GTA IV DLC packs coming to PS3 and PC!

To be fair, if I was sitting at home waiting, it would be faster to go to the nearest Gamestop and buy it than download it. But, a lot more work, and I am incapable of keeping track of physical objects for extended periods of time.

Of course that would be faster, but I'm glad to spend a little extra time to avoid having to go to a store and/or keep track of a disc.

If anyone is on the fence about buying this.

BUY IT

seriously, it is one of the best add ons for a game ever. Both chapters, The Lost and The Ballad, are incredibly well done

Meh, I'm not digging the biker theme of the Lost but I'm only a few missions in. But I knew going into this that the real fun is to be had in the Ballad.

Does anyone know if they're going to be released on PSN? I only really want Ballad of Gay Tony so I don't want to pay double for something I might not even play.

Last edited:
It should be out now in NA, you guys have to wait a few days I think. I got it mostly for the Ballad but I figure the Lost is worth a playthrough.

^ Yeah but that doesn't really answer my question does it?

Either way I guess I'll get to find out tomorrow.

^ Yeah but that doesn't really answer my question does it?

Either way I guess I'll get to find out tomorrow.

"Upside-Down-Land" was what I was jokingly calling Australia. As I said, it's out Friday, the 16th, in Australia.

"Upside-Down-Land" was what I was jokingly calling Australia. As I said, it's out Friday, the 16th, in Australia.

.....yes but I asked "Does anyone know if they're going to be released on PSN?".

I asked if the DLC was going to be released on Playstation Network as opposed to hard copy, not when it was going to be released.

.....yes but I asked "Does anyone know if they're going to be released on PSN?".

I asked if the DLC was going to be released on Playstation Network as opposed to hard copy, not when it was going to be released.

I highly imagine they would put it on their store.

Friday mate :p Thats when it will be out on PSN. But you should of picked up a hard copy because the stores broke street date and Episodes from Liberty City have been on shelves all day today available for purchase, though it does cost more.

Last edited:
^ I only want Ballad of Gay Tony so it doesn't really matter. I just didn't want to have to go out and buy it, though I have Heavy Rain to play for the time being so that renders my comments moot.

Wasn't the 360 version better downloaded than on disc?
Any ideas on how the PS3 version will be?

Why was the downloaded version better than the disc? I would imagine that they would be the same thing, except with the disc you physically own a copy of the game so you can bring it to friend's houses, etc. which would make it better imo.

I don't know about the Ballad or combined episodes, but when the Lost came out, it wasn't a disc, you just got a download voucher in a disc-shaped box.

I don't know about the Ballad or combined episodes, but when the Lost came out, it wasn't a disc, you just got a download voucher in a disc-shaped box.

They came out at different times on the 360. I think.

Also, I'm currently playing Lost. Should I be playing Tony instead? Is it better?

Last edited:
'There are differences in how the disc content is experienced compared to the DLC versions of the same Grand Theft Auto episodes.
The DLC episodes add music to the existing radio stations in Grand Theft Auto IV and music from the original game is available while playing the DLC episodes, enabling all three games to play a combined soundtrack of over 300 songs. Episodes From Liberty City does not contain radio music included with Grand Theft Auto IV, nor does installing both discs on an Xbox 360 hard drive combine their soundtracks. However, Episodes includes radio stations that are not available for Grand Theft Auto IV. The Episodes soundtrack features over 150 songs, one-third of which are exclusive to the disc.'

'There are differences in how the disc content is experienced compared to the DLC versions of the same Grand Theft Auto episodes.
The DLC episodes add music to the existing radio stations in Grand Theft Auto IV and music from the original game is available while playing the DLC episodes, enabling all three games to play a combined soundtrack of over 300 songs. Episodes From Liberty City does not contain radio music included with Grand Theft Auto IV, nor does installing both discs on an Xbox 360 hard drive combine their soundtracks. However, Episodes includes radio stations that are not available for Grand Theft Auto IV. The Episodes soundtrack features over 150 songs, one-third of which are exclusive to the disc.'

You cannot buy the games individually for the PC or the PS3 either probably.

The way I read it though is if its downloaded you get all the music, disc based you don't.

The way I read it though is if its downloaded you get all the music, disc based you don't.

That was for the 360. The packs came out at separate times I believe and were addons for the original game. Later, you could buy it as one package on a disc as a stand-alone game. I think.

For the PC and PS3, they are one package and do not require GTA4. You cannot get them as addons for the original game. I own GTA4 via Steam and bought Liberty City from Steam as well. It's entirely stand-alone.