FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can go on a open track day for a few 45 min runs for150 bucks at the local track, why spend 8 times as much for what is suppose to be a cheaper league.

Except that $150 doesn't cover the cost of buying and modifying a car...

Stop being a selfish dick. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Don't blame us for that.

Last edited:
$750 is bloody cheap for a proper car race. I thought someone who is supposed to be a professional driver would know that, and expect fees in that area. If every race was $750, I would have started a long time ago. They're not, so I haven't. Look closer to $5000 for one race and you're nearly there.
professional driver as in driving M plates on the street. subaru awd prototypes and full camo cars and any and every thing between. 750+200(if you dent it) on top suit, hotel room, and gas to get out there makes it pointless, i will just go to work tomorrow and have the same fun in some new srt 8 challenger, or twin turbo diesel. today was a Suzuki Kizashi with paddles, tomorrow who knows what.

^- Yeah, you're the king driving this cars around. Sure you score lots of chicks. Go play with yourself somewhere else and stop bitching.

EDIT: OK, you drive other people's cars for a living, mention the Challenger and do not even drop in a tiny Vanishing Point reference. That's kinda lame.

Last edited:
professional driver as in driving M plates on the street. subaru awd prototypes and full camo cars and any and every thing between. 750+200(if you dent it) on top suit, hotel room, and gas to get out there makes it pointless, i will just go to work tomorrow and have the same fun in some new srt 8 challenger, or twin turbo diesel. today was a Suzuki Kizashi with paddles, tomorrow who knows what.

Its no issue to any of us for you to go to work and "have the same fun" in a diesel or an automatic Japanese sedan, so stop complaining.

If I had the chance to do competitive racing on a race track in a race prepped supercharged Pontiac for $750 (+$200 if you are an idiot), I would leap at the opportunity.

The design of the spring doesn't really allow for a coil to be cut out and still have it fit the strut. Besides, lowering a W body can cause problems such as giving the suspension a pogo effect (even with a set of true lowering springs) and it can possibly wear out your CV joints faster, there are ways to correct this but it's just another expense we don't need.

As noted earlier, the car now sits higher due to the diet, so a set of lowering springs that let it sit at stock height should be ok. You could also use springs from a 4 cylinder version of the same chasis. How much has it grown?

^- Yeah, you're the king driving this cars around. Sure you score lots of chicks. Go play with yourself somewhere else and stop bitching.

EDIT: OK, you drive other people's cars for a living, mention the Challenger and do not even drop in a tiny Vanishing Point reference. That's kinda lame.

o trust me, there was many a joke about not driving it in to solid objects.

Except that $150 doesn't cover the cost of buying and modifying a car...

Stop being a selfish dick. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Don't blame us for that.
THIS. Please.

And yet you can't be arsed to do something simple like use capital letters? STFU and stop whining. You can't afford it. Why the hell should I subsidize you? If you're all that AND a piece of cheesecake then I'm sure your getting all the driving time you need already. Looser.

I also don't believe for a nanosecond that you're a test driver for anyone at all.

Last edited:
I also don't believe for a nanosecond that you're a test driver for anyone at all.
job title orvt test driver, means on road vehicle testing. there is about 15 of us in Livonia and we drive 7 days a week, 8-10 hours both city and freeway. as much as 550 (freeway) miles to as little as 340 (city) with a mix of roads, from back country twisty roads, dirt and straight freeways.
http://www.odinjobs.com/Odin/job?cid=b089ef54e202bf1c:1a75d187:126e1053f46:-7ad2#

our route for 500 miles in a night
http://www.mapmytracks.com/explore/track/30849
http://www.mapmytracks.com/explore/track/34027

let me know next time you rack up 500 miles in a week, let along in a single 10 hours shift driving.

stfu.jpg

You can't afford it / Don't want to pay. Tough.

(+$200 if you are an idiot)
"But I'm used to driving cars to the breaking point!"

job title orvt test driver, means on road vehicle testing. there is about 15 of us in Livonia and we drive 7 days a week, 8-10 hours both city and freeway. as much as 550 (freeway) miles to as little as 340 (city) with a mix of roads, from back country twisty roads, dirt and straight freeways.
Mmhm. Scan a W-2 or pay stub, your driver's license (Both clearly showing your name - you can block out all the sensitive info!) and a picture of yourself and MAYBE someone might believe it. It still won't knock a single penny off the cost of entry.

let me know next time you rack up 500 miles in a week, let along in a single 10 hours shift driving.
How's this week sound? 500 miles in a day is NOTHING. I've done 1600 without flinching.

There is no guarantee on how much time each person will get behind the wheel, no one knows what's going to happen once the car hits the track. Only one or two LeMons races per year are for a full 24 hours, the rest are always split into two days. For Summit Point on Saturday the first session starts at 10AM and finishes at 8PM, at which point everyone makes repairs and tries to get some sleep. Then on Sunday the second session starts at 12PM and goes till 4:30PM. We've done three of the full 24 hour races in the past, but this year they're only holding them in California and Florida neither of which we'll be entering.

Still, that's pretty awesome for that cheap. *applauds the team* Plus its a great way to spend a weekend.

Anyone else notice that gotspeed claims to make "mad money" and was all enthusiastic until price of entry came up?

Dude, every time you post you look like more of an idiot. If it's not worth it to you, don't do it. That simple.

EDIT: I have no problem believing you're a test driver, it sounds like a great job. It does not affect this situation at all.

where did i say i made mad money? i said it doesn't pay like crazy. i do it for the fun part not because of the money it pays

Indeed you did, I misread and missed the "not." Your posts makes a lot more sense now :blush:

Gotspeed, even if you had the money required for this, there is no way in hell you'd get to drive with Final Gear. None of us have liked your attitude or behavior from the very start, and this most recent bout of you bitching about the costs involved hasn't done anything to help. Also, stop posting all these stories of your "driving prowess", or about the latest car you claim to have tested, or that you've driven 10 hours straight before. It doesn't impress us one bit nor do we really give a shit, this thread isn't the place for you to be posting them anyway.

Last edited:
On my way in to work this morning I realized that your entry fee is doing exactly what it's supposed to, weeding out the douche bags. Good job guys! :D

As noted earlier, the car now sits higher due to the diet, so a set of lowering springs that let it sit at stock height should be ok. You could also use springs from a 4 cylinder version of the same chasis. How much has it grown?

The only engine options for this version of the W body was a 3.1 V6, the NA 3.8 V6, and then the SC 3.8 we have. It's kind of moot anyway since new springs don't fit into the budget.

It should drop back down a bit once there's a few hundred pounds of steel cage in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.