So... I'm going to be a dad

Well.... I am now a dad!

Well.... I am now a dad!

My son James was born on 13/04/2010 at 20:25 weighing in at 3.2kg (7lb 1oz).

Mum & baby are doing really well and so far he's sleeping lots which is truly excellent!

Here's the little fella - looks quite cute if I do say so myself!!

https://pic.armedcats.net/g/gt/gti138/2010/04/14/DSC_2707.JPG

and here's me in my scrubs before going down for the caesarean.

https://pic.armedcats.net/g/gt/gti138/2010/04/14/DSC_2588.jpg

Did it come with an official dealer's service history?

No history or even manual either! Clean slate this one. We are all learning as we go along which is excellent!

No history or even manual either! Clean slate this one. We are all learning as we go along which is excellent!

No history OR manual? I hope you at least got the extended warranty! :p

Congratulation :)

My son James was born on 13/04/2010 at 20:25 weighing in at 3.2kg (7lb 1oz).

Mum & baby are doing really well and so far he's sleeping lots which is truly excellent!

Here's the little fella - looks quite cute if I do say so myself!!

https://pic.armedcats.net/g/gt/gti138/2010/04/14/DSC_2707.JPG

Awwww, so cute!!! Congrats dude!!!

No manual? I'd complain to the place you got it from then, ask for the manager! :p

Congratulations to the both of you and to little James! I must stop now before I start talking baby language.

Stop spending so much time here and go be a good dad! :p
All the best mate!

Hey congrats let me offer a little advice from my nearly 8 months of being a father.

Kids are alot more tough then you think.

Get over the constant fear of dropping him.

It is inevitable that he is going to fall at some point and he will be ok. My son rolled himself off the couch at about three months old and was fine. He cried like hell for about five minutes then calmed down and got over it. No bruises and even though he landed right on his face his nose was fine.

Be patient with your wife/gf. She is going to be out of it for a good while no matter what. Ignore when your inlaws or your own parents say stupid things.

Just wait till he starts trying to walk around and starts trying to talk in a few months it will be great. My son said his first word "mama" this morning.

Well done it obviously works :mrgreen:

My wife's 39 and a bit weeks pregnant.. we went to see the obstetrician today and he's going to induce her early next week (only a few days early)

Safe to say I'm fairly shitting myself at the moment... Not so much about the birth process - for 2 reasons. a) I just have to be there and provide support etc - not endure the pain myself and b) we have good doctors, midwives etc so I'm pretty sure they all know what they are doing so all should be OK.

I'm just shitting myself about what happens after.. like there'll be this baby that's ours, that we wont be able to hand back to someone.. All my mates who already have kids tell me that this is normal and once it arrives all will be OK but still it's all a bit of an unknown...

Anyhow.. The whole pregnancy thing has been a walk in the park - we've been lucky - no morning sickness, no odd cravings (haven't had to go out to a shop at 2am for pickles & ice cream or anything!) I think we've got everything ready and I've got a month and a bit off work to get used to this and also to try and adapt to the next phase of my life...

Wish me luck!

You'll be fine! Every single first-time daddy is in the same position as you. It's scary, but you'll get through it and quickly realize that you wouldn't want anything else.

But kiss a full night's sleep goodbye for a year or so! Sad but true, but you get used to it.