Cool ideas for a science fair project?

MOBIUS STRIPS!

The low budget approach I see. :p

Make an exploding model BP oil rig. Besides being awesome and hilarious it would show, on a small scale, the effects of the disaster. Maybe have a bag filled with oil (maybe baby oil since it's not very flammable or some other oil-like substance) with a straw acting as the pipe that got cut off and have it sitting under sand in an aquarium.

And a big pile of money representing the profit from the rise in oil prices. :p

I also support the Oil Rig.

Er, guys, isn't the issue that actually there's no longer anything supporting the oil rig? :D

You know I was wondering who would be the first to say that. I still support it though!

What's got four legs and goes "woof"?

Deepwater Horizon!

Too soon?

top_01.jpg

It?s fairly easy to do ... you should be able to get (order) a Growth medium at a pharmacy (here at least), and you?ll need a pressure cooker for sterilization. Then get some other kids and maybe some teachers to give their "prints" some days in advance and maybe take some samples of school door handles, guardrails etc (illustrate with photos - makes it even more relatable) ... and you will have all the shock in the world at the kids stand ... "wash your hands before eating" ... they won?t forget that ...

But I also like the Oil-rig thing ...

Last edited:
We've settled on a stirling engine...the oil thing sounds super badass too...make the moel and have a laptop with the page open to the live spill counter

Cool.

You could spend weeks researching airfoil design and Bernoulli principle, then develop a way to construct different shape wings out of a high density paper, and a complex system to test the amount of lift each wing has, only to be given a participation ribbon when the dumb fuck next to you gets a blue ribbon for spraying blue shit on some Bounty.

Last edited:
can-she-taste-the-roofies.jpg

*Facepalm*

Whatever happended to the good old bicarb and vinegar volcanoes? I loved those things when I was a kid, finally got to make one when I was 11.

But your idea sounds cool too :D

I never understood...what is supposed to be learned by that? It it about the chemical reaction, or is it abot volvanoes?