Unveiled: 2011 MG 6

While I really like almost everything about this car I have one little complaint. The air vents aren't all the same. Some are rectangles and some are circles. This bother OCD me.

Looks decent, although the leather appears super low-rent, as does the BMW-copied shift knob. A very interesting alternative to the Focus, that's for sure.

While I really like almost everything about this car I have one little complaint. The air vents aren't all the same. Some are rectangles and some are circles. This bother OCD me.

Steer clear of modern Hondas then:

Honda-Fit_2009_photo_0f.jpg

I know, ti's annoying. Mine has more content and more than double the amount of trunk monkey than Pedro has in his though :D

I dislike the headlights but unless they price that thing out of the sky, they will sell a whole bunch of those.

It's not strikingly original, but all in all pretty decent. Interesting that they don't mention any plans on how they actually want to be selling these things, which, IMO, will be quite crucial to the succes of the whole thing. Building a dealer network for a half-chinese car brand, which is known only to a few enthusiasts (who in turn know that it's chinese and only rather loosely connected to its more famous past), offering one model with one petrol engine and isn't owned by another established car maker, may be a bit tricky.

I've used my right to copy these pictures from Sohus because Autocar believes pictures must not exceed 75 pixels, and if there's anything I hate more than helicopter cowboys it's small pictures. I only like big pictures, like my penis. It is a MG6, as you can see, and not the Roewe 550. I think. Anyway, Autocar has driven it and they rather liked it. Story after the pictures.
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/04/14/Img401511_f.JPG

* chinese man sold separately

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/MG-6/248727/

China hasn't really grasped the concept of using sex to sell, have they?

Are they attempting to show the amount of cargo and interior space by putting a 5 feet "Chinaman" in the car? :D

That list seems to be hugely outdated, the supposed Czech dealer has apparently entered liquidation in 1999.

Ha! Just like MG Rover. :p

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/04/14/Img401511_f.JPG

BlaRo I expect all your car reviews to have a shot like this, but in a speedo you sexy beast. :p

Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please. ;)

I was like "WTF? That can't be a Chinese car -- it doesn't look like shit from the outside". Then I went "oooooh":

The good news is that not only was the 6 largely engineered in the UK, but it will also be sold here on a Europe-exclusive chassis set-up, honed and tweaked on the roads we tested it on. As a benchmark, we took a Ford Focus Zetec S along on the same route.

Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please. ;)

But seriously, I'm not even that offended when people use "Chinaman" anymore. Most people who say it have no idea of the negative connotations attached to it.

But seriously, I'm not even that offended when people use "Chinaman" anymore. Most people who say it have no idea of the negative connotations attached to it.

To me I never knew there were negative connotations; it always just meant "a man from China." It's only when people made such a big deal out of it when I started to believe them...

I'd be more pissed off at people going "ching chong" or the phrase "Oriental." I'm not a carpet!

Does anyone under the age of one hundred say that anymore?

" or the phrase "Oriental." I'm not a carpet!

There is an innuendo somewhere in there.

Last edited: