Random Thoughts....

Wish my mum would let me teach her how to use the microwave, she keeps exploding food and I get the joy of cleaning up.

On the subject of technologically inept parents, it never ceases to amaze me how my mum can use a computer proficiently and use a smartphone among other things without any issues, yet be completely stumped by the DVD player. My 85 year old grandmother can use a DVD player, yet she still doesn't have an electric kettle.

And its the same problem, she won't let me teach her how to do it.

[/post having-to-put-on-a-DVD-for-my-parents-myself-for-the-5th-time-in-the-past-week rant]

:lol: My mum is like that too, she uses a computer every day at work without problems, but when it comes to mobile phones she's completely lost, her perfect phone would have 0-9 and then a 'pick up' and 'hang up', no texting, internet or anything.

English final homework to turn in tomorrow, wrapping it up with an essay. Since we've been basically given free hand on the subject... I think I'm going to review "Portal". :lol:

Just checking in quickly. Phuket is pretty sweet. Spent the first day lazing about in the resort pool chatting up Finnish chicks and copping a nasty sunburn on my shoulders. Patong Beach in a sec, gonna be nuts! :mrgreen:

Just checking in quickly. Phuket is pretty sweet. Spent the first day lazing about in the resort pool chatting up Finnish chicks and copping a nasty sunburn on my shoulders. Patong Beach in a sec, gonna be nuts! :mrgreen:
You got sunburnt? I spent two weeks there and I just tanned. If I went red at all, it was only for an hour or so, then it faded by the time I had a shower.
And I'm a red head! We burn AND freckle!

I found Patong Beach to be pretty disappointing. The sand was like gravel, and watch out for broken glass!
The O-Top markets were pretty good. The Pizza Company had some pretty good food too!

But for the love of ALL that is holy, DON'T go to the 'ping pong' shows. I can promise you will regret it! :blink::sick: "What has been seen..."

n9200715_36234288_8592.jpg

^ You have a poo room?

New favorite thing to do while bored on the bus ride to work: Load up the "GPS Status" application for my droid, and see if the bus is speeding or not.

lol, i should do that on a train whenever we travel next and it passes over/next to a highway

More epic science for the chem nerds

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/05/25/1271843837827.jpg

/very large image, poster size

Last edited:
I don't know of any glow in the dark liquid you can buy. I don't think the compounds are that stable. At least, we never worked with them when I was working with this stuff. Luminol is the only liquid I'm familiar with and it requires mixing 2 different chemicals to glow and it only lasts a few minutes. You can get powdered zinc sulfide from scientific supply houses, but it isn't soluable in water. I'm not sure if you can get it in colors.

If you just want something that glows under UV you'd be surprised what will work. Tonic water, gatorade, some of those energy drinks, urine. Maybe you don't want to use urine then. :p

Well I found this stuff, but I want a variety of colors and it's kinda expensive to buy one of each color of that stuff, plus its just too much for my purposes. I'm sort of looking for something that will retain its sort of "glowy" properties in the day, if you get what I mean. Like it still looks bright, neon and you can tell that it'll glow in the dark or under UV even when its still light.

Well I found this stuff, but I want a variety of colors and it's kinda expensive to buy one of each color of that stuff, plus its just too much for my purposes. I'm sort of looking for something that will retain its sort of "glowy" properties in the day, if you get what I mean. Like it still looks bright, neon and you can tell that it'll glow in the dark or under UV even when its still light.

Hum, that actually reminds me. Have you looked at a craft store? They make glow in the dark paints that would still be neon-ish colors in daylight. Shouldn't be more then a few bucks a bottle. Dunno why I didn't think of that before. Joanns used to have an entire section of glow in the dark stuff.

Wait you think $1.99 a bottle is too expensive? I'm not sure I can help you with that then. Maybe at least check out the craft store but you're going to pay a few bucks a bottle period. That stuff on ebay could easily be diluted into glowing vials if that's what you want.

Last edited:
Yay first softball league practice of the year \o/!

You have a poo room?
Haha, it's from the music building. I guess the bathrooms weren't enough?

xicedlovexoxo: Gin and tonic glows under a blacklight. Get bigger necklace pendants? :lol:

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get some sort of glow in the dark or UV-reactive liquid for a good price, preferably small amounts in multiple colors. I'm making tiny glass vial necklaces and filling some of them with glowing liquid to make them look funky but I can't seem to find the stuff to where I can get an assortment of colors in one go rather than having to buy large quantities of the different colors separately. If that made no sense at all I apologize, I'm quite tired. :lol:

Mix and match some of these? (They're dyes intended for computer water cooling systems, but they may work for jewelry.)

Haha, it's from the music building. I guess the bathrooms weren't enough?

xicedlovexoxo: Gin and tonic glows under a blacklight. Get bigger necklace pendants? :lol:

It's actually just the tonic that glows. It's an additive called quinine (fun facts to know and tell: it also treats malaria).

So today I'm in a lecture as usual, learning how to code without blowing up a computer when all of a sudden my pocket goes:

Motte ike!
Saigo ni waracchau no wa atashi no hazu
Seeraa fuku da kara desu?ketsuron

i need a new ringtone

Last edited: