Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The US Treasury is auctioning off some sweet rides. Among them is a Lambo Murcielago LP670-4 SV. In white.

http://www.treas.gov/auctions/treasury/gp/luxAuction.shtml

I bet it'd go for relatively cheap. Anyone up for yet another FG pool?

Edit: was just looking at past auction results. Found a 1995 Volvo 850 T5-R that sold for $450 in January. Don't know anything else about it (mileage, condition, etc..) but that price made me cringe.

Last edited:
I'll take the Warren from that treasury auction. Ta.

I'm guessing they were ceased from coke dealers or something?

500x_the_folden.jpg

One question: Why?

Last edited:

500x_the_folden.jpg

What's worse is they didn't just add two doors and do some minor reshaping, they chopped off the entire car from the top of the doors up and restyled from the front fenders back. Yuck.

500x_the_folden.jpg

another question : WHAT?

So is the entire backend of this thing made of fibreglass or what? am I missing something? where's that backend from? :?

What's worse is they didn't just add two doors and do some minor reshaping, they chopped off the entire car from the top of the doors up and restyled from the front fenders back. Yuck.

Whoever did that should put be thrown in jail!

... oh wait.

Nevermind then !:D

another question : WHAT?

So is the entire backend of this thing made of fibreglass or what? am I missing something? where's that backend from? :?

14-HQ-2.jpg

It could've been a lot worse.

Years ago in Bulgaria, there used to be a Mk1 Ford Capri (restyled with the rectangle headlamps) that was...erm..."converted" to be a GT 500 Eleanor replica. The owner had painted it gray, with black stripes and had found some mustang badges.
What was even sadder - it had the 1.6 engine.

Interestingly enough, he managed to fool a lot of people. I was always really frustrated and trying to explain that it's just a freaking Capri!

Well, if I had a tastefully cosmetically and mechanically enhanced Capri Mk1 3000 GXL, in Eleanor grey and with those wheels, it would be sick awesone.

Its a Mustang front and Ford engine grafted into the poor HQ.

Apparently a New Zealand radio station host was sick of hearing the Ford VS Holden debate, so he decided to fabricate this to "bridge the gap" between the 2. Its going to be auctioned off soon, and apparently 60K+ was spent on it.

Personally, I think he's probably pissed off both camps rather than "unite" them.

E-type convertable for 12k $? That?s either the best buy of the century, or a bucket full of bolts in E-Type shape ... I?d bet my money on bucket ...

82-this-iz-mah-bucket.jpg

I suspect as much, too...

...but even a bucket-o-bolts E that's just parts value only is still nominally worth $28-30K.

[...]...but even a bucket-o-bolts E that's just parts value only is still nominally worth $28-30K.
Over here, the bad ones are a little less. Converted to dollar, you can get a bad running one here for 20-25k $, one for parts for 15. So that?s sort of in the "for parts" spectrum.
If it?s not that far from where you live and you can spare the time ... I guess a look won?t hurt, would it?