The awesome boats thread

That's the world's largest private yacht. Owned by a Russian of course. Yours for a mere $1.2 billion US (? 800 million): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(yacht)

For reference, here is the world's second longest yacht near an American aircraft carrier:

800px-Port_Jebel_Ali_on_1_May_2007_Pict_1.jpg

Yeah, shit that's big.

More good reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_yachts_by_length

Last edited:
I think Catamarans count too, just 'cause of their neat hull design, some used for ferrying at a breakneck speed of 40 knots and for also looking pretty badass

Hsc_tarifa_jet.jpg

800px-20091109-TurboJET_Barca.jpg

800px-Neue_Planet_von_vorn.jpg

Last edited:
Those yachts look so small from the outside. The yacht next to aircraft carrier looks like an optical illusion, my brain cant understand that they are the same size :p

I read the title as "The awesome butts thread" - needless to say, pretty disappointed.

I do need that Eclipse yacht in my life though... :eek:

There's an internet meme in there somewhere...

Really? A boat with another boat on it?

Mr. Misstor :p

:lol:

I think I'm just going to buy a nuclear aircraft carrier to one-up all the other rich people in Monaco. Enough room for my private jet (or jets), all the toys (cars, jetskis, helicopters etc) you could ever want and still have a mansion-sized living area inside.

Also, nuclear means I don't need to stop and refuel with the peasants.

Last edited:
With a 270' boat you would need a small(er) boat in the back to get into 98% of all harbors.

Maybe, but how do they get the 30 ton tender yacht off the ship and even worse back on the ship. I don't see a crane on it anywhere.

Maybe, but how do they get the 30 ton tender yacht off the ship and even worse back on the ship. I don't see a crane on it anywhere.

Magnets.

icp_how_do_magnets_work.jpg

Maybe you can flood the rear deck so the smaller yacht can than power out. Drop-floors on yachts are nothing new:

23675-review-oceanco-269-alfa-nero-2.-alfanero.jpg

The rear deck on the alfa-nero (where the pool is) can be raised to it becomes a helicopter landing pad or lowered and flooded to become a pool. Something similar on the Miss Tor 270 would work.

My choice of "tender" would be one of these though:

sunseeker%20predator%20108.2.jpg

sunseeker_predator_108_croatia_charter.jpg

Sunseeker Predator 82. Then again, some of the yachts coming out from Taiwan by companies like Horizon are rather good looking, and you have more customization options with them compared to the more established European builders.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet:

Foster_yacht_WEB2.jpg

yacthplus2-norman-foster-su.jpg

foster_yacht.jpg

Yes, I'm a massive yacht nut. Something about the sea attracts me.

Last edited:

Well deck.

That MisTor needs a WallyPower 118 as a tender on the back

I think I'm just going to buy a nuclear aircraft carrier to one-up all the other rich people in Monaco. Enough room for my private jet (or jets), all the toys (cars, jetskis, helicopters etc) you could ever want and still have a mansion-sized living area inside.

Also, nuclear means I don't need to stop and refuel with the peasants.

Just order a private Oasis class cruise ship from Aker Yards. $1.2billion will get you 225282 gross tons, a length of 1181ft, a height of 236ft, 16 decks, 3 engines @ 18590hp each, 3 engines @ 24780hp each, a capacity of 6296 + 2165 crew.

Install a huge garage, a race track, a few awesome rooms for parties, a giant bedroom at the bow. And live on there. Invite all your friends for insane parties. Have huge FG cruises.
I heard in some program that the Oasis class ships cost $1million a day to maintain/run.

That MisTor needs a WallyPower 118 as a tender on the back

Just order a private Oasis class cruise ship from Aker Yards. $1.2billion will get you 225282 gross tons, a length of 1181ft, a height of 236ft, 16 decks, 3 engines @ 18590hp each, 3 engines @ 24780hp each, a capacity of 6296 + 2165 crew.

Install a huge garage, a race track, a few awesome rooms for parties, a giant bedroom at the bow. And live on there. Invite all your friends for insane parties. Have huge FG cruises.
I heard in some program that the Oasis class ships cost $1million a day to maintain/run.

nownow....we have been over this, aircraftcarriers are infinatly cooler then one off those floating disneylands, and in this context way more open to some outragous customisation, racetrack you say? can you say a 2 level racetrack? one covering the flightdek AND the hangerdeck ,on the front you can have a caroussel like turn with nothing but air and way below the ocean as a guardrail :p

Nah, I want a clear runway for my private jets and helicopters.

824221.jpg