2010 Endurance Racing Thread (Le Mans, LMS, AmLMS, AsLMS, whatever)

2 weeks until Le Mans! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Wow that was quick. It feels like only a week ago I looked at this thread and thought "wow it's 2010 already," and maybe a month ago I was watching Le Mans on Speed instead of studying for exams.

Paddock and pit garage allocations for Le Mans this year...

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers...10_05_31_implantation_paddock_du_26_05_10.pdf

This more-or-less confirms that the Radical is in the race, and also, someone at the ACO doesn't think that the JLOC Lambo is going to last very long, because it's been given the new garage which is right ahead of the Audi pits.

Pugs found a lucky pit spot last year, so they're staying at the bottom end of the pits (at the entry). Interesting thing is that Strakka and Highcroft got neighbouring garages, so... the P2 battle is going to be interesting to say the least.

So if I'm reading this correctly both pugs and audi are still in the same but position but given the new pit spaces Audi will have cars in front of their boxes this year?

They always had 9 other cars ahead of them in the garages which someone from Radio Le Mans aptly named the "Row of Woe", but there was always a gap between the Audi pits and the first garage in that row of 9. That gap has been filled this year by the 56th garage, which is actually garage #47 which will hold the Lambo.

The first two garages in that row were built in the late 1990s (I think), and that annex was extended to 9 garages probably for the '07 race.

Last edited:
Ah ok, I was wondering just the other day where that building was going to be used for but apparently that was part of the pits as well :p
Didn't know that, thanks!

Operation Pescarolo 2011 is underway. Henri hasn't lost his head and his taste for racing and running a team, and he's gathering up forces for a possible return next year. So far it's just a website where people can post support messages, but there are assurances that Pesca is doing everything in his power to rebuild his team in time for next year's great race.

Wow that was quick. It feels like only a week ago I looked at this thread and thought "wow it's 2010 already," and maybe a month ago I was watching Le Mans on Speed instead of studying for exams.

Le Mans is on my birthday this year (well, it starts the day before it and ends on it). I'm excited.

Scrutineering pretty much all day on Sunday and Monday. Free practice Wed 16:00-20:00, quali sessions Wed 22:00-00:00 and Thu 19:00-21:00 and 22:00-00:00. Friday - drivers' parade 18:00-19:00, and Saturday... warm-up at 9 AM, 10:30(ish) the Group C race, and then the cars are rolled out onto the grid some time before 2 PM, they form up on the grid some time before 14:40 and are flagged off around 14:51-14:52 for the pace lap to finish at 15:00 on the dot (all in local time, based on Wiki and on last year's schedule). France is GMT +1h (UTC +2h in the summer).

Radio Le Mans will have reports from both Sunday and Monday scrutineering, and they'll be going fully live from the circuit some time on Wednesday afternoon, a few hours before the start of practice.

Last edited:
David Brabham has a pretty... erm... insightful and amusing video blog, and the latest 3 episodes show part of the driver preparation through which he and his team-mates go through as a group:

I already have the spotter's guides at ready, I'm buying all my favorite snacks, and I've been watching previous years footage; I'm ready for next weekend! I'll probably watch Le Mans and Truth in 24 some time this week.

http://art-racing.com/site/#/gallery/sebring-2010-post-race-test/brake-fire/

This photo sheds some new light on the Peugeot issues at Le Mans. It's from the Sebring post-race test, and although at the time it might have been disguised as a brake fire, the flames are coming out of the exhaust and there's also smoke from the turbo inlet. Possible sign of the same exact failure that happened at Le Mans, only on the other side of the engine?