Weed Smokers

I get lost in time without getting high. Marijuana is psychoactive and classified as a psychedelic. Does that mean you see strange colors? No, unless of course you have a light show of some sort.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

BOTANICAL CLASSIFICATION
Family :Cannabaceae
Genus :Cannabis
Species :sativa; indica; ruderalis
COMMON NAMESMarijuana; Marihuana; Pot; Weed; Grass; Mary Jane; ...EFFECTS CLASSIFICATIONIntoxicant; Stimulant; Psychedelic; DepressantDESCRIPTION
Cannabis, a fast-growing bushy annual with dense sticky flowers, produces the psychoactive THC. It is the most widely used illegal psychoactive and has a long history of medicinal, recreational, and industrial use. The fibrous stalks of the plant are used to produce clothing and rope.

Last edited:
I also know of people who got high to the point of hearing non-existent people talking to them or getting a bit lost in time.

The people that say they hear non-existent voices or see shit when smoking weed are only making such claims to get themselves to be the center of attention. It's similar to the people that act like they can't stand up or talk properly after having three beers. They use the fact that they're high as an excuse to act in a way they wouldn't normally to get people's attention so they feel special.
For example, two weeks ago I was smoking and BSing with with my buddy and his girl on his back porch and his girl kept saying "OMG!! I'm too high to be outside!!!" because we were talking about nerdy shit and she was feeling left out. She wasn't actually so high she couldn't sit in a chair on a porch on a warm night, but she didn't have anything to contribute to the conversation so she said something to make herself the center of attention for a moment before my buddy and I said "nah, you're fine, just chill" and went back to our conversation.

Silly wabbit, you can not 'trip' off of weed. You need doses for that. Unless somebody snowcapped your weed, but then you're still not trippin, you're just high on crack.

Whatever it may be called, it wasn't normal. Does that satisfy your criteria? :p

The people that say they hear non-existent voices or see shit when smoking weed are only making such claims to get themselves to be the center of attention.

I see your point, but that's obviously not the case when said people end up committing themselves to a mental hospital or just get in deep trouble with law enforcement or whatever because they end up in an uncontrolled environment with little clue of what's going on. Such stories are rare, but more or less serious hallucinatory effects are observed, especially when one consumes a large amount of stuff in the form of an edible. There were continuous debates on another forum whether MDMA is a psychedelic or not. It's all just a matter of opinion.

/facepalm

Alcohol is in no way a psychedelic substance, it's a depressant. Yes, it is a psychoactive substance, but so is caffeine and a ton of other substance which have greatly varying effects. When you drink alcohol you become drunk, you do not trip. If you have not had LSD, DMT, Psilocybin, or other real hallucinogenic drugs you have not tripped.

There is a huge difference between drinking a handle of rum and being smashed for the night, smoking a cut of funky nuggets straight to the head and getting really, REALLY high for a few hours, and eating a ten strip and tripping balls for the next two days. All of em will get you fucked up, but in very different ways.

I'm not trying to start a big debate on the appropriate classification for every drug out there, but it's important to know there are significant differences between different drugs. In regards to what you're taking as well as what the people around you are taking. I'd rather get a hug from somebody rolling on molly than punched in the face by somebody raging on PCP or something.

Um... you don't decide what kind of effects a drug has on you, just whether or not to take it. As Paco said, alcohol is a depressant, not a psychedelic. Which, by the way, isn't synonymous with psychoactive.

Let's not mix entirely different classifications here. The fact that alcohol (or whatever substance) is considered a depressant based on the mechanism of its action does not mean that it can not have psychedelic effects on person's nervous system (edit: well I meant the outcome - the changes in perception; the sole fact of influence on CNS merely makes it a psychoactive substance). Ketamine is a NMDA receptor antagonist, while what I suppose you consider "psychedelics" are mostly 5-HT2 (and 5-HT generally) agonists. Would you not call Ketamine a psychedelic?

Once again, I clearly said that I do consider them mild psychedelics based on the effects they have on me. And you can't tell me what is psychedelic for me and what isn't, since it's mostly a matter of perception. I very well know that most people don't get much more than some laughs, munchies, a couch lock, and maybe an occasional enhanced music listening experience from smoking weed. I can see more subtle effects on perception and call them psychedelic in nature. By definition.

Last edited:
I used to smoke weed all the time, and before you claim you know it all, I'd try it a few more times. I remember my first 5 - 6 times being high all being completley different. It wasn't untill after a while that it settled into becoming a "normal" thing.

That being said, different weed with affect you differently and everyone's body dies react slightly differently to the drug.

But alas, I have stopped smoking now. Haven't smoked in over 3 months now. I stopped liking the way it made me feel, I started getting all quesey after the initail high started to fade. Probably for the best anyways.

I read the description for that video a while ago and refuse to watch the video. The only people putting those kids in danger are the pigs busting down the door and shooting up the house to get their rocks off.

If there is a hell it would be too good of a place for those pigs.

Which is why you should watch the video. If we don't understand what kind of hell the SWAT teams put people through, and protest such actions, it will continue.

I've seen too many videos of police brutality already. I agree the masses should be educated to the horrible injustices that cops enact on countless, innocent people all over the world, but I'd rather see videos of people fighting back against the pigs.

the cops use stuff like that to justify what they do. So it turns nto a never ending cycle. I agree that something needs to be done, but a drunk throwing a drum at a cop is not an answer to the problem.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/05/11/a-drug-raid-goes-viral/

This is in reference to the video I posted before^^^.

Last week, a Columbia, Missouri, drug raid captured on video went viral. As of this morning, the video had garnered 950,000 views on YouTube. It has lit up message boards, blogs, and discussion groups around the Web, unleashing anger, resentment and even, regrettably, calls for violence against the police officers who conducted the raid. I've been writing about and researching these raids for about five years, including raids that claimed the lives of innocent children, grandmothers, college students, and bystanders. Innocent families have been terrorized by cops who raided on bad information, or who raided the wrong home due to some careless mistake. There's never been a reaction like this one.

But despite all the anger the raid has inspired, the only thing unusual thing here is that the raid was captured on video, and that the video was subsequently released to the press. Everything else was routine. Save for the outrage coming from Columbia residents themselves, therefore, the mass anger directed at the Columbia Police Department over the last week is misdirected. Raids just like the one captured in the video happen 100-150 times every day in America. Those angered by that video should probably look to their own communities. Odds are pretty good that your local police department is doing the same thing.

EDIT http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle_blog/2010/may/12/the_dog_killing_drug_raid_that_p

Last edited:
Education seems to be one of the very few long-term solutions.

We are a not very advanced species, we're still pretty much barbaric. Our technological advancement has been soaring, while our cultural and spiritual levels have been staying pretty much the same, if not getting worse. But, whenever I think of police brutality or whatever, I end up saying to myself "It was much, much worse just some 300-200 years ago!".

Passing a law that would make it possible to prosecute police for their actions based on negative community feedback would seem to be a reasonable thing to do, but it's a very slippery road. Nevermind that this obviously won't work in black neighbourhoods (yes, I'm "racist" like that, black neighbourhood = crime, try to deny it with some hard evidence), it could push marginal areas into chaos. So, no, then.

Edit: Basically, what I'm trying to say is that trying to solve all this in a bureaucratic manner is a game of cat and mouse, and police will always find a way to protect their men, right or wrong. You just have to look around to see that this "lawsuit society" isn't making much of a progress, turning into a moronic nanny state instead. Violence is not the answer, either, so we'll have to look somewhere else.

Last edited:
Smoking marijuana barely affects driving performance.

Researchers from Hartford Hospital in Connecticut and the University of Iowa had 85 subjects participate in a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial where they were tested on a driving simulator before and 30 minutes after smoking a marijuana cigarette.

The researchers found there were no differences between the performance of marijuana smokers and those who were given a placebo in either the simulator's baseline driving segment or its collision-avoidance scenarios. In fact, the only difference between the two groups was that the subjects who got the real stuff were more likely to decrease their speed during certain parts of the simulation.

Nevertheless, this study didn't address the vicious way marijuana smokers have been known to attack their roommates' bottles of Nuttella. Which is the real reason why the ancient herb must remain illegal.

http://www.asylum.com/2010/06/02/un...oesnt-impair-driving-ability/?sms_ss=facebook

any opinions about this?

compared to other drugs, weed won't make you reckless and let you take unnecessary risks. you'll be driving slower indeed. but my experience is when arriving at a crowded intersection, where you have to check different directions and cars can be coming from all over, you're more likely not to have seen one than when you are sober...

yes, you're a safer driver, but that doesn't mean you won't crash...

a friend of mine was smoking at another friend's place and thinking he was sober already he decided to drive back home. it was a pretty blurry drive he said. in the first intersection he was at sitting at red lights and suddenly had a blackout and "what the fuck am i doing in this lane" and made some pretty interesting reversing moves to get in the right lane... it was past midnight and it wasn't a weekend so he was pretty much alone in the traffic though

http://www.asylum.com/2010/06/02/un...oesnt-impair-driving-ability/?sms_ss=facebook

any opinions about this?

compared to other drugs, weed won't make you reckless and let you take unnecessary risks. you'll be driving slower indeed. but my experience is when arriving at a crowded intersection, where you have to check different directions and cars can be coming from all over, you're more likely not to have seen one than when you are sober...

yes, you're a safer driver, but that doesn't mean you won't crash...

Well, people who smoke daily do drive while technically high, and I've seen quite a few, but I wouldn't think for a moment that it's safe. Safer than alcohol in similar-ish doses? Yes, quite likely. Safe? No way. It does impair your reactions (especially for people with low tolerance / without profound adaptation to the high state of mind), and there's no getting away from that fact.

How much weed did they give to the participants? Half a toke of schwag or something? I bet no one said "Here, burn these two full bowls of top shelf OG Kush, and let's see how you do" :D

Last edited:
I want to be part of Freefall's test!

DRUGSAREBAD.png

:p