Beijing 2010: BMW surprises with Concept Gran Coup? (4-door coupe)

Personally and this is only my opinion. I see nothing special in that.
It looks good but just because it "looks good for a BMW"... yeah it doesn't make me drool over it. Sorry. But hey better this than the shitty coupe SUVs they've been puking out, right.
They can still ruin it though. It all depends on the price now. This is a serious S-class competitor I think.

Last edited:
BMW was my favorite automobile company. Then came the Bangle era. I loathed BMW for straying away from elegant and conservative sporty styling. I'm beginning to love their designs again (2 door 3 series coupes, new Z4, new 5-series, and this concept are beautiful) minus the back end of the new 7 series. There interior designs are serious lacking. They should go back to the pre-Bangle designs or take some serious lessons from Audi when it comes to interior designs (exterior designs in some cases too). While beauty is subjective, I believe Audi has the best of the European designs currently.

While beauty is subjective, I believe Audi has the best of the European designs currently.

4ka99y.jpg

Audi has jumped the shark recently. I mean, nuked the fridge.

4ka99y.jpg

Audi has jumped the shark recently. I mean, nuked the fridge.

Personally, I do like Audi's headlight housing design with the LED's. However, that picture you've posted does seem odd. What model is that from?

Personally, I do like Audi's headlight housing design with the LED's. However, that picture you've posted does seem odd. What model is that from?

That's the new A8, bro :/

That's the new A8, bro :/

Yes, it does seem odd. I just read your signature on fapping. Well said sir, well said.

Audi jumped the shark not only with the A8's headlights, but also with the A1's mismatched arches reminiscent of a Saturn Ion:

Audi-A1_2011_photo_06.jpg

Seriously want that. More Jag-like than the new XJ, that's for sure.

Now that is more like it. This almost makes up for the 5 series Gran Turismo. I think this is what the 5GT should always have been.

That looks good.
The nose looks quite massive maybe there's a V12 hidden under it.
The rear brake light looks like it's from a W204 estate. :D

Hang on...a beautiful BMW...
I see one every day. :p

Why can't this just be the new 5?

They really need to stop calling things what they aren't. A coupe is 2 doors. A shooting brake is 2 doors. Not 4 like that new Merc. Ok..it has a sloped roof. BFD.

I do like the look of this though.

This new BMW looks amazing! It seems like it can go into production very soon. Do want, definitely.

Bangle leaves, BMW design improves. FACT!

FACT indeed. I shudder to think what the X6 would be like if Bangle designed it.

[...] BMW needs to keep doing low cars instead of tall ones.
I think they will keep doing everything ... cover every niche ... and if there aren?t any niches left, create new ones.

I too like the design of that a lot (apart from the vertical "nose" - that?s just wrong), but I can?t help to think that insead of having their interesting cars be the Z4, the X6 and this ... they should concentrate on having a decent looking 3, 5 and 7 series. And that?s where they are going wrong. Designwise, I feel like they are neglecting their core-buisness for the sake of some new niche-cars.