Stupid Driver Stories

I do not generally dislike cyclists. As long as they behave correctly, we're good. The other day however...

I do generally dislike bicyclists for a plethora of incidents just like these.

Also, SUVs are great for dealing with such problems. :mrgreen:

That's what I would do, it would be worth the new fucking bumper...
I probably would have, but I think that two bikes might do more damage to a lowered E36 than I would accept even when in raeg mode.

What's with chinese people not knowing how to drive properly? There's some really stupid accidents:

And that just one intersection!

Most of those are down to people not even looking to make sure the intersection is clear, putting their blinkerson and just going for it (which I think is an actual rule in China :rolleyes:), but some of those were just WTF??? Especially the ones where people are standing in the street, ignoring the cars and vice versa...

To reuse a phrase:

WHAT THE BLOODY FUCKINTOSH?

OMFG they're all fuckin' blind! :lol:

All this stupidity really annoys me...

The last one is utterly hilarious :rofl: :rofl:

Like Hbriz said, the one at 2.01..... "hey look there's a random pedestrian just standing in the middle of the road in the direction I'm looking at, I know! , I'm gonna speed up and run him over!" :rofl: :rofl:

Don't they have any kind of right of way systhem at intersections like this? or does everybody just ignore it ? :p

I do not generally dislike cyclists. As long as they behave correctly, we're good. The other day however...

On my way to work, I pulled off at my local gas station to get something for breakfast. It's a long, curved building which you park parallel to. There's space for two cars before the entrance, I pull my car onto the first one to leave space for the potential next guy. Also, before I stopped, I turned the front wheels to the very left to avoid an ad sign when I set off again.

So I get into the store, buy my breakfast and get back into my car to drive off. I put on the seatbelt, start the car, turn the lights on. And literally in the moment before my car starts moving, a cyclist stops his bike right in front of my car (actually between my front bumper and the ad sign), gets off his bike and disappears into the store. I just sat there for a couple of seconds with my mouth open. I mean how ignorant can you be? Deliberately putting your bike exactly in front of a car which is just about to drive off.

After I was done losing my faith in humanity, I slowly rolled back to straighten out the steering and to regain some space and checked my left wing mirror to make sure I don't crash into someone when driving off. And whom should I spot? Another cyclist entering the gas station. I probably could have sped away, but I didn't want to risk a crash and therefore waited for him to pass. And what would he do in thanks? Of course ... pilot his bike around my car and put it alongside the other bike and, again, right in front of my bumper. For a second, I thought about getting out of the car and fucking hit the fucking idiot in his fucking face. But being the christian motorist I am, I just shrugged it off, rolled back some more and finally got moving.

But we're not done yet. Some guy I saw in the store earlier was strolling around the gas station by foot and talking on his mobile phone (which is illegal by the way). But would he move out of the way as I was slowly driving across the station? Of course he wouldn't. He just dandered on directly looking at me, but not intending to move faster or out of the way in any form.

By now, I was so fucking loaded that I just waited until I had enough space and sped off. What a way to start the day, eh? <_<

If I were in that position I would

A) Hand my head out the window and ask him to move his bike.
B) After he ignored me, I would have run his precious bike over and driven away.

That could earn you three years in prison in Germany, in most cases though just a month walking. Of course only if the bike was valuable to begin with.

It's impossible to design Human Stupidity out of the equation.

True, but it can be alleviated somewhat by at least attempting to control the intersection.

What's with chinese people not knowing how to drive properly? There's some really stupid accidents:

That's not so much bad driving as a complete lack of rules. Have you ever seen how they drive in India? Trucks (lorries) mixed with small cars mixed with three-wheel rick-shaw looking things mixed with scooters mixed with pedestrians, weaving all over the place including on the wrong side of traffic.

In the west we have rules and etiquette which probably date back to "gentlemen" drivers at the dawn of the automobile. In these countries this is all new to the masses and it's an every-man-for-himself free-for-all.

A quick search of sample videos on Youtube didn't do it justice. I have something I'll upload myself.

Last edited:
edit

Traffic rules exist for a reason, as this other Chinese video demonstrates clearly.

----WARNING:---- the content may be shocking. Don't watch if you don't want to see hurt/suffering humans or animals.

It's spoilered so you don't get to play it accidentaly.

Those fu**ers are being so criminally stupid they really get on my nerves.

Last edited:
What the hell? There's traffic lights but nobody follows them! Why are they even there???