Random Thoughts....

Oh great, I've caught the bad head-cold bug thingy that seems to be going around here everywhere atm. Earlier this week, four of my mum's work colleauges have been away with something similar, as well as several people in my uni course. It was only a matter of time. Srsly, it feels like there's a brick inside my head, compressing my neck and back down with it (I'm all achey too, you see). I'm finding a can't sit a computer for long and writing is difficult, my head starts spinning. I hardly took any notes in class today, so I know I'll have to make sure to get them off someone else later. I bet it was freaking important. I'd take tomorrow off class, but we're doing assessments, and also on Friday. :-(

Must...make...it..to...the...weekend!!

Last edited:
Recommend me a knife.

First of all, I would stay away from that ebay knife. There is no blade steel of manufacturer listed, both stuff I would care about a lot.

In terms of recommandations I would say it mainly depends on what kind of money you want to spend.
But here are some of the all time favourites:

Spyderco Delica/Endura: backlock, VG10 steel, FRN handles, 4-way clip
Benchmade Griptilian/Mini-Griptilan: axis-lock, 154CM steel, FRN handles, tip-up only clip

If you do want a more traditional looking knife about the buck 110 which you can actually customize to your personal preferences at the buck website

Last edited:
Anybody know a good way to get the smel of cigarettes out of a photo? Bought an autographed photo off eBay and the seller kindly neglected to mention it reeks of filthy smoke. I am going to have to frame it if I can't get the smell out, it is that bad :sick:

Worse still, I'm getting a massive poster from the guy too and I bet it's no better :(. Wish there was a compulsory "from a smoke-free home?" checkbox sellers had to fill in on eBay.

Anybody know a good way to get the smel of cigarettes out of a photo?

Uh, seems pretty obvious, but air it out? I bought a used scanner a few years ago and it reeked so badly of cigarette smoke, but airing it out worked. It takes a while though, better make sure it doesn't rain or put it under a roofed area.

Uh, seems pretty obvious, but air it out? I bought a used scanner a few years ago and it reeked so badly of cigarette smoke, but airing it out worked. It takes a while though, better make sure it doesn't rain or put it under a roofed area.

Yeah, that's the problem at the moment- it would get soaked if I put it outside. May just chuck it out there tomorrow anyway to try and fix it up if the rain isn't too bad. Thankyou anyway, kinda forgot about that! :lol:

It should fade over time- our car we bought for my sis reeked too when we bought it and now you can barely smell it.

Hmm, I think I'd better go to bed. I feel like I'm spouting complete nonsense online, on my phone and just in general (I've just been told I went into the kitchen and said something that made no sense whatsoever). I also sent a text to one of my friends, I can't remember what I typed, but I only got a 'WAT?' in reply. Not a good sign.

No pics? Well I am glad you had a good time.

Pictures will be up in the next few days in the photo section.

Does that bridge still have the open-grate road surface? Used to scare the hell out of me. We used to go there every couple of years. We'd go to Door County and pick cherries, and "the island" to buy fudge. Lots of fudge. :p

Oh yes, it has an open grate; I was scared silly. :lol: Sonia bought about four pounds total, but is giving half to family and friends. Stuff is so sweet it makes my teeth ache.

Everyone's going to be talking about State of Origin tomorrow (Rugby game between Queensland and New South Wales) shit. I'm going to be like WTF? I really don't give a shit about what leads up to it. I just want to know who won.

Any steel preference? 440A,S30V,420HC etc..
Frame or liner lock?
Any knife listing that doesn't include the country of manufacture and the type of steel is not to be trusted.

No particular steel preference. I like sharpening knifes so as long as it holds an edge well enough to work in hard wood for a while and do utility work I don't mind having to sharpen it more regularly. Probably frame lock as that is what I am used to but I wouldn't exclude liner locks entirely.

First of all, I would stay away from that ebay knife. There is no blade steel of manufacturer listed, both stuff I would care about a lot.

In terms of recommandations I would say it mainly depends on what kind of money you want to spend.
But here are some of the all time favourites:

Spyderco Delica/Endura: backlock, VG10 steel, FRN handles, 4-way clip
Benchmade Griptilian/Mini-Griptilan: axis-lock, 154CM steel, FRN handles, tip-up only clip

If you do want a more traditional looking knife about the buck 110 which you can actually customize to your personal preferences at the buck website

Yeah I wouldn't buy that ebay knife either was mainly just using the pictures as a reference. I would typically spend 50-60 dollars on a knife.

Anybody know a good way to get the smel of cigarettes out of a photo? Bought an autographed photo off eBay and the seller kindly neglected to mention it reeks of filthy smoke. I am going to have to frame it if I can't get the smell out, it is that bad :sick:

Worse still, I'm getting a massive poster from the guy too and I bet it's no better :(. Wish there was a compulsory "from a smoke-free home?" checkbox sellers had to fill in on eBay.

We use deionizers in cars to get the smoke smell out of them. Basically creates ozone that eliminates the odor over time but leaves a nasty ozone smell in the car for several hours to a couple of days after. You could try renting one of those deionizers or going to a car detail place where they might have one. Put the picture in the car, put the deionizer in the car and let it sit there for a few hours. After it is done let the car air out for several hours as the ozone will make you sick if you try and sit in the car right away.

I have a deformed bone in my hand from a previous fracture. When this fracture occured I have NO idea. I only know I now have another fracture a cm or so above it.

I have exercises to do, and bandages to wrap it in.

We use deionizers in cars to get the smoke smell out of them. Basically creates ozone that eliminates the odor over time but leaves a nasty ozone smell in the car for several hours to a couple of days after. You could try renting one of those deionizers or going to a car detail place where they might have one. Put the picture in the car, put the deionizer in the car and let it sit there for a few hours. After it is done let the car air out for several hours as the ozone will make you sick if you try and sit in the car right away.

Will look into that, thankyou :)

I have just read that chucking it in a paper bag with some baking soda sprinkled in the bottom helps, has anybody heard this one and does it work? (heard charcoal too, but don't know where I would get hold of any)

so is time, just put it in your attic for a few weeks or sth...

I have just read that chucking it in a paper bag with some baking soda sprinkled in the bottom helps, has anybody heard this one and does it work? (heard charcoal too, but don't know where I would get hold of any)

Ground coffee is also a good absober of odours.

Yup all three of those do help absorb odors and I have used all three trying to get the smoke smell out of cars at one time or another. Just don't let any of that stuff touch the photo as it will probably damage it.

so is time, just put it in your attic for a few weeks or sth...

Screw time that takes too long.

With your massive culture of cooking out, you don't know anyone with a REAL grill? Charcoal does work wonders. I had a nasty smell in my kitchen cabinet from burning some rice. My dad gave me a few lumps of charcoal to put in there and it was gone in no time. I loved that the charcoal didn't have the potential to spill and make a mess like baking soda might have. Plus I've never felt baking soda does much.

Exam over. I want to find the man who made it, hunt him down and then debone his dog.

It's ridiculous to make an exam like twice as hard as the one from the previous year, including making it even longer.

This KitKat wrapper indicates 'creamier chocolate' and it's making me angry because I specifically made sure to not buy the Chunky. If I wanted all that chocolate taste I would have bought the Chunky.

Come on Nestle! You make the Chunky, you make the Bites, you make the little thin weight loss ones... I had to search for a while before I found the classic format, and they've gone and messed with it. Should I call the 1-800 number on the back and complain?

I hate the Kit Kat recipe/formula in North America. it tastes horrible. I LOVE the Kit Kat from Europe and Asia, though. It's like a least favourite to most favourite cheap chocolate bar difference. Eh, well.

Kit Kat tastes more of sugar than actual chocolate. My least favourite must be Cadbury's. It really doesn't have any chocolate flavour.