Random Thoughts....

Hey guys, remember Jack Thompson? I wonder what he's been up to now that he's been disbarred. Turns out he's 10 trillion times crazier than I ever imagined. He's the Fred Phelps of (former) lawyers.

Friend of mine dared me to down a "Double Down."

kfc-double-down-sandwich1.jpg

Verdict: Could have been actually tasty, but it's too bad they made something THIS unhealthy this bad!

I mean...how can you fuck up fried chicken, bacon, cheese and "sauce"?

I'll tell you how.

The sauce had no flavor.
The bacon had no smokey flayor...just salty.
The cheese didn't get properly melty. Just got sweaty, and it stuck out everywhere.

But the worst part was the chicken. For this to work, you'd have to have a hearty breading/coating with some crunch. The cleating/breading was too sparse. There were bare spots. The chicken itself was juicy (too juicy for sandwich "bun" duty and had decent flavor, but it was too thick. Normally thick isn't an issue but when it's in sandwich form, it is just too thick. Put two of them together and it makes it a really large, dense bite.

Put them all together, and it's even less than the sum of it's sub-par parts.

And now I've got a sodium overdose headache, a stomach ache and I'm sure, later, I'll be in the bathroom longer than usual.

Last edited:
As far as fast food fried chicken goes, it's not the best, but sometimes it's "just right" kinda like Kraft macaroni and cheese, or Oscar Meyer hot dogs. :p

The Double Down sandwich is the first fast-food item solely invented for the amusement of bloggers.

So I saw a dead body today, big fun I know. Apparently some guy gets out of taxi at a hospital not far from where I am and starts shooting employees standing outside(3 in total 1 dead). Then turns the gun on himself and blows his brains out. I heard the shots and decided it might be wise to get the fuck outta dodge. The one road out of the complex takes me past the front of the hospital where I see several people on the ground, people standing all around them, and one dude left alone laying face down in a pool of blood..I'm guessing he was the shooter. What a wonderful world.

As far as fast food fried chicken goes, it's not the best, but sometimes it's "just right" kinda like Kraft macaroni and cheese, or Oscar Meyer hot dogs. :p

Maybe that's why I think it sucks. When I moved to the area I'm in now (about 10 years ago) there are local family run chicken joints. Best fried chicken I've ever had...

Oh yeah, local diner fried chicken can rock quite hard. The more the place decorates for the local high school's homecomming, the better their fried chicken will be. Another indicator is the level of cardboard cut-out holiday decorations they have hanging from their dusty ceiling fans. (green-foil clovers, red foil cupids, orange foil pumpkins, etc.)

So I saw a dead body today, big fun I know. Apparently some guy gets out of taxi at a hospital not far from where I am and starts shooting employees standing outside(3 in total 1 dead). Then turns the gun on himself and blows his brains out. I heard the shots and decided it might be wise to get the fuck outta dodge. The one road out of the complex takes me past the front of the hospital where I see several people on the ground, people standing all around them, and one dude left alone laying face down in a pool of blood..I'm guessing he was the shooter. What a wonderful world.

Knoxville, Tennessee hospital shooting leaves 1 dead, 2 injured

You were there? Damn, I'm sorry you had to see that. :sleep:

Whoever mixed In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was playing around with the left-right slider a little bit too much.

Might be caused by the LSD. I LOVE In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida for the sole reason of it's ridiculousness. Anja Caspari, who is hosting a critically acclaimed rock radio show aptly named "Radio Affair" in a phone sex voice brilliantely inappropriate for a nerdy 9pm rock music show once had the nerves to play it as the show opener while i was driving home from work. I had a blast in my rented truck.

But, on to coutry music: I can't imagine no one has mentioned Hank III. For me, Straight to Hell is the best country album of the Noughties, even better than anything Cash and Rubin came up with.

I may have passed the actual tailors/clothes/rugs/whatever else they sell in there place that TG filmed for their Vietnam trip to the tailors. The yellow building with the stairs out the front and open space. I will go in there tomorow. For now, chilling in Hoi An.

Why is there always that one maths problem I can't quite figure out?

Anyways,

scan0003 copy.jpg

I only need 'b' done. If it helps I've figured out that the,
Volume of the Cube = 37.8cm^3
Volume of Pyramid = 6.9cm^3
Total Volume = 44.7m^3

Although, I may be catastrophically wrong.

I also know the answer is aprox. 1.2 meters but that's just because the answers are at the back of the book. :lol:
Please provide working.

Attachments

• scan0001 (2).jpg
    scan0001 (2).jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
^I haven't been to KFC in the last 10 years and had anything worth eating. I don't think I've been to one for at least 3 years.

Last time I went to KFC was in Thailand, and everyone except me, ended up with food poisoning.

Time to eat.

edit: oh, cool, I'm here with two not-a-dudes :cool:

edit2: and now you guys ruined it :mad:

Last edited:
View attachment 3464

I only need 'b' done. If it helps I've figured out that the,
Volume of the Cube = 37.8cm^3
Volume of Pyramid = 6.9cm^3
Total Volume = 44.7m^3
Assuming your results are correct (apart from your using cm? instead of m?): One quarter of 44.7 m? is gone, that leaves 33.something m?. From that 6.9 m? are stored in the pyramid, that leaves 26.something in the cube. Now you need to resolve 3 m ? 3 m ? x = 26.something m? to get the height of the rest of the wheat in the cube. Take the result off the 4.2 m overall cube height, and you're done.

Its pretty simple LeMans Gtr: You know the total volume is 44.7 m^3, so a quarter of that is 11.175M^3. You know the volume of the rectangular prism is more then 11.175m^3 so you know that when a quarter is emptied, the pyramid is still full which makes the calculation easy.

the volume of a rectangular prism is width*breadth*height. We know the width, breadth and volume, and we want to find the height so it becomes simple algebra:
w*b*h=v
3*3*h=11.175
9h=11.175
h=11.175/9
h=1.2416m (3dp)