iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

^ That's what I call some high flying action.

Now I'm in the 1:51's. Awesome.

UPDATE: I have encountered the dark side of iRacing.

Me and another driver, Ben Adams2, were racing for first place. I took the lead, but he was able to keep up. I had slight oversteer through turn 3 and lost some speed, so Ben tried to overtake me...on the outside for turn 4. His nose hit my rear quarter panel, which sent him off the track, but I was able to keep my car steady to continue on. He accused me off forcing him off the track.

On lap 10, I'm coming into turn 2 and take it a bit too fast, and I go off the edge. As I'm getting back onto the track, Ben, who had been sitting on the pit exit, accelerate and rams into me, and says I deserved it. I'm forced to reset at the pits and lose my first place position (amazingly I'm ahead enough to retain 2nd place), and of course I get my safety rating penalized.

Needless to say, I reported the guy and I hope he gets banned.

Last edited:
Wow. What a jerkwad. I've only encountered one wrecker, and that was in a Legends race, only he was gunning for everybody.

I had a really epic race tonight, 19th to 3rd. I'll post a vid, but in HD, it'll take a while to compress (I'll do it tomorrow).

Getting pretty comfortable in the Mustang now. You know, it drives a lot like a GT car from a Simbin game. Just without the iffy force feedback.

Last edited:
Hey I just saw Jens in a race :) I didn't realize it till I went to look at some results. I knew that name was familiar.

Solstice race? My god it sucked :( I got taken out on the last turn twice because the guy in front of me spun and I couldn't avoid a crash. This ofcourse caused a drop in my safety rating :(

Solstice races are hard for me. Haven't driven the car for a long time, and it just doesn't have any decent feeling as you go around. I've been on the advanced legends, and gotta say, had some really good races on there. Also had my first V8 supercars race earlier on. Started well, got into 4th place and then lap 15 and I lapped a backmarker coming out of the last corner. Then for some reason on turn 2 I dropped it on the outside and as soon as you're on that grass, the tires just don't work, and I smashed into the tire wall. Was quite annoyed with myself. I had noticed that each lap it was getting harder and harder to turn in there. I guess tire wear came into effect? Ah well. I shall race again!

Solstice race? My god it sucked :( I got taken out on the last turn twice because the guy in front of me spun and I couldn't avoid a crash. This ofcourse caused a drop in my safety rating :(
Yeah, it did suck. I started 3rd, but spun 'er on turn 6 (yay). Didn't hit anyone, so I took up 6th or so. There had to have been a lot of carnage as I ended up 2nd and never passed a car on track. I made a couple of sweet moves, but I forgot to save the replay. It does suck. I'm only in there because I want to get my SR above 4.0, and I usually get a good bit from those races.

I tried the SRF tonight. Love it, and am starting to work with it. I downloaded the Jetta, Skippy, Mustang, and the Late Model. All of em are nice, I think .Mustang will be hella fun. Skippy was surprisingly fun too.

I just downloaded the Mustang too, going to try it out right away. I want to get my SR above 4.0 by the end of the day (it's only 12:47 am here)
The SRF is a lot of fun to drive but really hard to not screw it up at least once in a race :p

I just downloaded the Mustang too, going to try it out right away. I want to get my SR above 4.0 by the end of the day (it's only 12:47 am here)
The SRF is a lot of fun to drive but really hard to not screw it up at least once in a race :p

Thats sorta my goal, get 4.0 by the end of the weekend. I'm at 3.68 now, so maybe 5 or 6 races.

The SRF is, but if you can get it set up, its good. Just getting there is the crap. Although I wasn't thinking clearly when I was working on my setup. I have a good base setup I found on the net.

I'm not very good at making setups but in case of the Mustang I will really have to fiddle with it untill I get that understeer dialed out.

Don't know yet. There isn't a series for it yet. Most likely D, since this is a gap car between the Jetta/Solstice and the V8, which races in C.

Getting out of rookie class is hard when you are racing with rookies who love to crash right in front of you. I think I need to just use qualifying to boost my SR.

Getting out of rookie class is hard when you are racing with rookies who love to crash right in front of you. I think I need to just use qualifying to boost my SR.

Qualifying and time trials. Sometimes you just have to do it.

Here's the video of the Mustang race. The engine note in the replay is noticeably more grumbley than when you're actually driving.

Last edited:
I can't drive the 'Stang online atm because I don't own the track it's currently racing on, meh.. Don't feel like buying another track this month, so I'll have to wait.

The Stang for me feels like it's on rails...I love it.

I wouldn't say it's on rails, but it does have a very well defined optimal slip angle window.

It's probably due to this tire: BF Goodrich R1

Same tire as is going to be on the Mazda MX-5. Hopefully it has the same characteristic.

Does any one know the method to the madness that is SR? I did 15 laps in a time trial, had 3 off tracks, and got +.07. I just did a qualifying, 7 laps and 2 off tracks, and I got +.44. Is SR affected by the cars around you and what they do?

Does any one know the method to the madness that is SR? I did 15 laps in a time trial, had 3 off tracks, and got +.07. I just did a qualifying, 7 laps and 2 off tracks, and I got +.44. Is SR affected by the cars around you and what they do?

If you want to get really technical, you can search the forums for one "Lincoln Miner". He does a lot of safety rating explaining.

But the general run down is that safety rating is based on corners per incident. If you raise your corners per incident in a session, your rating (your average) goes up. The system takes a couple thousand of your most recent corners into consideration.

A rookie 3.0 safety rating is something like 15 corners per incident. An A 4.0 is more like 150 corners per incident. There is a lot of overlap between the various levels.

The reason for the .44 boost is because you passed a full number. If you're a D 2.97 and you gain .04 points of rating (bringing you past 3.00), you will be awarded an extra .40, so it will show up as .44. Same thing happens if you pass a full number on the way down. It just speeds up the advancement process a little bit while giving you a little wiggle room on the way down.

Sessions are also weighted. You won't gain as much safety rating doing 15 clean laps in a qualify session as you would in a race session. Time trials I think are a 0.10 multiplier. Pre-race warmup I think is a 0.30 multiplier, qualifying is a 0.50 multiplier, and race is a 1.0 multiplier. But that's just from memory.

The system is a designed as an average like that to promote continual improvement as well as large jumps in improvement. If you have a moderate record, but continue to get slightly more than moderate results consistently, your rating will see exponential increases if you keep it up. The system basically goes "well, you're a decent driver and you manage about 4 incident points per race, but that last race was pretty good with only 2 incident points. You might have been lucky, though, so here's 0.03 rating. Oh, wait, you've finished your last 5 races with 2.5 incident points on average? Here's 0.06 for each race." Even though your average points per race was worse than when it awarded you a 0.03, you had a streak of above-your-average races so it gives you many more points.

Last edited:
Finally made it to D class early this morning. No more solstice for me. I'll start doing the SRF, Jetta, and the Skippy once I have a tune for each of them (cept the Jetta, as it has no tuning). I am also going to skip the Lime Rock Chicane on the SRF. I just hate that chicane bit. I can't find a descent line so my times are in the 1:06s

^Try to enter the corner like you normally would but gently start to brake about a second after you've hit the apex, the harder you start to brake the more you turn in for the chichane. Once the car is approaching the apex of the chicane I go full throttle again. My times on Lime Rock with the SRF are mostly in the 1.04s with a decent tune.