Do you have any food hang-ups?

Apart from mushrooms, I can't stand celery if it's raw or undercooked so you get that crunch and the texture is still there and wrong for my palette. Another thing I can't stand are strawberries, because everything (the smell, taste, texture) doesn't agree with me and ended up gagging on it (although I have gagged on a lot of things which don't agree with my head)

Oh no meat pies FTW! It does not matter what is in them so long as they taste nice and do not make you sick IMHO. Jamaica 'Patties' FTW by the way.

+another to the mushroom hate. They're just so godawful. I also can't stand celery, I don't know why, it's just... ew. That's about it though. I had some tripe last time I had chinese and it actually tasted pretty good, but the texture was gross so I can't really say that I did or didn't like it, it's neutral - stomach isn't actually food though, so I don't think that counts.

It's funny though because my mom won't eat any indian type food or seafood, meanwhile I think Indian food is awesome and sea critters are delicous (fishy fish is the best, white fish is just boring)

Tripe I can handle in things like vietnamese noodle soup and other forms (like in dimsum) but i've tried grilled intestine before....ugh, not my thing.

I've become more and more open to everything during the last couple of years; I didn't like herring, mustard or mushrooms, but all are fine for me these days. Crawfish needs to be 'prepared' beforehand though; I'm not touching those fucking insects.

Generally, I pretty much eat anything that is not generally considered disgusting.

one thing I used to think was disgusting but eat fondly now is blood sausage in many forms

wether its black pudding in an english breakfast

BlackPudding.jpg

french style Boudin Noir

boudin_noir_plate.jpg

korean soondae

3598296991_a8a9056f99.jpg

Lots of mushroom hate here. For me, I love mushrooms, but my wife hates them, so I don't cook em too often. My only real hangups are melon, can't stand the taste of them. Add 1 piece of melon to a fruit salad, and it's ruined for me. The only melon I can kinda stand is watermelon, since it has no taste.
Another one for me is caraway, although it's not as bad anymore as it used to be. As a kid that stuff (and cumin to a lesser extent) made me really nauseous, and gave me huge headaches. Now I actually like the taste (and smell <3) of cumin and can handle caraway in small quantities.

How does watermelon have no taste? :blink:

There are some foods I hate, like beans, but I never gagged because I ate them. Y'all are a bunch of vaginas. :p

Last edited:
meat has to be cooked "well done." I'm hung up on the whole "undercooked meat could kill you" thing to even willingly try it otherwise.

A mushroom is part of a fungus...I'm not eating that. I also can't stand raw onions although cooked onions are fine. Runny eggs are just disgusting. Shrimp has a weird texture and I don't like the taste all that much. I also don't particularly like sausage on pizza.

I'm going to have to put on my flame-proof suit and securely grasp my man card for this one, but I can't stand rare steaks. I'm at the top of the food chain and raw meat is for lesser animals. Medium is the absolute minimum for me but when I'm eating in a restaurant I always go for medium-well or well because their medium is still bleeding more than an emo kid on Saturday night.

I'm going to have to put on my flame-proof suit and securely grasp my man card for this one, but I can't stand rare steaks. I'm at the top of the food chain and raw meat is for lesser animals. Medium is the absolute minimum for me but when I'm eating in a restaurant I always go for medium-well or well because their medium is still bleeding more than an emo kid on Saturday night.

:yes::cheers:

Watermelon tastes awesome, you have to try the farm fresh ones though! What i cant stand is curried or fried long bean. I love it raw or blanched, but the cooked one can make me puke just from the smell.

Well-done meat tastes like cardboard. Also, if meat is bleeding badly it has not been rested properly.

are you saying you don't eat meat that hasn't been cooked well done? or you cannot stand meat that has been cooked into charred bullshit?

Pickles.

There are many foods I don't like and choose not to eat, but if I accidentally eat a pickle I gag. There's nothing wrong with them. They don't disgust me. I just can't eat them. Worst of all is when they contaminate perfectly good french fries.

I LOOOOOVE pickles! :D