Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly it loads fine now that I am at home on crappy Charter. I don't have adblock at work so :p right back to you.

:p

Whatever, I'm probably being overly paranoid, and there isn't actually anything stopping me from getting adblock (as long as it doesn't mess with any of my work sites).

I just use the opera site blocking capability. It's not as good as ad block though.

Well I disabled signatures. It was getting ridiculous how often it would hang at random stuff like skypestatus or bcb2.net.... there's something wrong with the connection here at work, it's fine at home. Forgive me for being terrible at diagnosing network issues.

That's why the forum has that option.

I'm getting the following error when I hit "mark forums read" from "What's new".

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Clearing cookies hasn't fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Ooops.

XP//Firefox 3.6.3

I'm now at home and still receiving the error. Mac OS X 10.6.3/Safari 4.05

I checked Chrome and FF 3.6, both under Ubuntu 10.04, with no troubles. Try logging out and back in again.

Same error. I'm thinking it is a user account issue.

I'm getting the following error when I hit "mark forums read" from "What's new".

It's a vBSEO issue that happens from time to time and I'm not sure why. Fixed.

Works! Thanks.

The forum time is wrong. It's slow by a couple minutes. Sync the clock to the real time please.

Really?

This post was made at 52 minutes past the hour.

EDIT: yup, 2 minutes late.

Yeah, ntp hadn't been installed on the new forum server, I've fixed that, and it should adjust itself gradually.

Suggestion, though I don't know how hard it would be or if it has even been addressed before, but this website needs an iPhone fourm skin so it can be easily read/used on the iPhone/iPad.

It used to have one and I believe it's currently in the works.

I can browse the site surprisingly well on my Droid phone though, text boxes are resized to fit the screen at least. It is a bit sluggish.

EDIT: iPad has a 1024 x 768 10" screen, just zoom in a bit in the browser :p

We have no plans to implement such a skin. It's WAAAAY too much work.

Use the normal skin or install Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.