Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Halo = Ghey.

Driving them home from school my eldest asked me what Lady Gaga's real name is.

Apparently Geoffrey wasn't the answer she was looking for, and I wasn't going to start explaining trans-sexuals to a 9 year old!

Just heard of the new map-pack for Modern Warfare 2. 15 euros for 5 maps is insanely expensive. This is what happens when you shut down all community created content. I've got nothing against the game, even if I can't run it, it was impossible not to hear about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Out_of_the_Unknown_episodes

I want episodes 213 and 302. And neither of them exist?!?! How does the BBC loose this kind of stuff.

Also I know a bunch of the original Dr. Who episodes are lost forever.
God how I'd love to get access to the BBC's huge archives. I'm sure there are original tapes hidden deep deep down there that haven't seen the light of day in decades. Interesting TV Show pilots that have never been aired, etc.

Last edited:
Ready, Summer 2012? Here Comes Batman 3!

Today 1:27 PM PDT by Gina Serpe
The Dark Knight, Christian Bale Warner Bros. Pictures

Same bat channel, new bat time.

Warner Bros. isn't about to let little detals like no title, no production start date and no locked-down plot stop it from setting up a tentpole, as the studio today announced a July 20, 2012, release date for the third installment of the rebooted Batman franchise.

Christian Bale will be back in the cowl under the direction of Christopher Nolan.

With the release date now set, Nolan is currently hashing out a story for the Dark Knight followup, which already faces some steep competition. Also headed to the big screen in 2012: The Avengers (May 4), Battleship (May 25), Star Trek 2 (June 29), and what will likely be the Bat's biggest competition: the Spider-Man reboot's reboot (July 3).

Comic geeks, get ready.

Source

I was hoping for it to come in 2011 (since the "Begins" came out in 2005 and "The Dark Knight" came out in 2008...), but still, can't wait! :D

Last edited:
iRacing released the Ford Falcon V8 Super car this week. Well I just bought a new subscription for 3 months, and wow it's a beast. Very very wild! :D

Can someone help me? I couldn't find anything about this on the net so here it goes: What's the original format release of Scarface? I've got a DVD release which is 4:3 and I've heard that some releases are widescreen. So which has been cut?

Can someone help me? I couldn't find anything about this on the net so here it goes: What's the original format release of Scarface? I've got a DVD release which is 4:3 and I've heard that some releases are widescreen. So which has been cut?

WHUT!? i'll go get my dvd to have a look what that is...

i had a look at IMDB just now:
IMDB said:
Aspect Ratio: 2.35 : 1
that is pretty widescreen imo :p [source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/ ]
(and i do think they list the original format there... or i hope...)

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought I got a cropped version. It was from a newspaper, I think, and you've also got to consider the fact that all Romanian TV stations are still running on 4:3 PAL. It will be a long time until a significant amount of people get proper widescreen TVs instead of CRTs, which don't die easily.

GOOOOOAAL

Got a simplistic helicopter game with some cereals. On the start scree it says "Inspired by Microsoft Flight Simulator X". :lol:

It is cheesey, but worth a watch.