2010 Catalunya Spanish Grand Prix

Weather update: Friday cloudy, Saturday rain, Sunday rain.

I'm just afraid of rain that's too heavy... and consistent. Then it's not fun anymore.

I'm kinda suprised that it's raining in spain at this time of year, comming up to summer, you'd think there would be unbearable heat, especially in southern Spain.

Related to the rain. Is the Catalunya track located on a plain by any chance?

Last edited:
I'm kinda suprised that it's raining in spain at this time of year, comming up to summer, you'd think there would be unbearable heat, especially in southern Spain.

didn't watch the news?

the promenade des anglais in nice looks like this atm
909606_18492-france-nice-weather-8.jpg

all preparations for the film festival of cannes which start at 12/05, blew away, and the airport of perpignan is closed due to snow...

sourthern europe is suffering right now...

Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona is in northern Spain. Jerez, where the Spanish GP used to be before is in southern Spain. It's still usually hot there at this time of the year though, but there has been a lot of bad weather around the northern Mediterranean sea...

I actually hope it doesnt rain. Barcelona is usually the race where the order is established and provides a good insight into how each team stands and what we can expect for the rest of the year.

Can't wait for another race that's influenced by gambling on tyre choice *rolls eyes*

I like a little rain to test the drivers' skill, but when it stop-starts like the last couple and you're getting results based on guessing what tyres are right it's kind of lame (and don't tell me it's any more than guessing; no one can predict the exact weather at a point in time above an exact location).

Can't wait for another race where the one with the biggest balls does best

FTFY

would've said wins, but last race button won, but he doesn't use his balls, he uses his head (boring)

Last edited:
Can't wait for another race that's influenced by gambling on tyre choice *rolls eyes*

I like a little rain to test the drivers' skill, but when it stop-starts like the last couple and you're getting results based on guessing what tyres are right it's kind of lame (and don't tell me it's any more than guessing; no one can predict the exact weather at a point in time above an exact location).
There's no pleasing you, is there? :p

Spanish Grand Prix free practice session one times

1 HAMILTON McLaren 1m21.134s
2 BUTTON McLaren 1m21.672s
3 SCHUMACHER Mercedes 1m21.716s
4 WEBBER Red Bull 1m22.011s
5 VETTEL Red Bull 1m22.026s
6 ROSBERG Mercedes 1m22.070s
7 KUBICA Renault 1m22.202s
8 ALONSO Ferrari 1m22.258s
9 PETROV Renault 1m22.397s
10 KOBAYASHI Sauber 1m22.492s
11 BUEMI Toro Rosso 1m22.588s
12 MASSA Ferrari 1m22.975s
13 DE RESTA Force India 1m23.030s
14 ALGUERSUARI Toro Rosso 1m23.110s
15 LIUZZI Force India 1m23.284s
16 BARRICHELLO Williams 1m23.312s
17 HULKENBERG Williams 1m23.471s
18 KOVALAINEN Lotus 1m25.329s
19 TRULLI Lotus 1m26.244s
20 GLOCK Virgin 1m26.340s
21 DI GRASSI Virgin 1m26.694s
22 KLIEN HRT 1m27.250s
23 SENNA HRT 1m27.752s
24 DE LA ROSA Sauber no time

There's no pleasing you, is there? :p

Is it wrong to want to see a race won on driver skill and quality of car?

I don't mind one or two wet races for a shake up, but we've had far too many in only 4 races this season. As I said, I don't want to see another race decided by luck/gambling.

Last edited:
so you mean if it hadn't rained, the race results would've been totally different?

despite the rain, i still think the best drivers/cars won...

Red Bull looking very strong at the moment. I really hope the McLarens or the Ferraris (preferably the McLarens) can mix it up at the front with them, because these Red Bull one-twos are usually the key ingredient for an exceptionally boring race...

Is there something wrong with Alonso's left hand? During Free Practice Two coverage on SPEED, they noted that Alonso has extra padding on his glove and there is some additional pink padding around the upper part of the cockpit that is not present on Massa's car. They also noted that Alonso was reaching across with his right hand to change the Brake Bias and on long corners he was mostly steering with his right hand. They also showed him...exercising...his left arm in the pits.