iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

^Thank you very much, I will use your email as a referral :)
Must spread more burning rubber before powersliding round MadCat360 again..

My e-mail is "xboxplaya140(at)btinternet(dot)com" if anyone wants to use it as a refferal for a 3 month subscription.

I've made an iRacing group so we can possibly share our names if you aren't comfortable with sharing them in public.

Last edited:
I'm seriously considering getting a subscription. I am making arrangements to get some gear together. :) Once I get online, I'll throw a referral somewhere.

iRace under Gregory Evans if anyone wants to add me (not like it does much, really).

Incidentally, on Spa negotiations:

"Things are getting pretty close."
- Steve Myers, iRacing staff

Spa is coming! Spa is coming!

One thing that's really cool, iRacing is pretty forthcoming about upcoming changes and additions. You just have to browse the forums a bit to catch it.

Last edited:
Wonder how long Spa will take to scan? I assume a while due to the immensnessness of it.

Also, i'll be doing some Star Mazda or Skip Barber practice tonight, so if anyone wants to join me, look for "Loz Wiltshire" in a session ;)

Last edited:
Your name is Loz?

Anyway, I read a post a while back when people were screaming for Nurburgring. The iRacing guys said it would take them a month of scanning all night long (they scan at night) to do the Nordscheife, then another 6-8 months to render it. Finally, another 2 months to playtest and touch-up. At the time, they were totally against it because occupying the track team for most of the year would've been counter productive - they had other stuff they wanted to do first, and probably still do.

They'll probably spend around a week scanning Spa. Even if they get to it right now, we probably won't have it till the final 2010 season or even next year.

I have a feeling we would get it next year. It would be lovley if the suprised us and had it allready completed, and released it with the Williams FW31. It would have been a very well kept secret.

And technically no, my name isn't actually Loz. It's a nickname that someone game me, and i've stuck with it since (since late 2005 early 2006).

Also, in other news. iR will be bringing night racing to use within the next two months if their event calendar is correct. August 21st is apparently the date of the big NASCAR race in Bristol, which is at night as far as i know. The calendar says that the iR event will be a night race.

Last edited:
This is very good. The addition of these core features will probably bring more people than any car or track.

Allright, I'm going to get a subscription today, but will my computer be able to cope in the online races?
AMD Athlon 64x 5000+ 2.6Ghz
2gb of RAM
512mb GeForce 9600 GT

Allright, I'm going to get a subscription today, but will my computer be able to cope in the online races?
2gb of RAM
512mb GeForce 9600 GT

Sure, just turn off the high detail pixel shaders and turn down the model details a bit and you're good to go I bet. Your card is about similar to mine, and I can run on nearly max with high details on everything but low trackside object detail and a few shadows turned off.

http://img718.imageshack.**/img718/3548/skippymosportstartcockp.jpg

http://img709.imageshack.**/img709/6726/skippymosportcrashcamer.jpg

Last edited:
2gb of RAM
512mb GeForce 9600 GT

You should be fine just bump your settings down a bit until you get stable fps.

Wow, those specs and it would need to be turned down? It doesn't look like it would be that demanding of a program (I didn't put game :) )The machine I was going to get together was going to be a Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2GB ram and a couple of Geforce 7 series cards (mostly because its free).

Wow, those specs and it would need to be turned down? It doesn't look like it would be that demanding of a program (I didn't put game :) )The machine I was going to get together was going to be a Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2GB ram and a couple of Geforce 7 series cards (mostly because its free).

Yeah, the amount of detail is pretty insane. Cars in the paddock, all the medical and fire trucks, and the competitor car detail is very high too (the first time you get close behind another Skip Barber car and watch his suspension compress as you follow him you'll have an orgasm - you can see the geometry of the coilovers compressing progressively). You can usually lap on your own at max details but as soon as you get a full grid it starts to slow down. It's the shadows for me. They have 2 pass shadows with some really nice ambient occlusion, and that really lugs my machine.

Last edited:
Going to take a car out for the first time :D my racing name is Jens Scheerlinck, as is my real name actually.

Yeah, the amount of detail is pretty insane. Cars in the paddock, all the medical and fire trucks, and the competitor car detail is very high too (the first time you get close behind another Skip Barber car and watch his suspension compress as you follow him you'll have an orgasm - you can see the geometry of the coilovers compressing progressively). You can usually lap on your own at max details but as soon as you get a full grid it starts to slow down. It's the shadows for me. They have 2 pass shadows with some really nice ambient occlusion, and that really lugs my machine.

Oh thats awesome. Bryan Heitkotter is involved in that (starting credits). He's an autocross friend of mine. That might explain why he is so fast. He's an incredible driver. Multi-National Autocross champion.

Thats some great detail. The flipping of the cars looks right. I love seeing the suspension movements. Wrecks look correct, except for some clipping and not enough debris. The lack of debris makes sense though, and would be cool, but ultimately unnecessary. I'm really impressed. I've know about iRacing for a while, but never looked into it really closely. Probably due to lack of wheel.

Last edited:
Oh thats awesome. Bryan Heitkotter is involved in that (starting credits). He's an autocross friend of mine. That might explain why he is so fast. He's an incredible driver. Multi-National Autocross champion.

Yes, he's racing in the iRacing Pro Series driving the V8 Supercar and also the Driver's World Championship. I can e-stalk him:

http://img697.imageshack.**/img697/1433/bryanheitkotter.jpg

Which car? :)

Just finnished my first drive with the Solstice in practice mode, damn Laguna Seca is epic.. Corkscrew is seriously scary compared to other games, I had to relearn entry and exit on about every turn and I'm not smooth yet. It's insanely realistic though except when you take off (I disabled auto clutch but I can't stall the car :/)

To MadCat, hope you got your credits ;)

Last edited: