Beer

Everyone knows the key to a truly enjoyable beer is the right glass. So what kind of glassware have you amassed. Here's my collection thus far:

[IMG]http://img413.imageshack.**/img413/323/img5111m.jpg[/IMG]

Since I'm up here in NoDak for the summer, I've decided I'm going to sample whatever it is I can't get down in Texas.

I'm starting with this:

3548242046_9ce58d7de0.jpg

Everyone knows the key to a truly enjoyable beer is the right glass. So what kind of glassware have you amassed. Here's my collection thus far:

[IMG]http://img413.imageshack.**/img413/323/img5111m.jpg[/IMG]

*laughs*

I have one glass that's just for my beer. It'll hold almost 2 bottles of my current fave brew. And will fit in the freezer section of the little fridge I keep in my room.

Once I have the money I will have a glass collection as impressive as that....

You call that impressive? I have about 30-40 of them in my kitchen, and 2 boxes full of unused ones in my attic.

same here, my basement if littered with beer glasses :lol:

welcome to Europe! Atleast we get waisted with the right glass! :p

Last edited:
what? :p

Once I have the money I will have a glass collection as impressive as that....

What do you mean "once I have the money"> I'd sat 8 of the 12 are stolen from various bars around my campus. I'm no thief normally, but once I've bought as few pints of a beverage I typically feel justified in tucking the glass into my jacket. Hell, you're only young and stupid once, why not act it.

What do you mean "once I have the money"> I'd sat 8 of the 12 are stolen from various bars around my campus. I'm no thief normally, but once I've bought as few pints of a beverage I typically feel justified in tucking the glass into my jacket. Hell, you're only young and stupid once, why not act it.

a few times a year you can buy a crate of beer, and get a glass for free. i've never bought a beerglass
(but did take a few from bars - they have plenty!)

anyone ever ordered a kwak in a bar? you have to turn in a shoe as warrant for the glass...

...and then you have to go the toilet :|

a few times a year you can buy a crate of beer, and get a glass for free. i've never bought a beerglass
(but did take a few from bars - they have plenty!)

anyone ever ordered a kwak in a bar? you have to turn in a shoe as warrant for the glass...

...and then you have to go the toilet :|

euhrmm....your talking about the very rare 1500cl kwak glass, the 'turn in a shoe' policy is only applicably to 1 bar in Genth I believe, (Dulle griet) its the only place they actualy have the 1500cc glass I think, probably something custom made.
I have seen examples off them demanding your ID card as a warrant for a 500cc glass though, that's pretty common, Big Kwak glasses are pretty expensive......

The people here thinking its 'ok' to steal a glass from a bar because they are 'plenty'? , most realy special beer glasses (the ones actualy worth collecting) have to be BOUGHT buy the barowner (over here atleast) , granted at a lower price then retail, but still bought.....taking them = theft.

<James-May-mode> Everyone, seriously: stop spoiling a good drink with etiquiette stuff like "what glass to drink it from" ... it?s not dinner at the white house/dinner with the Queen ... it?s drinking beer. Any 'ol glass will do ...
Surely, some Beer-glasses are nice, and nothing wrong having your Beer in a nice Glass ... but it?s not how you drink, it?s what you drink. Don?t make a fuss about it.

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying Interrobang, and I wholeheartly agree. I don't really care what beer goes in which glass per say, but It's fun to be drinking the same beer as the logo on the glass, makes it feel like more of an occasion, like a restaurant. I'm sure there's beer snobs out there who would scoff at me because "I'm not using the right kind of Snifter for that particular beer" but I really don't care.

My favourite thing to do is pour Guinness into my Erdinger glass, it's quite the show.

<James-May-mode> Everyone, seriously: stop spoiling a good drink with etiquiette stuff like "what glass to drink it from" ... it?s not dinner at the white house/dinner with the Queen ... it?s drinking beer. Any 'ol glass will do ...
Surely, some Beer-glasses are nice, and nothing wrong having your Beer in a nice Glass ... but it?s not how you drink, it?s what you drink. Don?t make a fuss about it.

Not really, like wine and spirits, the right glass will enhance the taste of the beer that's in it. And it will of course add to the experience. A strong, manly trappiste should not be drunk from a girly thin glass, but from a stong, big bowl-shaped glass.

euhrmm....your talking about the very rare 1500cl kwak glass, the 'turn in a shoe' policy is only applicably to 1 bar in Genth I believe, (Dulle griet) its the only place they actualy have the 1500cc glass I think, probably something custom made.
I have seen examples off them demanding your ID card as a warrant for a 500cc glass though, that's pretty common, Big Kwak glasses are pretty expensive......

there are a few in brussels as well...

13809077.jpg