollars towards my college expenses, that was money used to open savings accounts when I was 9 or something. I had to save money to pay for my college. :dunno:

Of course she has her own money. But that is not enough to cover the tuition. She offered to take out private loans to pay for college as her sisters did, and they said that they wouldn't co-sign.

Did she apply/was she offered federal student loans? That's what I used when I had to put myself through (at least for the tuition - I had to use my CCs for living expenses etc.) G'luck to her!

We're working on that right now and this weekend. I'm not sure, but I'd suspect she at least qualifies for the subsidized Stafford, if not the Perkins.

Last edited:
Of course she has her own money. But that is not enough to cover the tuition.

I guess in my mind that's a problem, but again it's because I was raised to pay for my own college, and that debt is a bad thing. My family doesn't like to do loans :lol:

Of course, I'd never go to a college where tuition was something crazy like >$10000 a semester (Honestly I'd have to think long and hard about one at $5000/semester too). There comes a point where it's just silly. You graduate and enter your life with $60000 in loans from school alone, then you have to go buy a house for a few hundred thousand dollars (or piss away thousands renting some place- that's money you never get back). No thanks.

I can understand that completely. Of course, different situations cause different problems, and solutions.

No fucking way, Hugh Hefner has a Twitter. What a BAMF.

#imseriouslyaddictedtotwitter #pleasehelpme

Rotfl, I wonder if he even checks it himself (probably not...)

I haven't been able to jump on the Twitter bandwagon. It's not as interactive as Facebook, and the fact that no one I know uses it (Twitter skews way toward the 30+ crowd: They liken it to be the "social network for grownups") doesn't help. I have a account but kinda forget about it.

Sometimes the simplest option is the best. I just had a stuck on left mouse button with the MX1000. After trying several things, even going into safemode, nothing worked. All it needed was to be switched off and back on again. The microswitch in the mouse just needed a reset.

Second abbreviated rant in 24 hours... this one concerns noisy neighbours. Went to sleep relatively late last night (11 pm-ish), but was kept awake for another 4 ****ing hours by people having an extremely noisy party upstairs...