Random Thoughts....

So many pens, so little to write :D

Hahaha too true, I barely write anything at all nowadays :(

Anyways, yeah, I've got a black 95, which used to be my dad's but I always used to bum it off him and use it myself, because I liked it so much, so he eventually ended up giving it to me. It's very very elegant, but I'd say it's seen better days, now.

Just about totally moved in to my new apartment today, just have to wait on the parents and their truck to move all my big furniture. Only spending an extra $30 a month for a shitton more space? Sign me up!

I'm at work atm and trying to figure out this background subtraction conundrum for the J-band data we've collected of various brown dwarfs. It's starting to get complicated as the sky background isn't coming out completely right and using simple statistical tactics isn't enough to identify all the stars in a picture. I'll have to do some clever tricks using annuli and measuring overall brightnesses and other things to identify the stars. The problem arises because the atmosphere/background isn't brighter than the brightest stars in the picture but is well under 1 sigma dimmer than the faintest stars. And of course being brown dwarfs, these things aren't exactly shining bright. They are dim.

I wish you could look behind a star, or like ask a star to just move its plasma ass a few thousand parsecs to the left and right.

Actually: It would be much easier if the CCD in the detector wasn't geriatric with overly saturated/dead pixels here and there (read: wrinkles) and with odd sensitivity and response to photons (read: rambling on and on about the war/get off my lawn).

Soon I will be eating microwaveable Mattar Paneer.

Wish me luck.

Never could get behind Paneer, it's just too far away from what i want in food :/

See, lucky you! The nearest Indian joint is far and away, and does not have take out.

FFS, there is this MASSIVE Hindu temple not five miles away from me! You would think that being that are many Indians living in that area that someone would have the bright idea to open a restaurant. But no; the nearest is in pinche Naperville.

/me resists the typical Dune comment

See, lucky you! The nearest Indian joint is far and away, and does not have take out.

FFS, there is this MASSIVE Hindu temple not five miles away from me! You would think that being that are many Indians living in that area that someone would have the bright idea to open a restaurant. But no; the nearest is in pinche Naperville.

Typically massive hindu temples have massive hindu kitchens with awesome hindu food.

I would recommend going there, even if you don't want to pray, just for the food.

So I told my mum how i was talking about pens in ?The forum? as i refer to FG in real life. and she goes like ?If you wanted a parker, why didn't you asked for one??followed by opening a small drawer where she had 3 of the damn things: A silver one, A slightly fatter silver one, and a black one with Golden kanji letters on it.

Guess which one i picked. No,you're wrong, i picked the slim silver one.

*looks at Jay's sig.

I could've sworn your Tiguan was red.

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2010/04/30/Just_as_planned.jpg

:blink: You know, they do! I met the admin there to ask permission to photograph the exterior, and they have quite a large hall and kitchen. :think:

You should go there and befriend people! They won't mind having a non-hindu around, in fact we appreciate it a lot. Usually the nublet/hungry Hindus will do some cursory praying and run straight to the kitchen. So if you went there, visited, talked to people, and sat down and enjoyed the quality vegetarian food, they would love it.

Last edited:
You tell me this NOW? When I used to live next door to one for 2.5 years? Bah.

EDIT: Is the google logo suddenly ever so slightly different? Brighter and... flatter?

Last edited:
The whole site is a bit different. New sidebar. Square buttons. Some other subtle differences I can't quite place.