The Music Thread

Speedtouch said:
And no - I do not like Drum and Bass, only Pendulum (who aren't proper DnB thanks to Rob Swire).

Holy crap the album is already out! :shock: Yeah, I don't like Drum n Bass either, just Pendulum. The new single Watercolour has definitely convinced me to buy the new album. Is it any good?

uggh...things were looking good for pendulum back in the day, hold your colour had a couple of ok tunes etc...then something went horribly wrong, out came in silico. after that i haven't paid attention much. had to listen the new album through once to see if they'd changed but unfortunately not.

i'm a big fan of chilled out liquid dnb though:
Memro - Altitude
Shift Enigma - You'll Never Know
D.Kay ft. Concept & Shnek - For Love Or Money
Basic Operations - 4th Street Sound Click (Kubiks & Lomax Remix)
Well Being - Lend Me Your Troubles
and one of the best ever:
Future Prophecies - September

^ It depends what you're after. Pendulum aren't really drum and bass, and they're obviously a lot different to what you like. You can obviously like what you want, and I much prefer the later Pendulum stuff and I'm not a massive fan of Hold Your Colour.:dunno:

^ It depends what you're after. Pendulum aren't really drum and bass, and they're obviously a lot different to what you like. You can obviously like what you want, and I much prefer the later Pendulum stuff and I'm not a massive fan of Hold Your Colour.:dunno:

not a massive fan of the album either but i remember girl in the fire, still grey and hold your colour being ok tunes.
despite pendulum having quite a "sellout" reputation in the dnb scene (i can't say i'm a fan of their newer stuff either) it's all a good thing imo. they're still widely considered a dnb setup even though they now do sort of mashup of styles and tunes that aren't dnb at all (the island pt1 for instance doesn't even have a drumline) and their fame is bringing more people to dnb. after all, what introduced me into dnb back in 2005 i think was hearing pendulum's remix of voodoo people and hold your colour was one of the first dnb releases i got my hands on.

edit: funny you should mention rob swire...in my opinion the biggest mistake they made was having a vocalist in the "band". not saying he can't sing but using the same vocalist too much just makes their tunes too similar to each other. i really can't put it into words properly what i mean but i think using different MCs or singers on the track would be a much better idea. everyone else does that for a reason. having the same guy on vocals on most tracks in my opinion kind of limits the variety of the tracks, it's like using the same sample, bassline or whatever in several tracks. hard to say what i mean.

Last edited:
time for some actual music i feel..

mhmmm free music:
2010freecomp.jpg

[www.fixtstore.com (for anyone who's interested)]

FUCK YEAH!!

[video=youtube;-Qae_TUTeGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qae_TUTeGo[/video]
Because The Karate Kid remake is out, here's a reminder of why the original is better by default.

[video=youtube;saw1w-8ODKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saw1w-8ODKM&feature=related[/video]