Random Thoughts....

So I'm going to Denver for two weeks with my family for vacation, and I want to visit my friend in Phoenix while I'm out there. I'm thinking of buying a ratty old Japanese motorcycle and riding all the way out there, 14 hours by highway or 2+ days the way I plan to do it.

Irrational? Maybe. Should I be concerned that this is the only logical form of transportation that springs to my mind?

Forget about it, you'll never find your way out of that airport in two weeks.

blargh... why did I upgrade to grub 2.0.... now I can't boot into xp ... hmmm lets see if reinstalling grub 2 will help.... fuck if I know what all the menus ment... well atleast I could boot into win7.

Edit:
Hmm seems like I for some reason or other can't mount the win xp disk in ubuntu... hence the grub installer doesn't see it...

Last edited:
I finally got Borderlands. I'm crap at this game solo. And I've also managed to hurt my neck today, and I didn't even do anything. o_O

I think that's the only game I prefer playing with other people. Partly because it's so fun with other people, and partly because higher levels can get ridculously hard with just two people.

but it sorta was... I was gonna have to edit in my new windows 7 partition by hand and thought "fuck it" I'll just upgrade to 2.0 .... and I took all the precautions ... but grub 2 worked better when it was "in line" booting from 0.97 than when it got to boot by itself *mutters* well I can still enter xp by that crappy editing line thing.... I think....

Irrational? Maybe. Should I be concerned that this is the only logical form of transportation that springs to my mind?

Are you sure you want to take a ratty motorcycle halfway across the US? The turn pikes from Pennsylvania to Indiana have amenities, but IIRC they are spaced 30 mile or more apart. and once you get past Illinois, there is just mile after mile after MILE of nothing. NOTHING!! If you can make it through Nebraska, driving the speed limit and not freaking out just a bit you deserve a gold medal. Nebraska was the one and only state I have ever witnessed my father drive over the speed limit.

I can see the romance in doing so; I myself would really like to travel the US in an unconventional way. But I would take a more reliable vehicle. One that you know will get you to where you need to be.

If you do happen to go past Aurora, let me know. I can probably arrange with the wife to have you stay for the night, if needed. Or wanted.

James May did right a column in the Torygraph a while ago explaining that if you're moving stuff about your united states, a big barge like that is the best thing.

(I would link to it, but my dial-up doesn't like the idea)
Haha, I think I saw that article...and he's right!

Off to go see AC/DC. Should be awesome.

You're just getting :wheelchair: :p

:lol: She was actually older than me (apparently), but she seemed so distracted and unfocused. I was like "do you need more info...". She'd just give this dazed and confused smile.

The first receptionist at my dentist's was older than the current one but much more sensible and pleasant to work with.

Also I just got my wisdom teeth out and it sucks because I wanted to eat warm noodles and soup and shit to alleviate this cold I'm also having but now I can't. Awesome.

Last edited:
Mmmm. Moofin.

RAGWEED!!! I hate you!!!

Allergies are starting to destroy me... I had to resort to the neti port this evening, I hope it helps.

Honestly, my sinuses have been making me feel like my eyes and brain are going to pop out of their sockets/my skull, and my nose, and top of the mouth are just irritating... UGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Off to go see AC/DC. Should be awesome.

YOU LUCKY SON OF A BITCH!!!

Allergies are starting to destroy me... I had to resort to the neti port this evening, I hope it helps.

Honestly, my sinuses have been making me feel like my eyes and brain are going to pop out of their sockets/my skull, and my nose, and top of the mouth are just irritating... UGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I've been on the edge of dying for the past two days. I suddenly started breathing hard. No matter how much air I took in, I had the feeling there was no oxygen and I had to breathe again. I honestly thought I was going to stop breathing altogether. I had to borrow an inhaler from a friend of mine. I've never had to use one before.
I went to the doctor today. He said it's not necessarily asthma, probably just allergies. He gave me an inhaler, just in case I feel like that again. I used it several times today.
Mother-f-ing trees with their pollen!!!

A few hours ago, I walked to my car, which I hadn't driven for 3 days, and suddenly my hard breathing made sense. The Volvo was completely covered in nasty tree sperm!!!

Summer can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
I'm happy I don't have any real problems with allergies.

My biggest gripe with ragweed is the cross pollination... that stupid plants ruins honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, bananas and strawberries.:shakefist:

I've been on the edge of dying for the past two days. I suddenly started breathing hard. No matter how much air I took in, I had the feeling there was no oxygen and I had to breathe again. I honestly thought I was going to stop breathing altogether. I had to borrow an inhaler from a friend of mine. I've never had to use one before.

This exact same thing happens to me, but only when I'm lying down. The neti pot sorts out my eyes and nose, but does nothing for the breathing. It's horrible, but I look at the bright side. At least I'll die in my sleep and it will be painless. I'll just stop breathing and job done.

Bleh

I don't have many allergy issues, but I do get post-viral asthma, which is where after a cold/flu I get the sort of horrible unable to breathe symptoms you described. I have an inhaler for it as well. My doctor told me swimming also helps a lot, which is good (when I can get motivated to swim again)

The amount of kids in my school who think that Tax day=sales tax free weekend holiday is staggering. There was no tax free weekend last year and I very much doubt there will be one this year, how hard is it for people to take in their surroundings, I really feel like I'm the only one who does that around here. It's as if people aren't aware of the world around them, no one is noticing changing environments around them. In one of my classes, somebody transferred into it from another class and there was the usual "This is... They transferred into the class and will be with us for the rest of the year," two weeks later the person sitting next to me asked who that person was and if they were always in our class. How hard, really, is it to observe your surroundings?

Also, annoying is people asking "who cares" about something that they most likely find boring. For example, in history we were quickly going over the building of the Panama Canal and the teacher put in a documentary about it from the History Channel. Of course several people go to the who cares output, many people do care because it is an engineering marvel that triumphed through so many obstacles. Also kids wondering why we're learning about history as, according to them, it doesn't affect us. This infuriates me because it has everything to do with us, it has everything to do with human nature and the age old question of "Why are we here," and "Who are we," just because you're bored with it doesn't mean everyone else is, I love it personally! As well as some kids asking why they did things back then instead of lounge around, like last year learning about the Oregon Trail someone asked why they moved around and what was wrong with where they were, obviously didn't understand the idea of Manifest Destiny and that back then inane things like texting and facebook wasn't invented. GRR!
/rant

Are you sure you want to take a ratty motorcycle halfway across the US? The turn pikes from Pennsylvania to Indiana have amenities, but IIRC they are spaced 30 mile or more apart. and once you get past Illinois, there is just mile after mile after MILE of nothing. NOTHING!! If you can make it through Nebraska, driving the speed limit and not freaking out just a bit you deserve a gold medal. Nebraska was the one and only state I have ever witnessed my father drive over the speed limit.

I can see the romance in doing so; I myself would really like to travel the US in an unconventional way. But I would take a more reliable vehicle. One that you know will get you to where you need to be.

If you do happen to go past Aurora, let me know. I can probably arrange with the wife to have you stay for the night, if needed. Or wanted.

No no, you misunderstand me. On this trip I mean to go from Denver to Phoenix; the cross-country trip I'm planning to California will be for another year or so. And I will certainly be making a stop in Illinois to visit my former hometown, as well as Chicago and points in between. ;)

Forget about it, you'll never find your way out of that airport in two weeks.

Not if the Illuminati have anything to do with it!