NBC Late Night woes

would have been better if they had Julia Mancuso on there, she seemed to be the real star between the two of them.

Watched Jay's monolouge tonight.

my god is that man not funny.

Flipped imdeiately back to Letterman

Apollo Ohno said:
between Pamela Anderson and Evan Lysacek, well, Pamela Anderson's a little top heavy...

:lol:

holy crap holy crap holy crap!!!

$96 a ticket?? Maybe I'll look for a cheap seat..

holy crap holy crap holy crap!!!

$96 a ticket?? Maybe I'll look for a cheap seat..

That's not that bad. I was checking out prices for Canadian shows, there were some $600 tickets.

I'm not too sure about what exactly he will be performing. NBC owns all of his material, sketches, characters, bits, I doubt he could come up with 30 performances worth of new material in a matter of weeks.

Last edited:
Yeah, as much as I would love to go I think I'll sit this one out. I'm sure it'll be a good show but maybe not quite worth it.

I saw him when he was still doing Late Night, that was good enough.

He's done live before. And he doesn't have to come up with 30 shows worth of material...only 1 show, repeated 30 times...just like any other commedian on tour.

The name of the tour is great "The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny of Television Tour"...however, ?fuck it, we'll do it live tour" would have been just as funny.

Man this sucks. I was going to order tickets thursday but my wife wanted to talk about it friday so I didn't. Then today it work it was too busy for me to try and order tickets.

Now it seems all the regular price seats at the Wang theater, Mohegan sun arena and Radio City are sold out.

poster

Amazing. looks like im road tripping

Via twitter, enter for a chance to win a pair of VIP seats and meet Conan O'Brien.

Well, it looks like Conan is headed to TBS in November.
Conan O'Brien said:
The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show.
LINK

Aaron Bleyaert said:
Just had breakfast with @conanobrien... And we're headed to TBS in November!!! EXCITEMENT.
LINK

TBS?? Really?

What happened to going to Fox? What happened to going to FX and being able to say everything but "fuck" on the air?

$$$ happened, that's what. Same thing that always happens in Hollywood. I see this as the beginning of the end of his career. What comes on TBS other than reruns of Full House and Saved by the Bell? I haven't watched that network in... ever.

TBS has... Lopez Tonight, Meet the Browns, House of Payne............. so yeah, probably the end for Conan.

I think he will be fine on TBS, he may not be on a major channel but he will be able to get away with A LOT more on cable. I don't think he will sign a long contract for it. I really really want Conan to grow from this. Not fair crappy Fallon and Leno get a better job than someone with talent.

the key thing about Conan's deal is that HE owns all the rights to things that the show comes up with, unlike how NBC owes everything from Late Night and Tonight Show.

He's taking much of the staff from Late Night/Tonight Show with him to TBS. making $10million per year.

Simple reason i believe, behind the Fox deal not working was the affiliates not wanting to get rid of syndicated shows. Apparently Microsoft were in talks with him to do a show for Xbox Live, would have been and interesting move if it happened.