The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

New mach 4 wind tunnel:

supersonic4.jpg

IMHO, the probe and drogue is a far less elegant solution compared to a boom and receptacle system.

IMHO, the probe and drogue is a far less elegant solution compared to a boom and receptacle system.

IIRC, the probe and drogue is not only less elegant, but has a much lower debit. But at least it allows for simultaneous refueling of two aircrafts.

I thought those Mig 29s were french for a minute there and I was wtf'ing, until I noticed the hindi writing. I thought the flags and roundels were french colours... shut up, I have poor colour vision, jerk.

Doesn't the refuelling of two planes at once make up for the slower fuelling anyways? But then I wouldn't think you can refuel any bigger planes so that's a big one in the cons column.

Yes but for smaller aircraft it is a better solution to refuel multiple planes at once.

The only real advantages I can think of to the probe and drogue is its ability to refuel helicopters and its compact size. The Navy can't have a full-sized refueling aircraft on a carrier, so they stick some buddy store tanks on a Prowler or Hornet and let it refuel planes as needed.

I can't wait until every man, woman and child in the New York area has that. Air Traffic Jam Galore 10,000%

I can't wait until every man, woman and child in the New York area has that. Air Traffic Jam Galore 10,000%

Actually, giving flying cars to everyone would ease traffic congestion considerably...because soon they would all be dead.

Last edited:
I thought those Mig 29s were french for a minute there and I was wtf'ing, until I noticed the hindi writing. I thought the flags and roundels were french colours... shut up, I have poor colour vision, jerk.

Su-27s. :lol:

Same thing.

edit: and mig-29s have pointier noses than su-27s, so it's obvious at that that they're mig-29s on that point alone, plus the Indian Air Force does not now nor have they ever flown su-27s. :lol: at you, ass.

Last edited:
Yes, I am actually mistaken on that. No they do not fly Su-27s, but they are not MiGs. They are Su-30s.

Yes, I am actually mistaken on that. No they do not fly Su-27s, but they are not MiGs. They are Su-30s.

I concur they are some Sukhoi Flanker variant, definatly not Migs.

The giant tailboom between the nozzles is a dead giveaway that they are part of the Flanker family.

Last edited: