Which races from the 2010 season would you dump?

Which races from the 2010 season would you dump?

• Bahrain GP, Bahrain International Circuit

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Australian GP, Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Malaysian GP, Sepang International Circuit

• Chinese GP, Shanghai International Circuit

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Spanish GP, Circuit de Catalunya

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Monaco GP, Circuit de Monaco

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Turkish GP, Istanbul Park

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Canadian GP, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • European GP, Valencia Street Circuit

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • British GP, Silverstone Circuit

• German GP, Hockenheimring

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Hungarian GP, Hungaroring

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Belgian GP, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Italian GP, Autodromo Nazionale Monza

• Singapore GP, Marina Bay Street Circuit

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Japanese GP, Suzuka Circuit

• Korean GP, Korean International Circuit

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Brazilian GP, Aut?dromo Jos? Carlos Pace

• Abu Dhabi GP, Yas Marina Circuit

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
They did THAT!?!?!!? Right, the fucker that took a digger to that has no heart...Thank god for rFactor, so I can atleast simulate what it looked like..

This is the fate of the mighty engine killer:
http://img221.imageshack.**/img221/4736/131waldgeradegn3.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.**/img221/5411/130jclarkmemorialki8.jpg

:cry:
I know. It really is a crying shame.
What will fired Mercedes Benz Mechannics do for a hobby now? :|

If it wasn't going to be raced on anymore then they might as well dig it up and put it to some use, even if it is just for wildlife. It was only tarmac at the end of the day.

But WHY wasn't it raced anymore??? THAT is even more depressing..the fact someone thought: I know, let's destroy this and go to a Tilkedrom. BLAH!

But WHY wasn't it raced anymore??? THAT is even more depressing..the fact someone thought: I know, let's destroy this and go to a Tilkedrom. BLAH!

Because it was a boring track with the only part of interest being the stadium section at the end, which still exists. I like tracks that challenge the driver, not put your foot down, chicane, foot down, chicane. We already have Monza for that and one track of that type is more than enough each year.

The best part of the old track was the crappy cars getting a chance at some points because of limited but usually reliable.

And lets not forget "Mr Halfwit".

Because it was a boring track with the only part of interest being the stadium section at the end, which still exists. I like tracks that challenge the driver, not put your foot down, chicane, foot down, chicane. We already have Monza for that and one track of that type is more than enough each year.

I have to disagree on this.
Sure we got one fast track the rest are all chicanes. There are too many "medium speed, medium downforce" tracks on the calendar.
There is too little variety. :( Another high speed venue would hurt no one don't you think? Usually the races at say, Moza, are more exciting than what we see in Valencia for example, where trulli holds 10 cars behind him for half of the race.

Last edited:
Disagree....

I have watched several old races, and the old Hockenheimring did produce a good amount of close races. The long straights allowed drivers to get up close with a tow, and get the ability to overtake. If anything it contributed to a diversity on the starting grid; It had a different character, cars that were weaker on other tracks could excel on the high speed tracks like Hockenheim, Zandvoort, ?sterreichring, Paul Ricard, Monza, and Kyalami. Additionally you also had street circuits like Monaco, Detroit, and Long Beach, where different cars/drivers could do well. The result of this was that you had cars that looked very different, and had different engines. I'd rather see more diversity in the F1 calendar, rather than the boring Tilke-dromes the calendar is full of today.

You just described F1 in 1979 :p One of the best years, awesome tracks, awesome cars that were f*cking dangerous...love it.

And I completely agree with the previous 2 posts...couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

I wish I had enough money to buy the Hockenheimring and restore it to it's original condition. Then I would force Bernie to allow the German Grand Prix to race on the original Track. I have my motives :evil:

Plus I would fire Tilke.

Last edited:
I voted Bahrain, Singapore, Valencia, Shanghai, Hungaroring, and Hockenheim.

Well... and S. Korea. Even though I haven't seen it yet it's ridiculous that South fucking Korea has a Grand Prix while the United States does not. So it gets the nix.

Hockenheim... I don't even know how they allowed Tilke within 100 miles of the grounds.

I don't understand. Is South Korea less of a country than USA?

You just described F1 in 1979 :p One of the best years, awesome tracks, awesome cars that were f*cking dangerous...love it.
Actually, it could be any year between 1978 and 1988.

Not only did the cars look very different, the engines were also different: You had V8s both with and without Turbos, V12s, flat 12s, V6s with Turbos, and I4s with turbo. The Turbo-revolution began with Renault in 1977, but it took until 1986 for the whole field to get turbocharged. There was also different thinking with the chassis; Some went fully to exploit the ground effects before it was banned (Lotus 78/79/80/81 etc, Williams FW07/08, Brabham BT48/49), others relied on mechanical grip (Ferrari 312 T2/3/4/5, Brabham BT46 etc...) The same applied to the tracks; There was everything from fast tracks with fast, flat out turns (like Hockenheim, Paul Ricard, Monza, ?sterreichring, Zandvoort, Silverstone) to relatively slow and tight tracks and street circuits (Jarama, Jerez, Monaco, Long Beach, Detroit) and some that were a combination of both (Jacarepagua (Rio), Imola, Montreal, Suzuka, Estoril, Spa, Adelaide, Hungaroring) I'm missing this diversity, as today all of the high speed tracks, except Monza are gone.

Not only that, but we're losing the scenery of tracks as well. This trend of laying tarmac on the exit of corners is unsightly and bland. Count the trees around new circuits such as Abu Dhabi, Turkey, etc. They're just bland wastelands with miles of runoff space which makes it look like they're holding the race in the local supermarket carpark. It wouldn't be so bad if there was something to break up the monotony of looking at the same old featureless landscapes that afflict all new circuits. Valencia is the absolute worst example so far, although Singapore wouldnt be far behind. I dont mind a good old fashioned street circuit with concrete walls lining the track such as Adelaide or any American track, but these stupid grey hybrids that have popped up are mindnumbingly dull.

There's nothing interesting about a track like Valencia where EVERY goddamn corner looks the same and the boundaries of the track are marked out in white lines as opposed to a grass verge accompanying a gravel trap with a coloured red and white tyre barrier behind it. And behind the wall are trees and spectators. You know, like what we used to have at every European round until some bright spark suggested we hold the race on a swamp in the middle of China where the Xin family (all six of them) are the only spectators in a big empty grandstand. Remember, they're not called tracks anymore, they're 'facilities' for the rich and famous to dine out in luxurious settings in the paddock where the cars are merely a buzzing distraction in a sea of fine wine and superficial people.

I'm glad to see this said, ive been getting the impression from some people that they'd rather have no race at all.

I'm also glad I'm not the only one to think this as well. Race > no race, even if it's a dull one it's interesting to see how the cars do.

Not only that, but we're losing the scenery of tracks as well. This trend of laying tarmac on the exit of corners is unsightly and bland. Count the trees around new circuits such as Abu Dhabi, Turkey, etc. They're just bland wastelands with miles of runoff space which makes it look like they're holding the race in the local supermarket carpark. It wouldn't be so bad if there was something to break up the monotony of looking at the same old featureless landscapes that afflict all new circuits. Valencia is the absolute worst example so far, although Singapore wouldnt be far behind. I dont mind a good old fashioned street circuit with concrete walls lining the track such as Adelaide or any American track, but these stupid grey hybrids that have popped up are mindnumbingly dull.

There's nothing interesting about a track like Valencia where EVERY goddamn corner looks the same and the boundaries of the track are marked out in white lines as opposed to a grass verge accompanying a gravel trap with a coloured red and white tyre barrier behind it. And behind the wall are trees and spectators. You know, like what we used to have at every European round until some bright spark suggested we hold the race on a swamp in the middle of China where the Xin family (all six of them) are the only spectators in a big empty grandstand. Remember, they're not called tracks anymore, they're 'facilities' for the rich and famous to dine out in luxurious settings in the paddock where the cars are merely a buzzing distraction in a sea of fine wine and superficial people.

Mind elaborating why the Singapore track looks crap? Cause for the people who actually live here, the first time we watched it in 2008, the view on the TV screen was spectacular, so much different from the everyday night time view. ^^

Good to see the three tracks I voted are the top three. I really really really hate Abu Dhabi. Bahrain I didn't think much of, but it's reputation from this year alone will scar it for years to come. Valencia...need I say more?

On the other hand, who is the demon that voted for Spa, Monza, and Interlagos!? Treason!