Lens Flair

IMG_8687.jpg

So one week ago I got myself a Canon XSi as my first DSLR! Bought from B&H Photo's used department (with the kit 18-55 mm lens) and I'm finally getting the hang of using all manual controls. Also I'm surprised to find out that I prefer to do manual focus rather than the auto focus feature. Anyway here's a shot I took today while I was keeping an eye on my cats outside.

4744481190_819f025bba_b.jpg

Got a new multi function printer yesterday, so I've finally been able to scan a few old prints from the dark room. Disclaimer: It isn't that overexposed in real life, the scanner overexposes shit. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

nikita-01-res.jpg

Taken with a Canon AE-1 and a 50/1.8 one year ago, or something like that.

nomix: at class we have an Epson Perfection V750 scanner, where it does a test scan first, so you can crop it and adjust the histogram, then scan at 48bit and 4800 dpi. Maybe there's a setting you've missed.

Perfection.. nice name. This is just a Pixma from Canon. :p I'll have a look into the settings, but it's probably more than anything else just a basic scanner. :p

Well, it is perfect. ;) Those numbers aren't exaggerated and it produces crystal clear scans of negatives, diases and prints. Cost well over ?1000 when we got it (dropped by 25% already).

One (Color Fantasy) of two (the other is Color Magic) nearly identical ferrys going between Oslo and Kiel. It's basically one of the worlds biggest ferrys, or cruise ship with a car deck. To our American exchange student friends it became known as the "Booze Cruise".

P6265427.jpg

Well, it is perfect. ;) Those numbers aren't exaggerated and it produces crystal clear scans of negatives, diases and prints. Cost well over ?1000 when we got it (dropped by 25% already).

That's indeed nice. Funniest thing was the guy in the shop trying to convince me that this $100 multi function printer was as good as a photo lab. Yeah. That's why it's a 100 bucks, while a professional photo lab starts at 20-30 000 bucks.

But nooo.. it was still AS GOOD as a professional photo lab. I tried telling him that just because it says "professional photos" in the buff on a Canon 450D, it doesn't mean that you get the same results as you'd get with a 6000 dollar 1Ds3, not to mention that it's not just the printer.. it's after all about the guy printing too, if he doesn't know his shit, it won't work..

*bangs head against wall repeatedly*

I usually start fake sneezing in the presence of those people and when they ask me what's wrong I just reply that I'm allergic to bullshit. :D

Then I buy what I initially set out to buy. :p

Last edited: