Hammond: Hammond and Moss; BBC Four, June 6 (9 pm)

shellygrrl

twitter.com/stirlingmosscom said:
Hammond meets Moss BBC4 9.00pm, 6th June repeated 1200 midnight on the 6th and then several more times during the next few weeks on 4 pls RT

http://twitter.com/StirlingMossCom/status/14682499017

twitter.com/stirlingmosscom said:
Thanks folks doc looks at how a racers brain works and what it takes to recover from serious head injury comparing SM & RH's experiences

http://twitter.com/StirlingMossCom/status/14682753012

There'll be more press soon.

Anyone see him being driven around maranello by tiff in the 599? hehe.

Hope he recovers fully asap.

I can't wait to see this... Too bad I'll have to wait until it gets Youtubed or something.

Already Sky plussed to record. Shame it's not in HD.

just finished watching it. was a brilliant program, great insight into both of them and fascinating to hear about the differences and similarities in their recoveries

just finished watching it. was a brilliant program, great insight into both of them and fascinating to hear about the differences and similarities in their recoveries

Very good show. Fascinating hearing both of their stories. I can't believe what Richard said about that first episode of TG after the crash.

Agree with the above, so no spoilers here,

RH is actually good at this, I was impressed with the Evel Knievel film as well.
I think he has a franchise going here.

I suggest that discussions on content be held off, until everyone has had a chance to see in a couple or so days.

At the end of the credits, the film was made by ?Hamster?s Wheel Productions? :lol:

At the end of the credits, the film was made by ?Hamster?s Wheel Productions? :lol:

Yeah, that's Richard's own production company. It also produces Blast Lab and was involved with his TG DVD from last year.

Meanwhile, it's up on The Box now; I'll put it on one of the FTPs later. :)

I really hope to see this soon. I once hit my head against a dirt road at 35 mph, and turned the bicycle helmet I was wearing into bits of styrofoam (yes, I was riding a bicycle at 35mph+). I had a concussion, multiple broken bones, and had to walk more than 2 miles out of the woods. I have to add that I had, and still sometimes have a hard time remembering. I can't even begin to imagine what 105 mph, or 288 mph would do.

I've uploaded the Box rip to 95's FTP, in the Hammond Videos folder.

I just got finished watching this in iplayer, it was a lot better than I thought. Ever since Richard Hammond appeared on Top Gear again I thought he was somehow different, I initially put it down to the accident (understandably) ageing him. It was very telling and has probably explained why he (to my mind anyway) has never been quite the same again.

I'm in the middle of it now. Two things strike me. I get the impression that Sir Stirling is an utter gentleman and that Hammond is much more watchable when he does stuffy like this than when he's playing the "yappy Jack Russell terrier" character that we see him do so often. I've found him increasingly annoying of late but when he does this kind of thing he's very watchable. Just as Clarkson is in his documentaries and May in most of what he does. Backs up the argument that their TG personas are fake and merely caricatures.

No one who has had such a close encounter with the Grim Reaper as these two comes away from the experience unchanged. It matters not how it happened or if that person subsequently makes a full physical recovery. This isn't an interview, we are listening to two remarkable people talking to each other about issues that most of us prefer not to even think about let alone have to square up to then live with every day for the rest of our life.
This is a fascinating programme to watch but I'm so very glad that both of them are alive and well enough to make such a programme a possibility.