Gran Turismo 5

I wonder what they'll be able to squeeze out of the PS3.

I get the feeling that the current barrier to development is the amount of time it takes to create the cars at high resolutions rather than what the hardware can handle. Limitations of man power has overtaken limitations of hardware.

Good news everybody!

Before my Inbox completely melts down, I will reluctantly share this news. A blog called ?iGameReport? claims to have emailed Polyphony Digital in an attempt to clarify the notion that Gran Turismo 5?s ?standard cars? will not have interior view. Here?s a portion of what they say Polyphony?s response contained:

?Standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars. The existing cars are not just being copied; they are all being generated properly to create authentic experiences from car to car.?

Aside from the fact that such communication with a member of the public or the press would be an extraordinary event for secretive Polyphony Digital (considering that?s the job of the game?s publisher, Sony Computer Entertainment), that quote sounds a bit too familiar. The first sentence actually comes directly from GTPlanet?s own forums, and was posted here on June 21 by Guffaluff as he quoted an email that he received from an editor at Kotaku:

?What you write in the above segment indicates that the standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars.?

Keep in mind that Kotaku is the only blog which came away with this impression after the Yamauchi?s private GT5 press meeting at E3 2010. It?s also the exact opposite to what Polyphony Digital has posted on their own Japanese website. With all due respect to Kotaku?s editors, I?m going to side with Polyphony Digital on this one.

I?d like all standard cars to have interior views as much as anyone else (though not nearly as much as I want a track editor and weather features), and I would be very happy to be wrong here. For now, though, I remain highly skeptical. To Curtis Green, the author of the blog post in question, I challenge you to prove that your email communication with Polyphony Digital was genuine by posting more information or by contacting me directly.

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-confusion-over-standard-car-interiors/

I personally don't give a damn about having an interior view, probably because I don't use it. I love hood cam, it's what I've always used, I tried interior cams before and my lap times got screwed up.

I used to use a 3rd person camera because I like to look at the car I am driving. It adds a lot of personality. However when I started going for serious lap times I found I was much better using a bumper cam, and now I feel interior view is the best compromise (plus it feels more natural since I started driving).

I won't necessarily use the interior view but it would be nice to step inside an old Civic or something and what it looked like inside, with 1,000 cars it can be very interesting :)

Oh c'mon already! This is like Jessica Alba licking the tip of your dick, but not putting it in her mouth. I hate it when we get such vague info from game developers.

So, we've learned that Jessica Alba licking the tip of your penis is better than GT5. And on that bombshell, we will see you next week. Goodnight!

/Jessica outro-

Just found this... Order the CE on CrapStop, and get 2 more special edition cars ontop of the 5 you already get in the CE.

* McLaren F1 Stealth Model - Custom tuned for improved performance, including weight reduction, and increased power. Also features custom carbon fiber ?Stealth? paint scheme with Gran Turismo racing logos.
* GameStop NASCAR Car with Gran Turismo design - Joey Logano's #20 Nationwide NASCAR featuring Gran Turismo 5 racing logos.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/06/25/GT5_bonusLG.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/06/25/GT5_bonus1LG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78225

And still no news on Amazon.

I personally don't give a damn about having an interior view, probably because I don't use it. I love hood cam, it's what I've always used, I tried interior cams before and my lap times got screwed up.

+1

And good, no extra models for pre-order / SE / etc. it looks like.

Last edited: