Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Haven't heard back from the fire department yet, they usually take a while (government run things in America always is slow). I did however hear from the ambulance company. They said I did well in my interview and I passed their written test and they will be calling me sometime within the next month or so when the next position opens up.

In this career field you get to play the waiting game a lot. I'm used to it now.

On a sidenote, NSW ambulance service is looking pretty nice. If things are still rough here I am considering applying for their international paramedic transfer program.

If you are considering a move to Australia most medical type jobs are in demand (really easy to get a visa), if you're willing to work in regional areas you can generally earn very good money.

Don't forget us other states :D

The first advert designed by yours truly, in the new job, has been printed in a paper. My boss called me and told me it looked very good indeed. :cool:

Gonna scan the paper when I get to the office after the weekend. It's small potatoes, but it's a start. The ad was published in three regional papers, one of which is Swedish, so I had to do two language versions.

If you are considering a move to Australia most medical type jobs are in demand (really easy to get a visa), if you're willing to work in regional areas you can generally earn very good money.

Don't forget us other states :D

My girlfriend is from Sydney and moved here just a few years ago..her family is still back there so that's why I've kind of decided on NSW. Thanks for the tip on the the job market. Maybe I will write a letter to them with some more detailed questions than they had in the pamphlet.

hrg9ch.jpg

2lnuyyc.jpg

"I am at the office/I'm at the loft apartment/I'm at the combination office and the loft apartment"

So yeah, the office is downstairs and the upstairs is all mine.

So, no excuses that you were late due to an accident on the way to the office :grin:

I said late, not early...

My girlfriend is from Sydney and moved here just a few years ago..her family is still back there so that's why I've kind of decided on NSW. Thanks for the tip on the the job market. Maybe I will write a letter to them with some more detailed questions than they had in the pamphlet.

I assume you've checked out

http://www.immi.gov.au/

Which should answer most questions, be wary of immigration agents etc as there are quite a few shonky operators around

Gonna scan the paper when I get to the office after the weekend. It's small potatoes, but it's a start. The ad was published in three regional papers, one of which is Swedish, so I had to do two language versions.

4uggw7.jpg

Here we go. It's a cell phone pic, but the ads are all there.

Now you should change your avatar to something like this.

mad-men-silouhette.jpg

Just got a co-op position in the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency). If I perform reasonably well, I'll be pretty much guaranteed a government job after I graduate :D

The school's secretary emailed me today and confirmed that everything seems to be in order; I'm graduating on June 3rd. It feels unreal.

I dont know if this belongs here, but i'll post it anyways: I've just passed my drivers licence test :D

Congrats :D

Reactions: h-p
It took about 3 and a half weeks to get the results, since the tests were corrected in the UK and there's been a lot of strikes in that area from what I gather, but anyway... better late than never; I've been told that I'm eligible for Mensa membership, will go for it once I finish my exam session later this month. :)