Spied: 2011 Opel Astra GSI [twin-turbo charged, 200 horse-power, 2-liter diesel]

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
astra-gsi-espia-605x403.jpg

astra-gsi-espia-1-605x403.jpg

astra-gsi-3-605x403.jpg

astra-gsi-1-605x403.jpg

http://www.diablomotor.com/2010/02/25/primeras-fotos-espias-opel-astra-gsi/

http://www.diablomotor.com/2010/04/13/fotos-espias-opel-astra-gsi/

:cool:

It's perfect for a country like Belgium with the rediculous taxes on displacement. Torque and fuel economy should be epic too!

Oh yes, gimme :D But with a Vauxhall badge...Opel is too common here, Vauxhall ofc isn't :D

I'm fairly confident they won't bring the GSI badge back.

^depends. are they sequential or parallel? are they the same size?

Yup. But I don't think they'll badge a diesel as a GSi anyhow. Perhaps.... CTTDi? Feels a bit long though... Hmmm... TT? EcoPower? EcoBoost? No I got it. flexPower. flexBoost. Something with flex in it.

Why bother with the cammo though? Like anyone would notice... The twin exhaust at the rear is a giveaway though.
Anyway, my dad bought his Opel Astra 2.0 diesel a year to early :p It'll probably be just called the CDTI like the other models I guess.

nice, the new astra is actually a pretty splendid car.... it looks sleek and the interior quality and design is really rather good. much better than the out going model.

this engine likely has sequential turbos....it'll only be a 4 pot, small turbo to eliminate some lag, a big turbo to give you some more poke at the high end so it should be a very tractable engine. BMW's 123d uses a similar set up, so it might be an idea to get an owners perspective on power delivery.

If my Google-fu isn?t letting me down, Opel brought the badge back 3 years ago already for the current Corsa(D), marking the second fastest Corsa in the Range underneath the OPC ...

My bad, I thought they dropped it after the Corsa C GSI for good.

Ttwin-turbo charged, 200 horse-power, 2-liter diesel - watch out, VW Golf GTD!

This might actually be another cool Opel again.

WANT.
Now please make it handle

so do we have any more info on this twin turbo system? I assume it isn't parallel but that leaves divorced sequential and compound sequential. Being as it's a diesel i assume it's going to be compound as thats what bigger diesels tend to run but any info would be super interesting.

Why the fuck would they cover the Opel logo in the front?
So noone knows what it is! It's super effective! :D
They all do that, part of the routine.

I'm interested in what is following it. Looks like a Meriva with the fancy concept grille that they don't put in production. Or is it the new Zaffy?