Random Thoughts....

5 years of UK Secondary education , and in an hour an a half, you can cock up ending up making those 5 years a waste of time.
You had the same oppurtunity in on our german universities... all grades you got during your studies did not count into the final grade, only your final thesis and 80 minutes of oral exams did. Never has fucking up everything you worked for within minutes been easier ;)

You had the same oppurtunity in on our german universities... all grades you got during your studies did not count into the final grade, only your final thesis and 80 minutes of oral exams did.
That depends on what you studied, though. My diploma thesis counted about one third of my final mark, the rest comprised of the grades for exams in the last 5 semesters (according to the plan). But I don't envy today's students - everything counts, from the first semester on.

What's the Boxter for?

Just as a present-y thing- we had a lot of gift vouchers with a company that hires out sportscars so we hired one as a long weekend excitement.

Our system is different. The coursework you do over the whole year is combined with the exam results to make up the final score. The problem is that the scoring is determined by the whole state, so that means you're a bit disadvantaged by other schools that are better educated.

Just as a present-y thing- we had a lot of gift vouchers with a company that hires out sportscars so we hired one as a long weekend excitement.

Worst time to rent one, with doubole demerits.

Worst time to rent one, with doubole demerits.

Meh, I'm not driving it. Even though $350 of my vouchers went towards it.

(sorry, just annoyed with parents that they think I get too stressed. Won't rant :))

Meh, I'm not driving it. Even though $350 of my vouchers went towards it.

(sorry, just annoyed with parents that they think I get too stressed. Won't rant :))

Not driving, are you crazy?! Your live close to the old putty road, go out and fang it to within an inch of its life :p.

What Fusion said.

Ugh, I go out and buy my first Bluray, and I have to update the firmware on my old PS3 to play it, lame.

The DMCA is now in control. They control the vertical. They control the horizontal. They now know what you watch and when you watch it. :p

The one update is all you should have for some time. I don't have that problem yet, I still use my HD-DVD.

Not driving, are you crazy?! Your live close to the old putty road, go out and fang it to within an inch of its life :p.

It's a Porsche. I'm on my P's. Double demerits. Any cops see me, I am kaputt. Although the whole thing isn't set in stone yet...

It's a Porsche. I'm on my P's. Double demerits. Any cops see me, I am kaputt. Although the whole thing isn't set in stone yet...

Just gotta keep the speed up so they don't see the plates....

I got bored....

mutihand.gif

Back to boredom...

God dammit, I really want to go flying again.

And my jet engine design is complete! Still too much POWEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but its sort of reasonable now.

Whoa....I think I passed the Statics portion of my Engineering Mechanics subject. Now if I can only pass Dynamics that's one unit done and dusted...

Dynamics isn't hard :p

Aside from fucken forces in mechanisms.

Awkward parental moment from yesterday:

Soooo, they're FINALLY thinking about picking up the Failtima and getting it fixed. FINALLY. After, gosh, three months of whining?

I kept trying to remember what I wanted to do this weekend that would necessitate having a car, and finally remembered it: OMG! One of my close friends is having his wedding reception? (whatever a pre-marriage get-together thing is called) on Saturday, so I asked if my folks could pick up the car on Sunday instead.

After some hum-hawing about how they don't like going anywhere on Sundays (even though I think there's less traffic when it's not a major weekend), mom asked, "you don't do anything I wouldn't be proud of at these parties you go to, do you?" The kinds of questions most people get asked when they're, gosh, 14? I'm probably one of the most boring people I know anyway and she's asking questions about a wedding party like I said, "Hey, mom, I'm gonna go chill with these scary-looking dudes over here who look like they sell meth."

Bonus: the party is at my friend's parents' house, and they're both profs at my school...which is kind of strict on the whole "no wild parties" thing, anyway.

Awwwwwkward tuuuuurtle.

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
I really should stop looking at the Lego website. I just got my pay today, and I'm already wondering what set to buy....