What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

http://img692.imageshack.**/img692/8716/44262178.jpg
Seasons 1-9 for $124. Hopefully not a bootleg however considering the Chinese on the side it is a possibility. The packaging appears quite good. I ordered the entire Startrek DS9 series awhile back and it appeared to be a bootleg but the quality was pretty good.

Just received it and popped in a disk. It seems legit, even has the FBI warning.

At least it is a really good bootleg. :p

51gzcdrbml.jpg

I get the feeling this is the start of a very expensive hobby....

At least it is a really good bootleg. :p

Indeed. From what I hear some Chinese bootleggers actually take pride in getting everything as close as possible to the original product. These disks have everything. I looked at the box and it says "Region 6" but the format is NTSC.

51gzcdrbml.jpg

I get the feeling this is the start of a very expensive hobby....

Are Mega Bloks ProBuilders still around? Or even available over there? They're epically huge kits that are compatible with legos but built quality isn't as good. Still, worth it for the designs.

Indeed. From what I hear some Chinese bootleggers actually take pride in getting everything as close as possible to the original product. These disks have everything. I looked at the box and it says "Region 6" but the format is NTSC.

I picked these up (UK R2) a few years back for ?9 each, but they were also 'buy 2 get 1 free' at the time, making them ?6 ($8.70) each. I did find this just now CLICKY which would have got you a genuine set of R2 discs for $162. It has dropped as low as ?56 ($81) here at times.

Gearing up for a nice sporty summer.

Golf Shoes, divot tool, balls, random golf shit.

Tennis gear: 2 rackets restrung, 1 replaced. Finally I have my rackets all working at the same time. I hate when I break a string on one of em, and then only had 1 backup. This year I went with hybrid stringing, polyester mains, synthetic gut crosses. Should provide more durability.

Finally got some orthotics made to address my arch pain when running. I have wide feet and they are overly pronated so after a few test miles I can say my dogs don't bark after more than 3 miles.

Sum 22" LG LCD HDTV/Monitor but I discovered after the order was confirmed I bought the wrong one. I bougt the "WZ" and I was meant to buy the "PZ". W means white. P means... Plack I guess. So now I have to call them on monday and have them change one letter, which is annoying. Why can't I change my order myself?

Sum 22" LG LCD HDTV/Monitor but I discovered after the order was confirmed I bought the wrong one. I bougt the "WZ" and I was meant to buy the "PZ". W means white. P means... Plack I guess. So now I have to call them on monday and have them change one letter, which is annoying. Why can't I change my order myself?

Buying monitors is a bitch due to the stupid numbering they use which is extremely confusing. I made the same mistake with a Samsung I bought in the spring due to obscure model numbering, and the place I got it at doesn't really do returns.

I ordered the model with the glossy bezel which is a huge bitch due to reflection, and the matte model had speakers too (which I wasn't going to use anyway). I'm still happy though, the glossy goes well with my previous mouse and keyboard setup and also the TV which was my previous and now my second monitor. And I can't complain about 24.5" for $200, prices sure have come down on those things.

By the way, I thought electronics were meant to be posted here?

Gearing up for a nice sporty summer.

Golf Shoes, divot tool, balls, random golf shit.

I would have sold you my mom's stuff she doesn't use because it has a minor scuff or something on it. Seriously, we have 4 unused golf bags in our basement, at least 3 sets worth of clubs, 100s of balls with light marks (most of them $40/doz Callaway Tour i and ix), and dozens of divot tools. I could even dig up a couple Scotty Cameron tools and ball markers if I looked I bet. :lol:

Bloody hell!

I got loads of Tee shirts from the US last week. Daytona, Space Shuttle and some crapo stuff from Walmart!

Last edited:
Bloody hell!

I got loads of Tee shirts from the US last week. Daytona, Space Shuttle and some crapo stuff from Walmart!

You went to Walmart AND ate a Baconator? It's true. You are a secret American.

Yep I did! Wendys is now confirmed as much less than it once was - London 30 years ago, it produced some fine burgers and you got a free salad!

I would have sold you my mom's stuff she doesn't use because it has a minor scuff or something on it. Seriously, we have 4 unused golf bags in our basement, at least 3 sets worth of clubs, 100s of balls with light marks (most of them $40/doz Callaway Tour i and ix), and dozens of divot tools. I could even dig up a couple Scotty Cameron tools and ball markers if I looked I bet. :lol:

I doubt I would have a use for ladies clubs, and the balls are nice but maybe not worth the shipping. Nice to see you dont mind profiting from your mom, put that shizz on craigslist.

I don't mind profiting when there absolutely no reason to have that stuff laying around. You know how much space 4 golf bags take up I imagine, it's really annoying. And she won't use them again now that she's got this years model bag :lol:

Are Mega Bloks ProBuilders still around? Or even available over there? They're epically huge kits that are compatible with legos but built quality isn't as good. Still, worth it for the designs.

I don't think I've seen any around anymore.

But Lego kicks ass anyway :p