The 2010 South Africa world cup thread!

It seems like the refs in this World Cup is pretty bad.

Adidas developed a chipped ball that would be able to tell whether it was in or not - FIFA didn't like it.

Germans need to score again so when England lose they cant crow about being robbed

Even two more German goals would still leave the feeling of being robbed - in 1966 Germany lost 2-4, so by that logic Germany was not robbed there... but as a result of falling behind 2-3 they had to go risky, and caught another one later instead of going to the penalties with obvious results :lol:

England got robbed. But I'm still amused by the reaction of the unbiased commentators. I can only imagine how much they'd be talking about it had that been a German effort.

Lets see if they can use this as a catalyst to fight hard in the second half. It's a good game, apart from the shite decision.

Wow. That ref will be killed by English fans if they lose.

Adidas developed a chipped ball that would be able to tell whether it was in or not - FIFA didn't like it.

Wow, interesting.

That may be a bit too prone to hacking/manipulation/malfunction/etc, which is understandable. But FIFA need to at least implement instant replay technology at the goal line, or if they are so anti-technology and 'purist' they can add another couple of "goal refs" to specifically ref for goals.

Seriously ref, seriously?!? It's gonna come down to the wire.

Game on! Come on England!!

But FIFA need to at least implement instant replay technology at the goal line, or if they are so anti-technology and 'purist' they can add another couple of "goal refs" to specifically ref for goals.

They're anti-technology, they want to keep it as a game purely influenced by human interaction. Still, I don't see why they have no goal line referees.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

O ya. Blitzkrieg.

Anyone notice the general lack of vuvuzelas in this match? Makes football feel civilized again.