Random Thoughts....

Apparently most of my dress socks are grade C. hmmmm.....I believe I'm getting shorter.

@citrus`Admitting it is the first step in recuperation. Good Job!

Went to dinner and a movie with my friends yesterday.

Was fucking epic.

There's a sushi place on Harney street in San Diego.

You can guess what it's called.... yep.... Miso Harney Sushi.

Then we went to see Prince of Persia, and that was a pretty epic action movie actually, disregarding the inevitable disney romantic bullshit thrown in there.

Then again, most people (young or old) can't actually afford to run a high powered car in Europe.... In a place where a young person can conceivably buy a V8 rear wheel drive car for really not that much money it does kind of make sense
On first sight, that makes sense. Then I remember how I drove in my first years, and the cars I had access to included a 60 hp Opel Kadett and a 45 hp VW Polo. The lesson: In slow cars, you don't like to slow down, and that makes for reckless driving.

I can tell you the exact reasoning behind these laws, if they save one life then they believe it's acheived what it's set out to acheive
I remember a study that determined an Australian (state-level, I believe) law making bicycle helmets compulsory had a negative effect on bicycle safety.

All rivers in Honduras are overflowing right now. We've taken all security measures since despite being in a relatively high area we are close to a river. The mitsu has done its fair bit of off-roading on road.

That's supposed to be a a road

calle-inundada-A-punto-de-rebalsar-rios-en-centro-de-Tegucigalpa_imagen_full.jpg

lluvias-Inundaciones-en-el-centro-de-la-capital-hondurena_imagen_full.jpg

The mayor looking at a overflowed river.

Bambu-Vecinos-del-Eden-y-Cabana-alerta-ante-vulnerabilidad_imagen_full.jpg

EDIT: The president just said ?May God help us.? We're fucked.

Last edited:
That Australian driver's license/vehicle restriction thing is immensely stupid... but regarding money-grabbing: remember there are countries where your license will cost you upwards of ?1000. On the other hand, you are allowed to drive every car then... ;)

Or it could cost you twice that and all cars would be at least twice as much as most other places :cry:

Buy a phone and get twelve golfballs is the worst promotion ever.

Okay, I've acted like a complete moron/faggot/poofta/etc. in the last few days and I'm very sorry.

I don't really know where else to put this, but I really want to apologise for my general idiocy.

I hope the good members of FG will forgive me.

Eh, It's not like you went all Atlantian on us. He just couldn't stop typing, and was constantly yammering, much to everyone's annoyance and amusement, about his stupid dogleg trans in his equally stupid Merc 190E. Or that one dork who couldn't stop talking about Piddington. Anyone remember Piddington guy?

You are just "suffering" from new forum member syndrome. It is like you discovered Pandoras box of forbidden pleasure and cannot wait to dig through it all. Best thing to do is to reply frequently, and with worthwhile replies, and to post threads infrequently. You strike me as intelligent, and with good grammar. That, along with a bit of sarcasm and cynicism is all you need at Final Gear. Oh, and don't obsess over something, like Piddington or dogleg gearboxes.

All rivers in Honduras are overflowing right now. We've taken all security measures since despite being in a relatively high area we are close to a river. The mitsu has done its fair bit of off-roading on road.
EDIT: The president just said ?May God help us.? We're fucked.

No, you are not. If you can puruse Final Gear, you are pretty well safe. Your President is being overdramatic, and saying "God help us all" is stupid; he should have said, "if we all work together and not panic, we can get everyone out harms way."

On first sight, that makes sense. Then I remember how I drove in my first years, and the cars I had access to included a 60 hp Opel Kadett and a 45 hp VW Polo. The lesson: In slow cars, you don't like to slow down, and that makes for reckless driving.

I remember a study that determined an Australian (state-level, I believe) law making bicycle helmets compulsory had a negative effect on bicycle safety.

except most peoples first cars here aren't some totally underpowered diesel, a young driver with a v6 commodore/falcon (200HP+ in the base model) RWD is one of the most common combinations

Evel - you are far too proud of your new avatar - take it from me, let others comment. It is like saying "Woa, how cool I am." which of course means you are not!

No, you are not. If you can pursue Final Gear, you are pretty well safe. Your President is being overdramatic, and saying "God help us all" is stupid; he should have said, "if we all work together and not panic, we can get everyone out harms way."

I'm pretty safe yes. But most of downtown Tegucigalpa is Underwater now. The Bridges connecting Tegucigalpa and Comayaguela are about 5 cm above water level.And there's always the morons that get about an inch or so from a river that's moving at about 800 Cubic feet per second.The markets are underwater aswell.

I don't think the tone in which he said ?May god help us? was of certain doom. But I agree that at this point you should address the country with words of reassurance. The country is in red alert now. Classes are being suspended and we're ready to leave the house should something unexpected happen.

I really hope for the best for your country - prayer may help for the Christians I suppose but at the end of the day everyone should pull together. You need to see if there is assistance from OAS or the UN available.

Stay safe, gaasc ! :unsure:
If you loose your internet connection, try and get a message out some other way to FG and let us know you are OK.

If you want a live feed of a news channel. This site should work for you. It's crappy even by Honduran standards but it should give you a scale of how shit is going down. firefox users here.

EDIT: I sincerely apologize for posting that channel I've replaced the links so that it directs you to a more suitable one for people with a brain .

Last edited:
I am watching Iron Man right now, which is awesome because I love this movie. I can't wait for Iron Man 2 to come out on DVD. Heehee :D

The water in on the houses in the lowermost levels of my neighborhood. The weather forecast says 48 more hours of rain. Our water crisis is solved since all the dams are overflowing.

I've replaced the telly link in my post avobe. Please watch this one instead

Eh, It's not like you went all Atlantian on us. He just couldn't stop typing, and was constantly yammering, much to everyone's annoyance and amusement, about his stupid dogleg trans in his equally stupid Merc 190E. Or that one dork who couldn't stop talking about Piddington. Anyone remember Piddington guy?

You are just "suffering" from new forum member syndrome. It is like you discovered Pandoras box of forbidden pleasure and cannot wait to dig through it all. Best thing to do is to reply frequently, and with worthwhile replies, and to post threads infrequently. You strike me as intelligent, and with good grammar. That, along with a bit of sarcasm and cynicism is all you need at Final Gear. Oh, and don't obsess over something, like Piddington or dogleg gearboxes.

I don't know what a Piddington or a dogleg box is. o_o

Thanks for understanding and all the great advice!