Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

doc_brown-full-1.jpg

My mum currently has a base-model Focus sedan as a hire-car while our Pug's getting the front end fixed after my brother rear-ended someone at the start of the week. To cut to the chase: she really really likes it. So much so, she said she'd consider a used five-door when it comes to replacing the 306. :blink: Hopefully this will get her mind off of the idea of getting a bloody 308 forever.

I don't think I'd be able to convince her to get an XR5 (a.k.a ST), however, being manual only and all that. I'll push at least for the Zetec if possible. :lol:
This has to happen eventually, the 306 isn't going to go forever, in fact, I'm surprised the damn thing is still running with all the prangs and maltreatment it's had, (one mother not great on keeping up with maintenance, and a bit of thrashing by both my brother and yours truly) may just eventually say 'ENOUGH!' and set itself on fire like all good French cars do (just so long as it doesn't do it sitting in the garage right behind my poor econo-mobile).

EDIT: @ the stretch-DeLorean.

1) Yes, it is awesome.
2) Yes, I am weird. :p

Last edited:
Topgear.com/au said:
Parking cop fines car with no wheels

As it is, parking cops already assume a spot of the totem pole of humanity somewhere between Ivan The Terrible and Ivan Milat. This, though is a new low even for them. An Adelaide man had parked his Megane outside his house, only to come back and find the car on bricks and the wheels gone. He got straight on the blower to order another set, but being a long weekend, he needed to wait for a couple of days for them to be delivered. He put a sign on the car and went to work...

... only to return to a parking ticket on the window, and another in the process of being written for him. The attending officer then haughtily informed him the car would be towed if it hadn't moved by the following day!
Yeah, why doesn't this suprise me? I've seen a parking officer park in a bus zone to check the meters on parked cars. Link

i just reserved a car, it will be imported from germany. shall see if its sold already or will i soon be an owner of focus st170.

Hey, I can prove I was at home before he left work and didn't leave for longer than it took to run to the corner store and back. No way I could have done anything, right?

All the time in the world when it comes to you :p

incredibly awesome.

i just reserved a car, it will be imported from germany. shall see if its sold already or will i soon be an owner of focus st170.

excellent choice.

Had to go to the Skoda dealers today and so obviously I had to mess about with the showroom cars... the Yeti is fantastic. It looks great and the dash was brilliant.

I hate when you're in a showroom and people are scared to open the fucking door. I open everything, sit in all the seats etc.

Had to go to the Skoda dealers today and so obviously I had to mess about with the showroom cars... the Yeti is fantastic. It looks great and the dash was brilliant.

I hate when you're in a showroom and people are scared to open the fucking door. I open everything, sit in all the seats etc.
I don't think the fear of opening a door is down to being scared of breaking something but comes down to not wanting to get attacked by sales people, at least over here. I always sit in the cars if I'm at a dealership and it seems like I'll be there for a while, I sometimes get the watchful eye from someone who think that all youths are troublemakers but that doesn't stop me.

If you don't want to be attacked by a salesperson, why are you in a dealership? I must say the only main dealer that you feel like you can have a decent browse without being asked about stuff is our local Volvo dealer.

The average person brings their car to the dealers to fix the car and/or do general maintenance.

My mums car was in for warranty work... she also gets free car washes. :D
The tip is sit in the customer area for 10 mins, so the sales men know why you're there. Then you get up and don't get hassled.

If I want ignored I show up to a dealership in the Grand Prix. If I want offers to test drive whatever I show up in the Mustang and park it right in front of the dealers front window. It's hilarious the difference I get, even at the same dealership. I'm not joking when I say the first words out of a salespersons mouth seeing me get out of the Mustang are generally "Anything you'd like to test drive?"

Mechanic at VW didn't put the intake back together properly, after repairing the air-con in my car. Just three pieces that snap together, how could he not see that! Thanks to my genius, performance has been restored. :p

Well there's your problem.

The average person brings their car to the dealers to fix the car and/or do general maintenance.

Ah touche. I didn't think about maintenance. Mainly because both we haven't had the Kangoo done at the Renault garage since the warranty ran out (local place my parents know well) and now the Renault dealer has now closed down their workshop area due to lack of business.