What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

http://go.iomega.com/en/products/network-storage-desktop/home-network-hard-drives/home-media/

on of those, in 1TB form. ?129.99 from PC World (could of got it for ?110 online but i couldnt be bothered to wait)

transfered all my movies, pictures and music to it and now i can stream the lot from the TV (DLNA thingy in the TV, samsung) or the Xbox 360. can also do it to the PS3 im looking after for this month. I have to say, i know people promote the PS3 as a complete media tool.... it doesnt seem to want to play anything other than a standard mans .avi file. the xbox is much better in this regard.

however, strangley, the TV's built in media player works so much better when you use a USB drive and plug it into the telly. when you stream over DLNA you often use the ability to fastforward and rewind, some times you cant pause either and you definately cant stop, then resume where you left off... the XBOX had all that down though, including segmenting video files up into equal chunks so you can skip big portions of video to get where you want to be, should the resume function not work.

i dont understand though. mkv files that played off a USB drive...wont play over the network. despite the TV manual saying it can play nearly any file type from either source.

still the hard drive is great. its got its own torrent downloader and i can just queue up stuff to download over night. it works perfectly with apple TimeMachine, and transfers over the network are ok. im limited by my router to 10/100..... so 10mb/s is what i see usually. quarter that for wifi though. its dog slow. but thats wifi for you. all in all very happy with it and its brushed metal matches my mac! neat!

I bought one of these:
28237_411829348600_532198600_4427343_5063181_n.jpg

Because I thought this was lost....

28237_411829333600_532198600_4427342_5901888_n.jpg

Lesson learned, never lend tools to others!

Now I have both!

Which is why I only ever loaned tools to people that work for me or worked with me in the same shop. If they don't return it in a reasonable time I can torture them mercilessly or fuck with their pay.

Which is why I only ever loaned tools to people that work for me or worked with me in the same shop. If they don't return it in a reasonable time I can torture them mercilessly or fuck with their pay.

Oh, see, this was my missus that borrowed it and didn't put it back... When I say I bought the Charge TTi. I meant to say 'she' bought the Charge TTi because I tortured her with hot wa....err bitched and moaned about it for weeks...

Last edited:
I bought a Skeletool myself, always keep it with me even when im not using tools for work, ALWAYS a handy thing to have around

Among the $90 in groceries purchased today was this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/craigb/2010/06/14/2988945411_073dfc56d7.jpg
(Not my photo.)

It's been in the fridge now for about 6 hours, so I thought it was time to try it. My first impression was it wasn't what I thought it might be, but the more I drink the more I like it. I've always liked chocolate malts and this is that, with out the chocolate.

I also bought some Mexican Coca-Cola and Sidral Mundet (in the glass bottle, not the plastic).

I needed a new racing helmet for the FSAE competition here in California, so I attempted to find the most vulgar and ridiculous helmet possible.

I succeeded.

D3C_8511.jpg

Vulgarsonic!

Thats pretty sweet.

I needed a new racing helmet for the FSAE competition here in California, so I attempted to find the most vulgar and ridiculous helmet possible.

I succeeded.

Vulgarsonic!

Vulgar? That's not vulgar, this is:

Icon_Speed_Cretin_Helmet.jpg

Of course, made by Icon.

That is a good show. I haven't seen any of the full seasons, but I joined my roommate every now and then when I found him watching it. I have to get around to watching the whole thing, because I really enjoyed what I saw.

http://img72.imageshack.**/img72/6283/ficokits.jpg

-Original Honduras T-shirt
-Original Honduras hat
-Original Honduras scarf
-Bag to carry it all

Last edited:
product-front-server.jpg

I'll be swapping out one of the hard disks with my 40GB SSD.

And to pre answer the flames I don't play many games and I have a Quad Core 2 with an ATI 4890 for when I do.

product-front-server.jpg

I'll be swapping out one of the hard disks with my 40GB SSD.

And to pre answer the flames I don't play many games and I have a Quad Core 2 with an ATI 4890 for when I do.

You'll get no flaming from me, the Mac Mini is a decent computer for mainstream users. I do wish it stuck with its 499 entry price it had when it launched, but for sheer industrial design it's amazing. :)

4 tires and apparently I will be purchasing two inner tie rods as well!
LSH-and-LSV.jpg

I needed some polish, but when I got to Halfords they had something called Turtle Wax Black Box for ?14.99 as the box was damaged. I thought I would give it a go, and I have to say that I am very impressed with the finish it has produced. There was probably enough stuff included for 10 treatments so a pretty good deal, even at the full price of ?24.99.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pe/peter3hg/2010/06/16/turtle_wax_black_box__05419_zoom.jpg