Random Thoughts....

Right, I have to buy a friend a birthday present. I've already arranged a proper present, but I need ideas for a sort of joke present to give him on the day. Sort of an inappropriate present for the occasion, or something really anti-climatic, and above all, cheap. Like a biro in a really big box.

Inflatable sheep.

Smokemarts stock penis shaped lollies, inflatable sheep, keyrings with little blow-up dolls on them, "horny pills", etc etc. Go there, total smorgasboard of horrendously inappropriate gifts. (made a gift bag full of ll that sort of stuff from there for my friend for her 18th. Best gift she got, according to her :D. Then again. she is sex obsessed...)

That or a box of condoms in the smallest size you can find (although that one can be a bit nasty. One of my mates got knocked out cold for that. Be warned)

Right, I have to buy a friend a birthday present.

Give your friend...

made a gift bag full of ll that sort of stuff from there for my friend for her 18th. Best gift she got, according to her :D. Then again. she is sex obsessed...

... Her friends phone number.

My friend is taken, hence how I know that she is sex-obsessed. You have not experienced TMI until you have heard some of the stuff she says. What makes it wors is that her boyfriend is one of my friends too. Ewwww.... :lol:

Smokemarts stock penis shaped lollies, inflatable sheep, keyrings with little blow-up dolls on them, "horny pills", etc etc. Go there, total smorgasboard of horrendously inappropriate gifts. (made a gift bag full of ll that sort of stuff from there for my friend for her 18th. Best gift she got, according to her :D. Then again. she is sex obsessed...)

That or a box of condoms in the smallest size you can find (although that one can be a bit nasty. One of my mates got knocked out cold for that. Be warned)

I like the blow up sheep idea. Was thinking maybe three layers in the box, top layer a small sheep statue, middle layer the instruction manual (assuming it comes with one) and the bottom layer the blowup sheep. I'm buying him a tactical nuclear penguin for his birthday so he can't complain to much. :p

It's been around ever since I first got online in about 1998. And yes, it's a piss take but a bloody good one. Still makes me laugh even though I've seen it loads of times.

:zzz:

Got my maths exam next wednesday. I've completely filled out 2 notebooks (since November 09) and started the 3rd now and yet, I don't feel overly confident. Probably normal not to anyway.

If I get a mark of 5 or higher (scale is 1 - 6, 1 worst, 6 best) I will get a spot at Electronic & Communications Engineering, University of Bath. \o/ If I don't get 5 or higher, then well, I'm fucked. But trying not to think about that. I've done a fucking boatload of work. :)

Out of curiosity, I emailed a metalwork business that among other things makes a sign for our office, about how much it would cost to commission a die-cut job on a junkyard 323F bonnet. I would like to have CD cover -sized holes cut in it, so I would have something to hold some of my CD:s in my living room.

Rough sketch:

2d0kkmp.gif

Will be interesting to see how much they would charge for it, and whether they would like to fashion some widgets from scratch to support the CD:s better.

So I had something really bizarre happen to me this morning. I went to bed last night around 10:30pm or so. Was dreaming about banging the hot neighbor chick next door when my alarm went off. So I dragged myself out of bed and started my normal morning routine getting ready for work. Turned on the shower, brushed my teeth while the water got warm, took the shower, got dressed, etc. When I left my room to go into the kitchen to see about breakfast, I noticed it was a bit darker then normal. I figured it must be cloudy outside or I was quicker in the shower then usual. But when I checked the time on my oven, it said 12:00. And so did my microwave. I started to think my power went off or something, and I need to reset my clocks, but then I checked my cell phone and it also said 12:00. It was midnight. <_<

Something like that happened to me a few month ago. I bought a new alarm clock because I thought my nearly 20 year old one finally died. I plugged it in set the time and the alarm went to bed. I woke up cause my son was crying saw the time was just a few minutes before six when I would get up anyway so I changed him then wen to take a shower. Get out of the shower and go back into the bedroom now the clock says almost 7:00 AM???

Huh I didn't spend that much time in the bathroom did I? Maybe I took longer getting my son changed and taking a shower, shaving, etc. then I thought.

Man it sure is dark for 7:00 AM must be getting ready to storm.

Go downstairs see and all the clocks downstairs say 4:00 am... GRRR

WTF

GO back upstairs now the alarm clock says 7:30. It was running supper fast some four minutes for every one minute of real time.

My friend is taken, hence how I know that she is sex-obsessed. You have not experienced TMI until you have heard some of the stuff she says. What makes it wors is that her boyfriend is one of my friends too. Ewwww.... :lol:

Ask if you can join them next time.

Seriously more the merrier.

Last edited:
Right, I have to buy a friend a birthday present. I've already arranged a proper present, but I need ideas for a sort of joke present to give him on the day. Sort of an inappropriate present for the occasion, or something really anti-climatic, and above all, cheap. Like a biro in a really big box.

I had the same dilema with my mum recently, went to K-Mart and secured baywatch series 1 for $6

How I've been sleeping since I had to attend a late night observation run last Wednesday.

Wed May 12th: Woke up at 8:30 am.
Thursday May 13th: Slept at 4:30 am. Woke up at 10:00 am.
Friday May 14th: Slept at 4:00 am. Woke up at 8:00 am.
Saturday May 15th: Slept at 4:30 am. Woke up at 10:00 am.
Sunday May 16th: Slept at 5:00 am. Woke up at 10:00 am.
Monday May 17th: Slept at 5:00 am. Woke up at 8:30 am.
Tuesday May 18th: Slept at 5:00 am. Woke up at 8:30 am.
Tuesday May 18th: Slept at 10:30 pm.
Wednesday May 19th: Woke up at 6:15 am.

Took an entire week to reset the sleep cycle and get some proper sleep.

I'm in my computer room watching mythbusters episodes yesterday when I feel my feet ache and I wanna just lie down and watch. So I bring the little portable bed over, with some bedsheets, a pillow and a blanket and get it all set up at 10:20 pm in an attempt to watch some MB while lying down. I was expecting to get up after 1 or 2 episodes and play games until the crack of dawn. NOPE.

Thank jesus.

Now time to screw it up again by sleeping at 2 am tonight. Woot!

Cobol74 on Holiday - saw this take off of Atlantis Space Shuttle (Americans you really really should be more proud of this achievement you know):

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/sts132/multimedia/gallery/Orbitbay.html

NB Sorry will not post as an image from the borrowed computer I am on in the USA.

So seeing the Atlantis take off, whoosh impressive even from 6 miles away - only two more shuttle launches and I wanted to see one before there are no more - I missed going on Concorde and was not missing seeing this!

I did the space center - boy I did not realise how small the Redstone was that Al Sheppard went up on - brave man. John Glenn had a much more solid looking rocket to do his orbit. - a good day out and I would recommend the space centre to anyone coming to Florida.

All from me for now.

Last edited:
Cobol74 on Holiday - saw this take off (Americans you really really should be more proud of this achievement you know):

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/sts132/multimedia/gallery/Orbitbay.html

NB Sorry will not post as an image from the borrowed computer I am on in the USA.

Isn't it AMAZING! I saw a launch when I was just a tiny little thing, maybe 7 years old or so. It was one of the first launches post-Challenger anyway. It set me up as a life long space nerd actually. I hope you went through the museum and rocket park and everything too. Are you taking the mini-cobols to Orlando while you're down there?

Cobol74 on Holiday - saw this take off of Atlantis Space Shuttle (Americans you really really should be more proud of this achievement you know):

So seeing the Atlantis take off, whoosh impressive even from 6 miles away - only two more shuttle launches and I wanted to see one before there are no more - I missed going on Concorde and was not missing seeing this!

I did the space center - boy I did not realise how small the Redstone was that Al Sheppard went up on - brave man. John Glenn had a much more solid looking rocket to do his orbit. - a good day out and I would recommend the space centre to anyone coming to Florida.

All from me for now.

You know what that picture calls for???

america-fuck-yeah-bikini-breasts-cola-gun-big-mac.jpg

girl_gun_fuck_yeah1.jpg

Jump out of a giant cake naked.