Random Thoughts....

Well I'm watching Muse @ Glastonbury until 2am or so :p And I suggest you do as well if you have BBC2. Oh yeah, the bassist is smoking a pipe on stage - that's pretty awesome. :lol:

Well I'm watching Muse @ Glastonbury until 2am or so :p And I suggest you do as well if you have BBC2. Oh yeah, the bassist is smoking a pipe on stage - that's pretty awesome. :lol:
Same.:)

Smoking in a public place OMGWTFBBQ that's illegal

Someone brought a vuvuzela to Glastonbury. :lol: The drums in New Born were a bit overpowering, but apart from that every song has been fecking perfect.

House of The Rising Sun holy crap!

Just a few more years and I am coming back to civilized Europe.

What is with your continued knocks on the US? You chose to be here. You evidently felt our educational system to be superior. Why the insults?

Don't let the door hit your thong-clad ass.

Now you guys, come on. I was just running the vacuum. I don't know about you, but I do my best thinking when I'm either cleaning or in the shower. Actually being in the shower is just cleaning myself so let's just say I do my best thinking while cleaning. In Bulgaria you can leave your young child at a state run care center without abdicating your parental rights and pick it up again later, when it's big enough to work. How much more civilized can you get than that? We should really strive to be more like that. Right?

^^ Ah I'm a bit behind :p I started watching a bit late and am only on Resistance atm. But yeah they're playing the riff of House of the Rising Sun in quite a few stadium gigs now - with the crowd singing along. Maybe they heard some of the age old jokes of randomly shouting out at a gig "HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN!!!" because everyone knew there was no chance of it being played :lol:

And the smoking is OK I think as it's only got 3 walls, however it is a place of work...

And I must say - I'm really looking forward to Wembley now :D

Ugh, cleaning. I need to do that soon. My parents are giving me the Failtima back tomorrow!

This is quite, quite standard here. I'd suggest getting used to it. Surely your girl friends from home would look around and see no one else with her top off and figure out rather quickly that it was inappropriate. A rule is not needed when manners suffice. And yes, a topless woman is considered indecent and subject to arrest anywhere in the US.

Different countries have different rules and moral standards, no one would think to do the same in an islamic country I guess (apart from australians at Bali). What I found kind of amusing in the US was even little girls wearing bikini tops, while that is rather rare in Europe, I mean there is little physical difference between boys and girls at age 4 or so.

Bali is not Islamic as it happens, it is Hindu for the most part - it is one reason why the Bali bombers were not that bothered about killing their own people. Most of the rest of Indonesia is Islamic I think.

At the grocery store. Saw someone. Tall. Long brown hair tied with a scrunchy. Brown skirt. First thought in my head was: "Anna?".

Then I saw the hairy legs. It was a Scottish dude.

I think I'm gonna be sick

Don't let the door hit your thong-clad ass.

I think everyone will agree that thongs should be worn only by girls :)
This is quite, quite standard here. I'd suggest getting used to it. Surely your girl friends from home would look around and see no one else with her top off and figure out rather quickly that it was inappropriate. A rule is not needed when manners suffice. And yes, a topless woman is considered indecent and subject to arrest anywhere in the US.

You are of course right. The question is...why is topless-ness considered inappropriate in the first place? I know girls here who have even felt uncomfortable coming with me to the swimming pool because I would have seen them in their bathing suit.

What is with your continued knocks on the US? You chose to be here. You evidently felt our educational system to be superior. Why the insults?

I know it must sound like I'm bashing the US occasionally, but I am only doing it because I am yearning for that "perfect country" that combines all the best things from Europe and the US. I do like living in the US. But I also like to compare and contrast, and that's why I ramble about things from time to time.
Bulgaria is far from perfect, and I would never say it is better than the US. I do not mean to insult anyone. A lot of what I say is meant as sarcasm anyways :)

At the grocery store. Saw someone. Tall. Long brown hair tied with a scrunchy. Brown skirt. First thought in my head was: "Anna?".

Then I saw the hairy legs. It was a Scottish dude.

I think I'm gonna be sick
http://img638.imageshack.**/img638/9711/128977102875053389.jpg

On other note, i hate, hate, hate songs stuck on my head, because i know once they're gone, I'll never enjoy them so much ever again.

I think everyone will agree that thongs should be worn only by girls :)

DUH!

You are of course right. The question is...why is topless-ness considered inappropriate in the first place? I know girls here who have even felt uncomfortable coming with me to the swimming pool because I would have seen them in their bathing suit.

The US of A was founded by peeps running from religious persecution to setup their own religious nonsense. As a result most Americans have a very confused sense of morality. If what they are wearing is appropriate, why are they so ashamed to be seen in it? Or maybe your just a perv and creep them out????? :p

I know it must sound like I'm bashing the US occasionally, but I am only doing it because I am yearning for that "perfect country" that combines all the best things from Europe and the US. I do like living in the US. But I also like to compare and contrast, and that's why I ramble about things from time to time.
Bulgaria is far from perfect, and I would never say it is better than the US. I do not mean to insult anyone. A lot of what I say is meant as sarcasm anyways :)

Don't be such a wuss. Most Americans know that we are fucked up, they just hate when outsiders point it out.

Question: Why do "Ricers" get crap for putting loud exhaust on their tiny engines yet bikers put louder exhaust on smaller engines and a lot of people think that's cool?

For the record I hate both examples.

Because Bulgaria doesn't have to deal with fat British tourists who take their tops off at every opportunity? (Brits are the worst for this)

Question: Why do "Ricers" get crap for putting loud exhaust on their tiny engines yet bikers put louder exhaust on smaller engines and a lot of people think that's cool?

For the record I hate both examples.

Probably because bikers don't fit resonators that make their bikes sound like a lawn mower with a gastrointestinal problem.

But yeah, both are annoying.