what a harley looks like after spending 50 years under ground...

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
50 years ago, a guy had a harley, but didn't drove it anymore, and it was in his way.
best solution? dig a hole, dump it, and close the hole.

now his grandson recovered the bike...
editiepajot_liedekerke_harley_foto_02_willy_appelmans.JPG

editiepajot_liedekerke_harley_foto_03_willy_appelmans.JPG

editiuepajot_liedekerke_harley_foto_05_willy_appelmans.JPG

editiepajot_liedekerke_harley_foto_07_willy_appelamans.JPG

editiepajot_liedekerke_foto_09_willy_appelmans.JPG

editiepajot_liedekerke_foto_10_willy_appelmans.JPG

editiepajot_liedekerke_harley_foto_01_willy_appelmans.jpg

That'll buff out!

You can almost hear the collective gasps of all Harley owners seeing one of their beloved bikes without a single piece of shiny chrome on it. I think it might even be enough to kill some of them.

I think more Harley owners should do that. The world would be a better place.

I bet the wheel is bent too.

What they didn't mention was that the grandson had a Honda CBR1000RR that he was burying because it was in his way. He just happened to dig where his grandfather buried the Harley.

Ok, so now that he dug it up what will he do with it? I'm going to guess he'll sit it outside where it will continue to rust away. There's really nothing else to do, unless it's some really rare or valuable bike, the cost to restore it will be astronomical, and in the end you'll end up with essentially a new bike made from repro or salvaged parts from other bikes and one or two bits off this one that haven't deteriorated beyond use. Yes it was his grand-dad's bike, but clearly grand-dad didn't care for it all that much.

Ok, so now that he dug it up what will he do with it? I'm going to guess he'll sit it outside where it will continue to rust away. There's really nothing else to do, unless it's some really rare or valuable bike, the cost to restore it will be astronomical, and in the end you'll end up with essentially a new bike made from repro or salvaged parts from other bikes and one or two bits off this one that haven't deteriorated beyond use. Yes it was his grand-dad's bike, but clearly grand-dad didn't care for it all that much.

Let it sit there and admire the years you can see on the vintage beauty of course. Stop being such a neat freak. :p

Why do I get the feeling that it was stolen? :lol:

If the person who excavated this is in the construction trade, and was excavated by the request of someone who perhaps has neural muscular disorder, the world may explode.

After what happened with the Tulsa Plymouth I doubt anyone was expecting something magnificent.

That said Tulsa didn't fare much better and they were actually trying.

(yes I did post this in the wrong thread earlier)

What happened to the engine? Did it turn into a solid block of rust?
Weird whiteish colour.