The Bucket List Thread

In that case I think you have the wrong interpretation. I always read it as the other way around ie get rich, not laid if you will.

Because if you don't get rich, then when you get married you'll be neither rich OR laid and trust me I know! ;)

In that case I think you have the wrong interpretation. I always read it as the other way around ie get rich, not laid if you will.

Because if you don't get rich, then when you get married you'll be neither rich OR laid and trust me I know! ;)

Interesting analysis. I always went with Money----->Bitches. Also dont bring the M word into this conversation, that is not on this young mans mind for a long time.

Also to placate the females. I assume none of them are golddiggers who would be swayed by a fat wallet, so therefore they arent bitches. You only catch bitch fish when money is your bait.

Last edited:
My bucket list-

Watch the Dragons win an NRL Grand Final
Touch snow
Visit the Daintree Rainforest in Queensland
Swim on the Great Barrier Reef
See HMS Victory in Portsmouth, England
Have a white Christmas
Visit the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria
Travel through the temperate rainforests in western Tasmania
Drive a convertible sports car

I've left out the NSFW ones.

Visit Australia.
Visit Brazil.
Visit Cuba.
Visit the USA.
See the Monaco GP live.
Drive on the Nurburgring. (maybe next year for this one)
See a UFC event live.
Go to a LeMons event and watch Final Gear Racing.

Drive a Bentley 3 Litre - Unlikely
Drive an Austin 7, preferably a 1920s tourer - Possible
Own a pre 1980s car - Likely
Own a pre 1950s car - Unlikely
Tour the USA - Possible
Tour Europe - More possible
Visit Japan - Unlikely
Learn to ride a Motorcycle - Possible
Have a long term relationship - Unlikely
Become proficient at guitar - Possible
Purchase my ideal house - Unlikely

Hmmmm, I'm struggling to think. Those things all seem a bit petty really... :(

That Nurburgring one is a good idea. I may have to add that to mine as well.

I was thinking of going to Canada one year for Christmas. Christmas in Australia is strangely contradictory. We eat seafood and salads in blinding heat, but we also still eat the heavy, hot traditional foods and have fake snow sprayed on our windows and trees. We've never really reconciled the winter traditions with the summer reality. Just once I'd like to actually celebrate Christmas in winter and I think a nice hotel in the snow of the Canadian Rockies might do the trick.

Visit Australia.
Visit Brazil.
Visit Cuba.
Visit the USA.
See the Monaco GP live.
Drive on the Nurburgring. (maybe next year for this one)
See a UFC event live.
Go to a LeMons event and watch Final Gear Racing.

If you come to the southern part, let me know! :)

That Nurburgring one is a good idea. I may have to add that to mine as well.

I was thinking of going to Canada one year for Christmas. Christmas in Australia is strangely contradictory. We eat seafood and salads in blinding heat, but we also still eat the heavy, hot traditional foods and have fake snow sprayed on our windows and trees. We've never really reconciled the winter traditions with the summer reality. Just once I'd like to actually celebrate Christmas in winter and I think a nice hotel in the snow of the Canadian Rockies might do the trick.

I feel the same way, but we don?t even have the lighter food. It?s ham, turkey etc in 40?C heat with people in shopping malls wearing Santa suits and fake snow and reindeers everywhere.

Last edited:
Yep, thats what its like here. :lol:

We still eat ham, chicken, turkey, plum pudding, trifle, mince pies and all that traditional stuff here as well, but it wouldn't be an Australian Christmas if there wasn't also a mountain of prawns to work through.

If you come to the southern part, let me know! :)

Thanks I really want to see Curitiba, Rio De Janeiro and Fortelaza. Those would be my main destinations.

Last edited:
Visit Germany
Drive on unrestricted Autobahn.
Race on the Nurburgring
Drive 130MPH
Tour the US making a perimeter drive around the country.

That's all I can think of...

Yep, thats what its like here. :lol:

We still eat ham, chicken, turkey, plum pudding, trifle, mince pies and all that traditional stuff here as well, but it wouldn't be an Australian Christmas if there wasn't also a mountain of prawns to work through.

:drool:

I would like that.

Thanks I really want to see Curitiba, Rio De Janeiro and Fortelaza. Those would be my main destinations.

Ah, nice. Curitiba is in the south but not south enough. :lol:

And don?t be mad, but it?s spelled Fortaleza (Fortress), you just switched them around. :)

Well now I feel really boring. I can't come up with anything near as exciting or numerous as you guys.

- learn to drive and race
- own a sportscar (the specific one depends on my wealth)
- own a house (maybe. not sure if I want the maintenance that comes with it.) Alternatively, a fancy, modern apartment in a highrise.

aaand that's about it. I'd be completely happy if I did/had those things. I have low standards. :p

Visit Japan.
Set foot on the moon. (Hey, I can dream.)
Grow my own vegetables. As in, enough to feed myself.
Make someone's life better.
Live to see my 40th birthday.

CBA to come up with a proper post, so here's a list of places I'd like to visit:

Jordan, Siberia, California, Japan, Oman, Best Korea, Bhutan, Papua New Guinea, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Chile, Iceland, Namibia, Harbin in winter, democratic Libya, Iran just so I can actually be in Shit.

Last edited:
Necroing this thread to update my bucket list.

Visit Japan
See that Gundam statue
Max a really powerful car on a German autobahn
See a World Heavyweight Championship fight live
Get married
Have kids (unlike some of you miserable bastards, I want kids in my life some day) :p
Drive a tank

Bucket list... Let's see if I can come up with 10
In no particular order:

Go to space (at least on a sub-orbital flight)
Get a pilot's license
See Japan
See the UK
Go to a rally school
Buy a Subaru
Get married, have kids
See man land on Mars
Get my picture taken with one of my favorite actors (doesn't matter which one, but I would prefer Nathan Fillion! ;) )
See my grandkids

Should be going to Japan next year so that'll be one off the list.

Hooray for thread revivial!

So who had Thread Necromancy on their bucket list?