Red Dead Redemption

Definitely getting it tuesday. IMO, if it's as good as it looks, is the nearly-perfect game in terms of concept and execution. Hopefully it won't let me down :)

I see RDR as a game combining the best parts of these games, without their detriments:

Fallout 3
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
GTA IV
Fable
Cabella's (lol)
Just Cause

I love RPG's, but I generally don't like the RPGness of them (such as leveling and magic and the like) I like open world games like GTA IV, but I don't like the city setting and I don't like the lack of wild animals and more in-depth use of money. This game just looks epic. I can't wait :)

Last edited:
The extensive firearm selection is inspired. There are quite a few interesting choices. It has been years since I bought a game new but this may be the time I pull the trigger.

Excellent news.

Just wondering if I should go for the midnight release.

Picked it up at midnight (first time doing it...felt a little weird) and have been playing it since. The attention to detail is absolutely incredible. I know of no other game in history that is as overwhelming as this one. Visually and audibly it is absolutely unmatched on consoles.

Minor complaint: No swimming?! Goes back go GTA 3 insta-drown. Oh well.

Why have I only bothered to read up on this game now?! Well, might be a good thing, now I can get it right away!

It looks awesome! Definitely a game I have to have.

It's common knowledge that humans didn't learn to swim until the 20th century, so the insta-drown is just historically accurate. :p

Good to hear the game is as good as reviews are saying. I'm seriously pumped to play it.

hadnt really heard or followed this game much until the other week a friend showed me the trailer. although im not into westerns and cowboys that much im very tempted to give this game a go. the trailers and reviews so far it looks amazing.

from Penny Arcade

871587546_8WNjR-L.jpg

Red Dead Redemption sat next to my keyboard all day yesterday, face down, and I frequently stole glances at the screens printed on the back. Soon, soon.

I wonder if this game will see the kind of post-release attention the new Grand Theft Auto did. Next month's sees a free co-op mission pack hit, and I'm a position to savor it, but GTA4 essentially delivered full games as downloadable content. The countryside in this game just goes and goes, and goes and goes, and then goes some more. It's beyond beautiful. At the rate we're going, though, we'll chew the middle out of the dedicated co-op content in a couple focused evenings. I can already tell we'll need more in that vein, and badly.

People, we're fucked. Fucked! We're literally F'd, though it's only up the proverbial A, so we've got that going for us. But Red Dead Redemption, Prince of Persia, and Split/Second on the same day is some cosmic bullshit, particularly when I'm this close to finishng Lost Planet 2.

Last edited:
I find that if I'm walking anywhere near water, my horse will usually commit suicide by running out into the river or lake I'm next to....smart animals those...

It's the little things that make this game so enjoyable though. A woman conned me into coming over to talk to her whereupon 4 armed gunmen came out of nowhere and started shooting at me. I killed them all and she claimed that they were gonna kill her. I was like whatever so I let her run off. Shortly thereafter, a pack of wolves came out of the prairie and mauled her. Sweet justice.

Last edited:
That bastard Rufus Starky called my bluff one too many times in poker. I hog tied him, dragged him out into the prairie and covered him in animal bait, then waited for the wolves. Fucker.

That bastard Rufus Starky called my bluff one too many times in poker. I hog tied him, dragged him out into the prairie and covered him in animal bait, then waited for the wolves. Fucker.

this is why im fucking pissed that i cant get to play this until friday night

Some bitch and her Mexican friends tried to ambush me. I shot the men and hog tied her.

I set her on fire next to a cliff. Before she fell off, I shot her.

Bitch.