2011 Mustang V8 5.0 412hp

How the hell did that have any grip taking off like that? Damn...

I was reading a Car and Driver mag that my dumbass uncle subscribes too.

They gave the Mustang a 3 out of 10 for tech goodies. Yet gave the Camaro 7 out of 10...the Camaro doesn't have navigation or anything like Sync...so...

I was reading a Car and Driver mag that my dumbass uncle subscribes too.

They gave the Mustang a 3 out of 10 for tech goodies. Yet gave the Camaro 7 out of 10...the Camaro doesn't have navigation or anything like Sync...so...

IRS? :p

A lot of times you'll see things like that. They typically only rate the car directly in their hands. They put an Aston below an SL because the aston had an automatic transmission...even though they know for certain that they would have liked it better it it had the manual. Perhaps they had a base 'stang and the Camaro came with more goodies...

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that in the back of my mind, but I guess I don't watch enough drag racing because every time I see launches like that, it just blows my mind.

The car had gears (4.56) exhaust, minor suspension tweaks, and a 100 shot. Not bad for probably less than $1000 in mods.

Off topic, but going with the trend with some sick launches, I present:

[video=youtube;fHQbcd9-198]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQbcd9-198[/video]

Test drove the new V6 today. Great motor, but the auto transmission is easy to take by surprise. Corners surprisingly well- scared the saleswoman on an offramp. I love doing that. Stays level and has pretty good grip, but is still comfortable enough over bumps. Steering actually feels a little disconnected, but stiff enough. Brakes are slightly mushy with a long travel. Didn't get a chance to test the brakes properly though - short test route.

Test drove the new V6 today. Great motor, but the auto transmission is easy to take by surprise. Corners surprisingly well- scared the saleswoman on an offramp. I love doing that. Stays level and has pretty good grip, but is still comfortable enough over bumps. Steering actually feels a little disconnected, but stiff enough. Brakes are slightly mushy with a long travel. Didn't get a chance to test the brakes properly though - short test route.

Nice little review. What did you think of the interior? I rode in a 2010 V6 and found it to be quite welcoming.

Nice little review. What did you think of the interior? I rode in a 2010 V6 and found it to be quite welcoming.

Well, mine was a base model, so it had the plastic steering wheel and the cloth seats. Seats were good. Kinda beefey. And the steering wheel wasn't bad, but felt kinda flimsy. The seating position was odd. Legs felt fine, but then I would look up and my head was way too low. So if I wanted a decent head height and arm position my legs were bent oddly but not uncomfortably or unusably. The dashboard is very big, and makes it feel like you're sitting right at the back of the car until you take a corner, and then as you feel the weight shift and the body pivot you realize that there's still plenty behind you. But everything else was good. Looks great, feels "just good". Enough space in the back for a medium sized adult (probably 5' 10" or so is about as big as you could get back there comfortably). On a manual transmission the stick would be nice and high, right where you want it, but the center console might get in the way depending on how long your arms are, but I'm not sure on that last bit cause it was an auto.

The worst part was the transmission. It has no tiptronic mode, which makes it sound archaic, and it's indecisive. I put my foot half way down at 50 and it took about 1 second to downshift, and then it downshifted again. But I don't think that's a concern for any of us!

The 2010/2011 interior may not LOOK like that much of a jump, it feels like a huge jump in quality materials. I want an '11 so much it hurts my heart. :( However, I've still got just under 2 years left on my Cougar, it's been treating me well, and I've never NOT had a car payment since 1996 except the 6 months before I bought this car, when I tried going without a car.

I just can't. But I want. But I can't.

I agree that the new interior materials are absolutely quality feeling. I can't wait to test drive both the V6 and V8. :D

Oh yeah, the soft dash is very nice. And the controls are all where they should be, right in the middle, not splayed helter skelter around the cabin.

Dang... I drove an '86 5.0L one time and that scared the crap out of me (in a good way). With almost double the power, the new one must be :w00t:

Oh yeah, the soft dash is very nice.
Meh... I saw one at the local Ford dealer yesterday. I can't get over that cheesy textured plastic that Ford puts in their cars. It looks and feels so tacky and cheap.

Last edited: