Random Thoughts....

Anyone here in the Air Force? I'm having serious thoughts about signing up at the moment.

Not really know anybody so to speak, but I have a friend who got into the "sooper-dooper ultra-prestidgous" ADFA, started talking about all the oney he was going to get, ho cool he was going to be as a pilot and all that, got the Air Force hat and wore it everywhere... then didn't get the ATAR because he "failed" (ie.e scored badly enough to fuck up his ATAR) English because he kept talking to his girlfriend about how stupid English is and how he doen't need it for anything. He's now ding mech anical engineering at the same uni as me. Status of hat. Unknown, presumed burned.

Aahh! Wish me luck, people. I'm going in tomorrow to get my bottom 2 wisdom teeth out. :(

Fuckin' shitting myself!

Good luck! As I've said before, it's not too bad, just get lotsa yummy soft fods that you like (even pie fillings, I lived off those for a few days!) and enjoy the painkillers (TBH, you only really need Panadol, I could only have that after the first two days were full of bad reactions to analgesics and Panadol did the same as them- no pain whatsoever and I wasn't tripping over!!! :D)

Look at it this way- you will probably be in a bit of discomfort and pain for 1-1.5 weeks. Quite a few of my friends have their wisdom teeth comintg through now and I would say they have been in a similar level of discomfort and pain as I was (ie. popping the two Panadol every 4 hours) for waaaaay longer than that.

But good luck, take care of yoursef (and let your friends and family do so as well!) and just relax- it isn't fun, but it isn't the nightmare people make it out to be if you take it easy.
:hug:

Do you know how hard it was to get a flag with the Eagle and not get sued to death? :p
This is the inofficial Bundesdienstflagge with the "Wappen" instead of the "Schild" in the middle, otherwise ZOMG FLAG ABUSE DEATH PENALTY :D

German wikipedia says that only applies to German, while the German law doesn't make that provision, if that wasn't the case you could have simply revoked your nationality and used the proper round one. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
An interesting question occurred to me while browsing Facebook recently:

What's more romantic: Admitting to love in front of hundreds of people on Facebook, or in the real world but only in front of a couple people?

An interesting question occurred to me while browsing Facebook recently:

What's more romantic: Admitting to love in front of hundreds of people on Facebook, or in the real world but only in front of a couple people?

oh COME ON! what kind of a question is that? ... :shakefist:
i for one don't think the facebook way could be any less romantic, even if there was nobody there at all <_<

edit: i just realized, that was the way I see it. of course, there could be people who'd love that facebook thingy... :?

Last edited:
The internet in general cannot convey the emotions of being physically near someone and expressing it.

For example:

I love you, Evel.

I could be serious. I could also be sarcastic, or not genuine about it. How can you really tell?

oh COME ON! what kind of a question is that? ... :shakefist:
i for one don't think the facebook way could be any less romantic, even if there was nobody there at all <_<

I know it might sound a bit odd, but think about it: Hundreds of people see one, just a few see the other. Might be a bit of an issue for certain people, or not for others.

The internet in general cannot convey the emotions of being physically near someone and expressing it.

For example:

I love you, Evel.

I could be serious. I could also be sarcastic, or not genuine about it. How can you really tell?

A very good point, which is why I'd go with the in person option personally.

To answer the question:

Neither option - tell only the person you love, at an appropriate moment - i.e. Not whilst "doing it", unless asked.

Last edited:
Why does it matter how many people see it? Isn't it only important that you show your feelings towards somebody in the most personal way, in the way which you can most show your emotion? Like Jay says, saying something on the internet can be interpreted in dozens of way because of the lack inflection in your voice and the lack of body language. You can say it and mean it or not on the internet because your emotions aren't shown but actually being with that person and telling them that you truly love them, the emotions that you show put no doubt in that person's mind that you love them.

:thumbsup: for blueberries

I don't really get blueberries, they have no taste to me.

I like them in baked goods, but raw as a fruit it just tastes like cardboard to me.

Clockwerk, now you have ME jealous! Although I did pick up some locally grown peaches today.

Shawn, that clearly means you've never had proper blueberries. The green picked shipped in from who knows where shit they sell in grocery stores? Yeah, that's not a blueberry so much as a pseudo-blueberry imposter fruit.

Cobol74 American Visit May/June 2010.

Now I had time to review the pics and inwardly digest this years Florida's visit.

Good stuff - Saw the Space Shuttle take off and did the Space centre tour and Astronaughts centre - brilliant.
Went to Busche(sp) Gardens which had some really good rides, and to Sea World - no one get eaten - oh well can not have everything.
Did my fav steak house Outback - drank 4 bottles of Aussie beer and had a super steak. You know the difference between a Burger dinner and a sit down in a reasonable restraunt is not that great.

Had a chat on the phone to Jay - I think the poor bloke was trying to drive home whilst was rabbiting on at him.

In Orlando went to an Irish pub, boy I felt out of place I do not think that they realise that there is peace in N. Ireland still had a couple of pints - my mate was dead worried but we watched one of the Millwall games on the TV. I drank 2 pints (Imperial) of Smethwicks.

Lost my wallet in a car park with 500 USD and all my UK Credit Cards and drivers license in - handed in and I got it back! Well done American person - it was a member of the public I am seriously impressed.

Went to a Wrays game - brilliant. Sat next to what can only be described as an American Chav - boo, Sat infron of three er dick heads who would not shut up about theit iPhones, iPads and iMacs and how good they are - STFU! Still it is good to know America has dick heads as well as nice people. I was beginning to worry.

Went to the Daytona Race way - hell that is Big, no very big - OK I know it is mostly NASCAR but a good fun day out actually. They let you go around with a professional for something over 100USD - you get 3 laps - an out, full speed (limited to 160mph I think) and an in lap.

Went to Daytona Beach, Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and down to Key Largo. Er how can I put this - Highway 1 is like driving along a badly maintained motorway around a run down part of Birmingham.

Got off the road and stayed on Key Largo - wonderful Hotel, my mate went diving and it was a great place to be. The receptionist asked me and my mat (two of the very most married men you have ever met if we were there for the ladies night - ha!). I nearly told her we call these things Grab a Granny night - but did not as we were negotiating a price. Met a surfer dude who was well happy on Rum - but obviously a really nice bloke - he was funny and tried to get us into the party - we ran away!

Went down to Key West it was OK for the most part - got asked if we worked for BP (not popular there, why is that do you think?) - funny thing is we both work for (different) US companies. We saw the sun go down and it was stunning and had a really nice meal on the water front with a nice waiter. Talk about different from Texas - there was a bloke selling weed in a shop and there were police about more worried about the biker parade and keeping everyone safe - the bikers caused no trouble.

We did the everglades airboat thing - plus the alligators and snakes - great fun - there was one bloke who was doing the alligator wrestling - I did not believe it actually happened - it does!

Went to Miami to get the plane - came home - our Virgin Atlantic plane was stuffed full of BA passengers - so got no sleep.

Last edited:
More than likely you have, on multiple occasions.
What I don't like is ferals damaging my bus, bad weather, idiots in cars squeezing in where they shouldn't, and rain cancelling jobs - because I don't make money.

That is a pretty, pretty view. I would absolutely love to visit one of these days. Just don't know who to take with me as travelling by myself sucks.
I have the same problem. Canada is on my list of places to see, though it looks like Hawaii will be next if my friends end up going next year.

In other news, interview yesterday went really well. I know I always say that but I think I may have an actual chance at this one. I didn't get as much time as I wanted to finish the practical (had to do an email newsletter and a banner ad for a newspaper) but the designer who gave me the test said that it didn't really matter if I finished it or not, they just wanted to see my process I think? It's a 6 mos. contract but the same designer who I spoke with said that she started out the same way but has been there for over 12 yrs! I really, really want it even though I'll be using Macs full-time XP :lol:
Good luck with the job!!

Everyone I know that is in the military are either getting out or sticking around long enough to get their 20 years in(of those only 2 are more than 1 year remaining). I know of one that walked into his CO's office and hand him his resignation letter.

Did they quit just because they wern't happy, or did they find better jobs?

I love flying far too much, so 11 years in the Military to build up enough hours before transferring to a commercial airline would be a blink of the eye for me :)

Last edited:
Do you know how hard it was to get a flag with the Eagle and not get sued to death? :p
This is the inofficial Bundesdienstflagge with the "Wappen" instead of the "Schild" in the middle, otherwise ZOMG FLAG ABUSE DEATH PENALTY :D

You think that was hard? Try finding one with the eagle's head pointing to the right....

Shawn, that clearly means you've never had proper blueberries. The green picked shipped in from who knows where shit they sell in grocery stores? Yeah, that's not a blueberry so much as a pseudo-blueberry imposter fruit.

But the other berries from the grocery store taste decent enough. :dunno: