Which car defines your country?

Start a new thread if you want to continue this. Next person to post anything one way or the other on this debate will get neg rep'd

Twice. :mad:

EDIT: Unless they're a mod because I'm chicken shit!

Last edited:
Mercedes_S500_front.JPG

African Dictators' car of choice. :p

Speaking of Africa...

South Africa the place to get classic Ford/Shelby replicas.

ImageFetch.ashx

ImageFetch.ashx

Last edited:
I'd say that a car to best define Britain would be something like this:

ford-focus.jpg

Sure it may be a perfectly good car, and will get you from A to B faster than walking, but its not spectacularly pretty, not the most comfortable, not the most expensive or cheapest, and you wouldn't really want to buy one. But its still always there: someone is buying them. Dunno who, but someone thinks its the best choice. And while it does have a Ford badge on the front, it is essentially British.

Last edited:
I'm from the midlands, so:

dw_RM_Princess_pics.jpg

Or something along those lines.

http://img684.imageshack.**/img684/2299/saab900convertible1986r.jpg

The Saab 900 Convertible. Designed here, built here, can withstand the Finnish winter - but when it gets warm for five minutes, you can drop the top.

Can we then claim that the Porsche Boxter is a Finnish car? (atleast all the non-car people say it is). Also we can forget the THiNK (which is from Norway)

The Saab Cabrio's drop-top engineering was by Valmet, so it's more of a Finnish car than the CKD Boxster.

Norway... hmm...

What most people drive:
volvo_v70.jpg

that or Passat really...

A car that Norway's actually made, besides electric cars like the Th!nk.

Troll, yes, Norway had a car brand called Troll, only 5 were ever made, they were made of plastic, and the name fitted their look really :p
Trollbil.jpg

Last edited:
Despite that utes have already been mentioned, city Australia tends to be a bit like a base model Commodore.
31-ve-omega-01.jpg

Not very good, mostly quite boring but it gets the job done, is big and spacious, its incredibly comfortable and is generally quite pleased with what it is while some might say otherwise. It is also one of the two cars (the other being the basic Falcon) that has mobilised every sales rep and low-level manager for the past 30 years.

Can we then claim that the Porsche Boxter is a Finnish car? (atleast all the non-car people say it is). Also we can forget the THiNK (which is from Norway)

Like I said, doesn't have to be from the country, just best describe that country, maybe I worded it poorly.

Man, what a shitstorm!

In honour of that shitstrom, let me do the US of A!

Police%20Cars%2019.jpg

Overweight. Loud. Obnoxious. Pointless. Thinks everyone's looking in awe and envy, actually just pointing and laughing. Consumes way too much oil, emits way too much hot air. The driver is never really in complete control. A good example of devolution. Full of excess, yet that excess is also pointless.

Oops.

Last edited:
You forgot one more:
actueel_carver.jpg

:D

Yes, that defines Holland: bent!

I live in Japan now, so I'll do one for here...

toyota-ft-86-concept-subaru-subayota-toyobaru-01.jpg

Technologically advanced yet still simple at its core. Looks back to move forward. Small, yet uses the space efficiently. High output for a small capacity. Ends up more expensive than you think it's going to be.

Wouw, looking back I did kinda start it I guess....... that realy wasent the idea, just wanted to beat the Europeans to the inevitable :p

Sorry for derailing your thread Aratoga.

On topic I think I found a better car to decribe the dutch :

http://img137.imageshack.**/img137/4982/daf33img0180w6gr.jpg

Small, sensible, it looks like it will float, and that variomatic was most certainly thaught off on drugs :p