James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

What a pleasant surprise: the column is online already. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...03061/Green-Car-movement-a-leap-of-faith.html

I'm not sure what James had been smoking when he wrote it, but I'd like to have some of it as well. :mrgreen:

I had to read that twice. I have to say that with you, Mr May, I am rather disappointed in you. All that talk of being in Amsterdam, and 'fronds', drinking, spinning about in bowls and pretty much showing yourself and Richard as being a couple of rowdy, drunken and...um...'opiat-ed' up fools.

And neither of you took a camera!? Shame........:lol:

:threadnopics:

Substitute "thread" for "column"? ;)

:threadnopics:

Substitute "thread" for "column"? ;)

Maybe they were in the envelope the Panamera was racing. Sure, James said it was an office party pic, but you never know... ;)

Too true! :)

I stopped using bumper stickers when they kept getting vandalized. :/

My favourites that I've seen up here are:

Malwart: your source for cheap plastic crap.

and:

Eat moose. 12,000 wolves can't be wrong.

And my suggestion for James' Panda (not the F430, dammit!!!):

My other car really is a Fezza.

Last edited:
And my suggestion for James' Panda (not the F430, dammit!!!):

My other car really is a Fezza.

What about one for his Fezza: "Guess what, my other car is a Rolls." :)

Well, bearing in mind that the original version of that sticker was "My other car's a Porsche", he could have a couple of those. He could stick one on each of his Porsches

What about one for his Fezza: "Guess what, my other car is a Rolls." :)

Blasphemy! No bumper stickers on the nice cars! ;)

also for the Panda:

I don't need to over-compensate

:D

Bumper stickers are not that common here.

Has anyone thought that a Green car using electricity needs Green electricity? We generate most of ours from coal or gas - so that is a crap idea for starters, until we get a properly Green electricity generation system. And that does NOT include nuclear which is not Green in any way shape or form.

James's latest is up on a THURSDAY?! Will wonders ever cease? Or does the Torygraph office have a serious case of World Cup fever?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...826617/Kicking-up-a-stink-over-horse-poo.html

I can't decide whether to give you plus rep (for finding the column up early) or minus rep (for beating lindenchase to the punch, and for also mentioning the World Cup!)
:mrgreen:

I was going to plus rep you (was only joking about neg rep!), but it seems that I can't at the moment - I need to spread it around somewhere else, apparently! Sorry!

Last edited:
Well, I have three horses and since I (well and dear husband too) pick up after them twice a day I can attest that it's at least 30 lbs of poo per horse per day, probably more. It adds up quickly, and while it is not as disgusting to step in as dog or cat poo it's still not pleasant to get on your shoes, even if you are a horse person.
It's been my understanding that London has never had real fog, that the "fog" was actually coal smoke particles collecting on moisture droplets. That must have been really good for everyone's lungs.
So, James has a point I think, at least the emissions seem to be getting less obviously yucky.

Got the rep covered.

Last edited:
I can't decide whether to give you plus rep (for finding the column up early) or minus rep (for beating lindenchase to the punch, and for also mentioning the World Cup!)
:mrgreen:

Not to worry. I'm on holiday in Iceland and hopping from one dodgy wifi connection to the next. And I'm still in Reykjavik now. Next week is going to be great for hiking, but pretty bad for surfing the web. :( ;)

Not to worry. I'm on holiday in Iceland and hopping from one dodgy wifi connection to the next. And I'm still in Reykjavik now. Next week is going to be great for hiking, but pretty bad for surfing the web. :( ;)

Say 'hi' to my (very distant) relatives for me. ;)

Bah. I think there's room for all kinds of people. That's far more interesting to me than to pressure everyone follow the One Right True And Only Way of [insert noun here], whether it be James' vision or anyone else's. One size does not fit all, etc, yadddayaddayadda...

That said, I do agree that those body hair shaver things are ridiculous. But, hey, if it's what floats your boat, go for it.

Top Gear tomorrow!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D